A Big Player Inbound? - $ Suddenly Freed Up Via Restructure of Chubb | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Big Player Inbound? - $ Suddenly Freed Up Via Restructure of Chubb

:shoo:

Good thing Deebo likes to carry the ball, too.

In all seriousness, Deebo would bring a completely different element to the offense than both Waddle and Cheetah. Which is the entire point of doing something like that.

The Dolphins need a "proven" bigger receiver to compliment those guys. Further, Deebo's physicality and "can't tackle me" skill set is yet another element the Dolphins don't really possess.

Trying to contain the Dolphins speed is one thing, but then to be able to mix in the brutal physicality someone like Deebo brings to the table? Good luck with that.

As stated above, Deebo gets a fair share of carries in SF's offense, and I'm sure the same would apply here in Miami. Mike McD is very creative and I'm sure he can figure out how to distribute the ball well enough (via the ground and air) to properly utilize all those guys.

His salary is at 23 million a year

I hate to be this guy, because I'm all for adding as many superstars as you can but I don't understand adding Deebo. There's only one football. Someone is gonna be left out

Well at one point in time late last year both Hill and Waddle were either out or hobbled and our offense had to rely on Wilson, Berrios, Smythe...and that didn't go well....so im guessing they are going to spread the ball around more and rotate to prevent burn out towards the end of the season...

I'm not entirely sure we are reaching for anything, we have a lot of contracts to pay for already. If we see Hill restructured that would be the sign.
I think the chances may be slim for the team to redo Hill's contract mainly because he's a powder keg ready to erupt at any time. Personally I think it's two more years and Done

Hey man, the salary cap ain’t my concern. Lol. Just talking talent and fit.

@Martel13 did stipulate that it was a “fantasyland” question, afterall. ;)
Nothing wrong with that brother, that’s what the off-season is about. Not to mention that with Grier at the Helm anything is possible.

I'd say it's the opposite, and they are making space with Chubb so they don't have to give in to Tua's agent to clear space.
Could it be they are playing "hardball" with Tua, much like they did with CW and Hunt? This is our offer. Take it or don't?

The reality is, and I've thought this from the beginning, that Tua isn't going to get a top 5 contract on the open market. Why would we give him one? We (the Phins) have all the leverage here. One more substantial injury and Tua's value would, if not plummet, at least decrease. Tua would be taking a far bigger risk than, say, Wilkins did.

Grier is fighting for his job, and regardless of what some people think we are in win now mode. He’s got his eye on someone, just a matter of time if it happens or not. Fun, time to be a fin fan. Not sure we would give up a second for Jennings, but if so, John Lynch can turn **** into gold if given the opportunity.
Dumbest post of the month.

Grier is fighting for his job, and regardless of what some people think we are in win now mode. He’s got his eye on someone, just a matter of time if it happens or not. Fun, time to be a fin fan. Not sure we would give up a second for Jennings, but if so, John Lynch can turn **** into gold if given the opportunity.
What leads you to believe Grier is fighting for his job?

That sounds like more of a wish on your, and many other's parts, than an idea that has any actual evidence.

It’s not unreasonable to think Grier is fighting for the right to continue being the GM.

What reason would there be to keep him if they go 10-7 and lose in the wild card round again?
Some children just get their panties in a bunch by a sentence. I personally think he has a lifetime contract as long as Ross is here, but my point was he, as is every GM and every CEO and manager is always fighting to stay in their job. Is he going to lose it this year of course not. But after new ownership 10+ years of not winning anything I’d say it’s on his mind.

He has done a good job with our cap situation, finding and providing the team with great talent draft day isn’t one of his best days in my opinion.

Lastly, my main point was that nothing would surprise me in free agency. He definitely has the nuts to make big moves.

What leads you to believe Grier is fighting for his job?

That sounds like more of a wish on your, and many other's parts, than an idea that has any actual evidence.
Reading too much into it, general statement that pertains to almost every GM. Not winning anything in nine years has to peak eventually but I personally believe he is safe as long as Ross owns the team probably for another nine years and that may be good may be bad, certainly not my call. Also, I don’t think he has done a bad job really but bottom line is if we don’t win with this roster over the next couple of years a complete overhaul should probably occur, but that’s for another chapter.

It’s not unreasonable to think Grier is fighting for the right to continue being the GM.

What reason would there be to keep him if they go 10-7 and lose in the wild card round again?
I'll just say this. It doesn't matter one bit what any of us think. It only matters what Ross thinks. Not saying it's the bar to shoot for, but three consecutive winning seasons and three playoff berths is a hell of a lot better than anything we have accomplished since long before Ross bought the team.

Look at it from a business perspective. This team makes buttloads of money. As long as they are competitive, they will continue to do so. Blowing it up would not help profitability.

Reading too much into it, general statement that pertains to almost every GM. Not winning anything in nine years has to peak eventually but I personally believe he is safe as long as Ross owns the team probably for another nine years and that may be good may be bad, certainly not my call. Also, I don’t think he has done a bad job really but bottom line is if we don’t win with this roster over the next couple of years a complete overhaul should probably occur, but that’s for another chapter.
Reading too much into it? You used it as a specific premise as to why we are in "win now" mode, and that is the reason he has his eye on someone.

If "fighting for his job" applies to all GMs, it's kind of a pointless statement, isn't it"?

Back
Top Bottom