A Comparison No One Wants To Make... Qb 17/18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Comparison No One Wants To Make... Qb 17/18

E30M3

///Member
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
So after watching the season slide towards a repeat of last season at 6-10, it made me wonder what Tannehill's numbers are this year compared to Jay Cutler's of last year, the results are kind of surprising. At least in a five week sample.

* With the bye week first last season, I just shifted the weeks down 1.

It looks like there were a significant amount of passing attempts last year while the percentage of completions is still roughly the same. More TD's from Tannehill, but with more ball turnovers (surprised me too).

So that season we had last year that everyone wanted to forget, well it rears its ugly head again and this time there is no Jay Cutler to blame. It's almost as if you could have substituted Jay Cutler in for the first five weeks and had the exact same results.

Welcome thoughts!

Att/Comp | Yards | TD/INT/FUM Lost

Week One
JC (Chargers - Win): 24/33 230 1/0/1
RT (Titans - Win): 20/28 230 2/2/0

Week Two
JC (Jets - Loss): 26/44 220 1/1/0
RT (Jets - Win): 17/23 168 2/0/1

Week Three
JC (Saints - Loss): 20/28 164 0/1/0
RT (Raiders - Win): 17/23 289 3/0/0

Week Four
JC (Titans - Win): 12/26 92 1/1/0
RT (Patriots - Loss): 11/20 100 0/1/1

Week Five
JC (Falcons - Win): 19/33 151 2/1/0
RT (Bengals - Loss): 20/35 185 1/2/1

Totals:

JC (3/2): 101/164 857 5/4/0 (61% Completion)
RT (3/2): 85/129 972 8/5/2 (65% Completion)

I tried to do the comparison likewise between Brock and JC for the following weeks, but Cutler kept getting injured and missing games, so it isnt a valid sample.

Welcome thoughts!

You can find almost any small sampling to fit the narrative you wish to convey, no matter what that narrative may be.

That's about the extent of my thoughts on this.

dolphins need find qb. it take 3yr know if guy is ur qb anything else ur wasting time. lt not that I am hating on thill17. his skill is not going help dolphins. thill17 will still be in nfl.

You can find almost any small sampling to fit the narrative you wish to convey, no matter what that narrative may be.

That's about the extent of my thoughts on this.

I sampled what I could between 2017 and 2018. Tannehill was out after week 5. Not sure what sampling you would prefer I use.

I sampled what I could between 2017 and 2018. Tannehill was out after week 5. Not sure what sampling you would prefer I use.
He’s saying you can’t just cherry pick stats to fit a narrative.

Well, you can I guess but it just doesn’t do much good

Football gods must hate us. We are cursed. Punishing us for wasting Dan Marino's years. Haven't had a decent qb since then. We just cant have nice things.

Well that's my point. Not sure what I cherry picked.

I think the point is that you picked game by game results from different seasons, against different opponents, with different players, that ran different defensive schemes, and the gameflow may not have been the same.

Back
Top Bottom