A Big Player Inbound? - $ Suddenly Freed Up Via Restructure of Chubb | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Big Player Inbound? - $ Suddenly Freed Up Via Restructure of Chubb

Some children just get their panties in a bunch by a sentence. I personally think he has a lifetime contract as long as Ross is here, but my point was he, as is every GM and every CEO and manager is always fighting to stay in their job. Is he going to lose it this year of course not. But after new ownership 10+ years of not winning anything I’d say it’s on his mind.

He has done a good job with our cap situation, finding and providing the team with great talent draft day isn’t one of his best days in my opinion.

Lastly, my main point was that nothing would surprise me in free agency. He definitely has the nuts to make big moves.
I don't think anyone's panties are in a bunch. Actually, I wear boxers.

Just responding to a statement made. From now on I'll just assume you are just posting generalities to be posting with no real thought or point behind it.

I'll just say this. It doesn't matter one bit what any of us think. It only matters what Ross thinks. Not saying it's the bar to shoot for, but three consecutive winning seasons and three playoff berths is a hell of a lot better than anything we have accomplished since long before Ross bought the team.

Look at it from a business perspective. This team makes buttloads of money. As long as they are competitive, they will continue to do so. Blowing it up would not help profitability.
Hey, to be honest, these last couple seasons have been the most fun as a fan I’ve had in years. Look at the excitement that some of us are having in the third week of March. I expect more intensity draft time and a hell of a lot to look forward to When the season starts. I’m not complaining, but I sure wish we’d win.

I don't think anyone's panties are in a bunch. Actually, I wear boxers.

Just responding to a statement made. From now on I'll just assume you are just posting generalities to be posting with no real thought or point behind it.
You don’t need to assume anything. I reread the line and I see how it could be taken that Grier is on the hot seat. so no biggie. I personally don’t hate on Grier, Ross or McDaniel to be honest. I’m having the most fun I’ve had in more years than most on this board have been alive.

Hey, to be honest, these last couple seasons have been the most fun as a fan I’ve had in years. Look at the excitement that some of us are having in the third week of March. I expect more intensity draft time and a hell of a lot to look forward to When the season starts. I’m not complaining, but I sure wish we’d win.
And that drives ticket sales, concessions, ancillaries, etc.

We were, arguably, the most exciting and talked about team in the league the first half of last year until injuries hit and the wheels fell off.

And that drives ticket sales, concessions, ancillaries, etc.

We were, arguably, the most exciting and talked about team in the league the first half of last year until injuries hit and the wheels fell off.
For sure, it’s been a hell of a ride. It hasn’t been this much fun since Ricky Williams was tearing it up. We’re so close to an AFC championship I can damn near taste it. Just have to start winning our division consistently and get some home field.

I'll just say this. It doesn't matter one bit what any of us think. It only matters what Ross thinks. Not saying it's the bar to shoot for, but three consecutive winning seasons and three playoff berths is a hell of a lot better than anything we have accomplished since long before Ross bought the team.

Look at it from a business perspective. This team makes buttloads of money. As long as they are competitive, they will continue to do so. Blowing it up would not help profitability.

Ya but the natives are getting restless. With the extra playoff team now, it’s not a major accomplishment if after 3 seasons you haven’t made any headway.

When you’ve spent this kind of money, you need results, this isn’t a team that built the roster methodically, it’s a team that’s gone all in twice.

Ross needs to make money almost as much I don’t need to make money.

10-7 and a WC loss wouldn’t be something anyone of us would brag about considering how much they’ve borrowed from future caps.

Doug Pederson got fired 3 years after winning a Super Bowl in Philly. Circumstances are always evolving in the NFL.

Now I’ll say this, I believe we’ve put together a formidable roster……but I always believe we’re winning the Super Bowl.

Some children just get their panties in a bunch by a sentence. I personally think he has a lifetime contract as long as Ross is here, but my point was he, as is every GM and every CEO and manager is always fighting to stay in their job. Is he going to lose it this year of course not. But after new ownership 10+ years of not winning anything I’d say it’s on his mind.

He has done a good job with our cap situation, finding and providing the team with great talent draft day isn’t one of his best days in my opinion.

Lastly, my main point was that nothing would surprise me in free agency. He definitely has the nuts to make big moves.

Why would anyone have a lifetime contract? I struggle to understand how anyone believes that.

Why would anyone have a lifetime contract? I struggle to understand how anyone believes that.
Joking, just saying he seems to be a survivor which is probably a good thing although the next couple of years will be telling

Need to keep in mind we need a lot of cap next year too. Next year we can’t lose those players. We’re fixing the cap situation and loading up on picks again. The guys we signed likely will only be here for a year or two. I wouldn’t expect a huge signing or trade at this point

It will be a tough pill to swallow but if we want him you have to pay
I've said many times, I don't see the value in high paid safeties...

Holland is a good, not great safety. I'm pretty sure that we will sign him, but honestly... I think it's an iffy decision.

I've said many times, I don't see the value in high paid safeties...

Holland is a good, not great safety. I'm pretty sure that we will sign him, but honestly... I think it's an iffy decision.
It’s best to try to do it early because salaries are insane and it doesn’t look like it’s gonna settle down next year. I think. Wilkins made six or seven more than what we gradually offered so his gamble paid off.

Back
Top Bottom