A Big Player Inbound? - $ Suddenly Freed Up Via Restructure of Chubb | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Big Player Inbound? - $ Suddenly Freed Up Via Restructure of Chubb

"Boner alert"

If Debo is on the block, Mike McDaniel will do anything to get him and Debo is on the record for absolutely loving McDaniel in San Francisco. We need another receiver and Debo would be fantastic. Absolute perfect fit.
Would be the same problem as SF. Too many high dollar receivers and only 1 ball to throw to them.

I’d be leary to trade a 2nd for Jennings. Soldi player, balled out in the SB, knows the system, and would fill the profile, but still. A 2nd for Deebo then, yea.

Jennings for a comp 3rd perhaps..

Grier is signing a little known Guard out of Warwood Jr. High

Now … He hasn’t played competitively since 1987, so it might take a week or so of camp for me - er, um, him - to get back up to speed. But I figure for that kind of money, it shouldn’t take long to motivate our new guard.

He promises to put the money to good use.

Well, Grier is up to something.

Who knows, maybe he will trade for Justin Jefferson

I kid I kid.... or do i?

Monday after the draft if I'm not mistaken. We've still got quite some time before that.
"[A] Compensatory Free Agent (“CFA”) shall be defined as an Unrestricted Free Agent (“UFA”) who: (i) signed with a new Club during the prior free agency signing period […] prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the Monday following the NFL Draft for that League Year1 […]; and (ii) ranked within the top 35% of all League players […]. Clubs that lose to other Clubs a greater number of CFAs than they sign or acquire from other Clubs shall be eligible to receive a Compensatory Draft Selection in the College Draft to be held in the following League Year subject to the provisions set forth below."
200w.gif ?cid=6c09b952wg6sfqdjxnvs5je7mzeyeg4bcpxai5rrqp3aeidw&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w. gif&ct=g

Barry seems to be hinting at us chasing big name WR free agents, but there really aren’t any big name WR free agents.

The only guys that really move the needle are Mike Williams and Michael Thomas, and I can’t see us paying Mike Williams.

Michael Thomas would make a lot of sense for both sides but how much could he cost? He’s barely played in three years.

After a certain date even normal free agents don’t count against comp formula. Think it’s like a month after free agency starts.

June 1st.

Edit: I believe that used to be the date. But the Tuesday after the draft is correct. @vagrantprodigy is correct, or closer than I was. Last year was May 2nd.

Monday after the draft if I'm not mistaken. We've still got quite some time before that.

Last edited:

same, I think we are killing it, still need some more, safety/oline/wr but draft is still ahead so psyched. The best part is we aren't in cap hell this or next year so a job well done. Just don't take any projects with first couple of picks and we are sitting pretty.

Back
Top Bottom