"A Different Side of Jeff Ireland" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"A Different Side of Jeff Ireland"

LDaniel7, thank you for your clarification.

If you have followed my history of posts you know I am one of the most anti-Jeff Ireland posters on the board. Having said that, I applaud and fully support his efforts to make things better for autistic kids. He is to be commended and praised for his work improving the lives of these special children.

you're all missing the big picture. we don't know who reads this or passes the information to others. bullies/degenerates could potentially use the "travesty of life" to ridicule and demean innocent children. every post regarding children (including this one) should be deleted and i'm kinda ashamed and disturbed that necessity didn't occur to me before now.

I would expect his football decisions to be a bit better after reading how much family time he misses out on. I'd be scared to think what he did if he didn't devote so much time to Football.....

LDaniel7, thank you for your clarification.

If you have followed my history of posts you know I am one of the most anti-Jeff Ireland posters on the board. Having said that, I applaud and fully support his efforts to make things better for autistic kids. He is to be commended and praised for his work improving the lives of these special children.

I totally agree that Ireland is to be appreciated for his efforts, and the article is very human. Ireland is obviously a good man and good father.

LD

One's negative opinion of Ireland can only be formed by his actions as GM of the dolphins because none of us know him personally. I applaud any good deeds he does for any real cause but if we cant have a winning season this year I want him to do these things for another organization

Nice picture of the family. Props to Jeff as a father and husband.

There isn't anything in this world that means more to me as a father than my son. If Jeff Ireland told me anything different as a father I would lose respect for the man but since his answer is as clear as mine I applaud the man for being a real man to his family.

You see, a real man goes to work every day no matter what the task at hand and does the best job he can but he knows in his heart that even when doing that job his family is his most important thing he will ever have in his life and a lot of times when the criticism piles on or the job didn't go as plan his family is right there to show him it wasn't for nothing.

I did not intend to slight an autistic kid and I am truly sorry that my post was taken in that manner.

I grew up w. physically challenged family member and I am chagrined that people took my post in that manner, and missed all the intention.

And since you took it personally, I apologize to you personally, Dubz.

I'd be glad to meet any man face to face but not over this. And not when I am being taken to cut on autistic kids -- because I wouldn't do that for any amount of money or point-making.

LD

The brunt of my post wasn't actually pointed or directed at you. I accepted the apology, as tasteless as your joke was. I seen a post by another poster show up, about messing w/ teenage autistic GIRLS. It was crude and just plain wrong. I rarely get that worked up.

My nephew is like my own. I would die for that little boy. I see the innocents in his eyes, some thing pure and natural. He is a absolute gift. As I'm sure all parents and family members feel of their loved one's with special needs.

Thank you for the time and effort for taking back such a crude attempt at humor.

Enough with the personal attacks already.

Just stop!

*grumble, grumble - damn people ignoring TOS*

Don't make me come back in here. :oldman:

Back
Top Bottom