A case for Robert Griffin III | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A case for Robert Griffin III

If Cam Newton was coming out of college this season I would have taken RG3 over Cam EASILY in the upcoming draft too. If they all come out this could be one of the best QB drafts in a Long time.

I like RG3 a lot, In my opinion I think he'll probably go 3rd off the board after Luck and Barkley.. wouldn't mind him at all if we somehow land at around the 7-10 slots.. Landry Jones reminds me of like.. Kerry Collins.. or Testaverde.. just my opinion..

I digress.. Cam Newton is heads and shoulders above RG3.. in probably all physical aspects.. have you seen him play this year? He's probably already a top 5 quarterback in the league. Unbelievable rookie season.

Alot of fans see an athletic QB and automatically default to Vick, Young etc. From what I've seen from RG III he looks very accurate. The thought of having a QB that fast who is already smart and accurate sounds very intriguing, although I still want Luck of course.

Griffin runs that spread/option that Meyers ran at UF and that scares me. It inflates the stats and may obscure his ability. I like the fact that Robert graduated in three yrs. To me, that shows that he has intellectual ability and shows a maturity coming into the league. I would not take him at the upper end of the draft, that is just me and it maybe a mistake. I think he is a very good athlete and he has rallied his team, but throwing in the NFL and throwing in the NCAA are two different beast. Some transition smoothly, but there are alot of great QBs in college that tank in the Pros, but you can say that about alot of players other than QBs. But since this is a position that is going to be so critical to our team in the draft, we have to negate the risk as much as possible. I just think the risk reward is lower on other players. JMHO.:)

hard to really evaluate Griffin. not a lot of what he does will work in the NFL IMO. that said, he does have talent and is a smart kid. with the right coach, i think he can be successful. but that won't be until 2 or 3 years down the road IMO.

Alot of fans see an athletic QB and automatically default to Vick, Young etc. From what I've seen from RG III he looks very accurate. The thought of having a QB that fast who is already smart and accurate sounds very intriguing, although I still want Luck of course.

His throwing motion and size scare me. He places the ball well, but everything from the way he stands in the pocket to the way he releases the ball just makes me say, "I don't know if this is an NFL QB." Can he be? Sure. There are a lot of things to like, but I wouldn't feel confident saying, "This is the franchise."

His throwing motion and size scare me. He places the ball well, but everything from the way he stands in the pocket to the way he releases the ball just makes me say, "I don't know if this is an NFL QB." Can he be? Sure. There are a lot of things to like, but I wouldn't feel confident saying, "This is the franchise."

that's not the type of prospect he is, IMO. you may end up getting a very good QB out of him, but not right out of the gate

Yeah, I agree, and that's the point. I want a FRANCHISE QB (like in all caps). I don't want a guy who might become something.

i think there are three QB's in the draft who will come in and start immediately: Luck, Barkley and Weeden. there's a few who can be developped, but need time like Griffin and Tannehill etc. me too, i want a QB who has the tools and the talent to beat out Matt Moore right away.

i think there are three QB's in the draft who will come in and start immediately: Luck, Barkley and Weeden. there's a few who can be developped, but need time like Griffin and Tannehill etc. me too, i want a QB who has the tools and the talent to beat out Matt Moore right away.
I couldnt agree more with this statement.

am I reading correct 71 sacks If he RGIII played 4 full seasons he would be close to 100 sacks

because I'm ignorant and have not much info on this guy.. how many seasons did he play... for some reason I get the impression he is like a brad banks from Iowa a few years back.

Ok, I'll bite on this one. What is wrong with his throwing motion and size? Sometimes I really think you guys reach and look for things that aren't there when you just initially don't like a guy off the bat.

I don't know if he'll end up being a good pro quarterback or not, but he is a tough one to judge simply because he doesn't thrown many NFL type passes. I like his deep ball, but other than that his throws are mostly screens and short passes that are essentially an extension of the running game. Sounds like he's a smart guy, though, with the intangibles to work with.

Hahaha to people hating on RGIII same people that hate him were hating on Cam! my top 3 QB's Luck,Jones,RGIII... Heck no to Barkley. USC QB=BUST!

I don't know if he'll end up being a good pro quarterback or not, but he is a tough one to judge simply because he doesn't thrown many NFL type passes. I like his deep ball, but other than that his throws are mostly screens and short passes that are essentially an extension of the running game. Sounds like he's a smart guy, though, with the intangibles to work with.

agreed. not a lot of what he does translates to the NFL. he runs a one-read offense in Baylor, and since his first read (Kendall Wright) is just tearing apart DB's this year, Griffin's numbers look spectacular. whenever his first read isn't open, Griffin tucks it in and runs. similar to what Tebow does in Denver. but Tebow is a 245 lbs guy. Griffin is listed as 220, but he doesn't look it.

i have to say though, Griffin has an uncanny ability to improvise when the play breaks down. he doesn't make a lot of negative plays.

Ok, I'll bite on this one. What is wrong with his throwing motion and size? Sometimes I really think you guys reach and look for things that aren't there when you just initially don't like a guy off the bat.

Not smooth or over-the-top. I think it's silly to compare him as a prospect to V. Young (he's smarter and smaller than Young), but his throwing motion reminds me of V. Young's. I think he's too thin, and he looks about 6'2. 6'2 with that throwing motion bothers me. But I don't think he can stay healthy in the NFL - especially if he's inclined to use his legs.

Back
Top Bottom