A changing of the guard...miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A changing of the guard...miami

Dolphinator530

Club Member
Reaction score
Really do feel like this was one of the most important offseasons in the last 20 years for this franchise and whether you agree with the moves or not this front office has been very proactive in flipping over the roster adding young hungry team first high character guys.

Here is a breakdown of players brought in during this off-season and their position group. I am including undrafted free agents

QB:
Tua

RB:
Jordan Howard
Matt Berida

WR:
Kirk Merritt
Matt Cole
Malcolm Perry

TE:
Bryce Sterk

OL:
Ereck Flowers
Austin Jackson
Robert Hunt
Ted Karras
Solomon Kindley
Donell Stanley
Nick Kaltmeyer

DL:
Emmanuel Ogbah
Shaw Lawson
Raekwon Davis
Jason Strowbridge
Curtis Weaver
Benito Jones
Tyshun Redner
Ray Lima

LB:
Kyle Van Noy
Kanu Grugier-Hill
Elandon Roberts
Kylan Johnson

DB:
Byron Jones
Noah Igbinoghene
Brandon Jones
Clayton Fejedelem
Adrian Colbert

31 new players, now not every player on this list will be making the roster but with 53 man rosters and 9 PS guys you could see nearly half of the roster would have been added this off season alone.

I know the roster was atrocious this past year but some gems were found and young guys developed. But this is I feel nearly unprecedented.

Exciting times for sure, welcome all the new players your talent and skill is most certainly welcome in Miami!

Last edited:
We could easily have 22-23 or so new players on the 53. That’s expected considering how barren that roster was last year. Next year, we will still have cap space and 9 draft picks. The additions next year should still be substantial (maybe 15) but at that point we could have a legit roster.

We could easily have 22-23 or so new players on the 53. That’s expected considering how barren that roster was last year. Next year, we will still have cap space and 9 draft picks. The additions next year should still be substantial (maybe 15) but at that point we could have a legit roster.
If they hit on half these picks yes. If they don’t, this could be a yearly trend till they get it right.

A lot on the oline depends on how these drafted players pan out. There is a lot of criticism the phins reached on them.

I believe the rosters have been expanded to 55 and 12 Practice Squad players in 2020 under the new CBA.
In 2021 the PS goes up to 14 players.

There are bonafide stars in this list. B Jones, van noy. Pro bowl potential, Breida, Lawson, Ogbah. Not to mention the SUPERSTAR my man TUA. Talk to me in 2 years when we are already contending for the AFC (not just the afc east).

They need Robert hunt to be a plus player at right guard. If he is than this class gets a serious boost.

Right tackle won’t last long if Miami tries it.

I hope these olineman are real cause those dlineman were.

Really do feel like this was one of the most important offseasons in the last 20 years for this franchise and whether you agree with the movies or not this front office has been very proactive in flipping over the roster adding young hungry team first high character guys.

Here is a breakdown of players simply brought in during this off-season and their position group. I am including undrafted free agents

QB:
Tua

RB:
Jordan Howard
Matt Berida

WR:
Kirk Merritt
Matt Cole
Malcolm Perry

TE:
Bryce Sterk

OL:
Ereck Flowers
Austin Jackson
Robert Hunt
Ted Karras
Solomon Kindley
Donell Stanley
Nick Kaltmeyer

DL:
Emmanuel Ogbah
Shaw Lawson
Raekwon Davis
Jason Strowbridge
Curtis Weaver
Benito Jones
Tyshun Redner
Ray Lima

LB:
Kyle Van Noy
Kanu Grugier-Hill
Elandon Roberts
Kylan Johnso

DB:
Byron Jones
Noah Igbinoghene
Brandon Jones
Clayton Fejedelem
Adr

31 new players, now not every player on this list will be making the roster but with 53 man rosters and 9 PS guys you could see nearly half of the roster would have been added this off season alone.

I know the roster was atrocious this past year but some gems were found and young guys developed. But this is I feel nearly unprecedented.

Exciting times for sure, welcome all the new players your talent and skill is most certainly welcome in Miami!
Yeah ... it was a sea-change. We get those just about every year there is a new head coach, but its rare to have the amount of draft capital and salary cap room that we had this year. This was an even bigger basket of resources than the infamous Jeff Ireland "Picks and Money" offseason. Fingers crossed it turns out better.

Really do feel like this was one of the most important offseasons in the last 20 years for this franchise and whether you agree with the moves or not this front office has been very proactive in flipping over the roster adding young hungry team first high character guys.

Here is a breakdown of players brought in during this off-season and their position group. I am including undrafted free agents

QB:
Tua

RB:
Jordan Howard
Matt Berida

WR:
Kirk Merritt
Matt Cole
Malcolm Perry

TE:
Bryce Sterk

OL:
Ereck Flowers
Austin Jackson
Robert Hunt
Ted Karras
Solomon Kindley
Donell Stanley
Nick Kaltmeyer

DL:
Emmanuel Ogbah
Shaw Lawson
Raekwon Davis
Jason Strowbridge
Curtis Weaver
Benito Jones
Tyshun Redner
Ray Lima

LB:
Kyle Van Noy
Kanu Grugier-Hill
Elandon Roberts
Kylan Johnson

DB:
Byron Jones
Noah Igbinoghene
Brandon Jones
Clayton Fejedelem
Adr

Great post/list. You forgot one name. Michael Roberts, former lions TE we signed before free agency period.
Im most excited about the total rebuild to the trenches. I know Oline isn’t the most exciting thing to most, but if those guys work out on the lines, it opens so much for the offense.

Love the potential overhaul in the trenches.

Guys like Weaver and Benito Jones to me are day 3 picks/FA that can play a role on this team.

Definitely hope TC starts on time.

They need Robert hunt to be a plus player at right guard. If he is than this class gets a serious boost.

Right tackle won’t last long if Miami tries it.

I agree, watching his tape and his style; don’t overthink it just put him at guard and let him work.

Think you will see an uptick from Davis if you move Hunt to guard, just my opinion. He won’t be some pro bowler but he will be better with a competent guard to his left.

Great post/list. You forgot one name. Michael Roberts, former lions TE we signed before free agency period.
Im most excited about the total rebuild to the trenches. I know Oline isn’t the most exciting thing to most, but if those guys work out on the lines, it opens so much for the offense.

Even stud skill players need a good line as a foundation. Todd Gurley was fighting his ass off his rookie year to get 3ypc. In comes McVay and he gets 3 new linemen and Gurley is an all pro. Zeke’s first season was behind the Great Wall of Dallas 2.0.

Not saying that at one point a great back won’t be cool but a good line can make most anyone productive and turns avg WR into players because they have 5 seconds to get open.

Back
Top Bottom