A different take on last nights game which is odd to me | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A different take on last nights game which is odd to me

Kyndig

Seasoned Veteran
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Reading all of the armchair QBs assessment of our coaches and teams performance from last nights game has been quite surprising to me, so much so I wondered if I had watched the same game as everyone else.

Last nights game could’ve gone either way. One can point to any number of things that had they turned out differently could’ve changed the result for us. For example:

-Our WR’s had a couple of drops that would’ve changed the game. One would’ve probably gone for a touchdown, another was a critical 1st down conversion.
-There were some awful calls that really changed the outcome of the game. Intentional grounding on Josh Allen should’ve been called and several others
-Our defense was not good. We couldn’t stop them when it mattered.
-Josh Allen was the difference, specifically his designed runs.

What about McDaniel? McDaniel has only been the best coach we’ve had here since Don Shula and it’s not even close although I give Jimmy Johnson more respect for the defense he built here so many years ago than many people.

McDaniel made some adjustments in his game plan from last week and we were super successful running it. That is a good defense that our backs + Tua put up 188 yards against. A successful day running the football by any measurement. Raheem Mostert was averaging 8 yards per carry. Everyone was wondering if we could do that in the cold, if McDaniel could make that happen and he did.

The only criticism is did we abandon it too quickly in the 4th Quarter? Maybe. There were a couple of short yardage situations that would have been good to try running. Did the Bills adapt their game plan and put 8/9 guys in the box and sprinkle in some run blitzes in the 4th quarter? Yeah they did, but is that why we lost the game? Mcdaniel‘s coaching is not the reason we lost this game. We put up 29 points and had a very solid Offensive game plan against one of the best teams in the NFL in their home stadium in the cold and in the snow.

McDaniel has really developed our Offensive Line, Tua, our passing game, our running game, and is one of the principal reasons we can still make the playoffs and be a dangerous out no matter who we play. To hear people compare him to Adam freaking Gase? I mean honestly what the hell is wrong with some of you people?

It’s amazing to me to see how fast people turn on him. I get it last week vs the Chargers, that loss I would put squarely on him. Last night? Clearly he adjusted. That game was so close, a couple of balls or calls bounce or go a bit differently and we could’ve easily won that one, it was that close of a game. This season? He has been amazing, and despite being a rookie head coach we are still 8-6, in the playoff hunt, and have one of the most dangerous offenses in the entire NFL. We play the rest of our games like we did last night on Offense at least and we’ll win out because we have one of the most explosive and diverse offenses in the entire NFL. We can beat you passing short, passing deep, running, we can do it all on offense.

When’s that last time you could say that you ungrateful turds? Is he perfect? No, he’s still a rookie NFL head coach, but I see a coach who’s learning and adapting, and who no doubt is respected by the opposite sideline no matter who he’ coaching against. I just had to get that off of my chest…

Good post. The frustration is high because we never win in Buffalo and it was there for the taking. The second Allen fumble looked like Roberts had a shot to jump on it. He stood around doing his usual nothing. Could have won the game for us. McDaniel is a good coach. Let’s see how we finish

Reading all of the armchair QBs assessment of our coaches and teams performance from last nights game has been quite surprising to me, so much so I wondered if I had watched the same game as everyone else.
Really?

I think we are trending in the right direction. We almost beat the Bills in Buffalo, in December, in a snowstorm. Two years ago we lost 56-26 which might as well have been 56-0 if you remember that game.

Really?

I think we are trending in the right direction. We almost beat the Bills in Buffalo, in December, in a snowstorm. Two years ago we lost 56-26 which might as well have been 56-0 if you remember that game.
Yes, that’s what I’m saying. I’m saying I’m surprised by all of the doom and gloom assessments of our fan base on this message board despite a pretty good performance and game plan last night.

Yes, that’s what I’m saying. I’m saying I’m surprised by all of the doom and gloom assessments of our fan base on this message board despite a pretty good performance and game plan last night.
I would say I'm surprised by it, but that would be a lie. There are a lot of fairweather fans around here.

Last nights game could’ve gone either way. One can point to any number of things that had they turned out differently could’ve changed the result for us. For example:

-Our WR’s had a couple of drops that would’ve changed the game. One would’ve probably gone for a touchdown, another was a critical 1st down conversion.
-There were some awful calls that really changed the outcome of the game. Intentional grounding on Josh Allen should’ve been called and several others

What about McDaniel? McDaniel has only been the best coach we’ve had here since Don Shula and it’s not even close although I give Jimmy Johnson more respect for the defense he built here so many years ago than many people.

McDaniel made some adjustments in his game plan from last week and we were super successful running it. That is a good defense that our backs + Tua put up 188 yards against. A successful day running the football by any measurement. Raheem Mostert was averaging 8 yards per carry. Everyone was wondering if we could do that in the cold, if McDaniel could make that happen and he did.

The only criticism is did we abandon it too quickly in the 4th Quarter? Maybe. There were a couple of short yardage situations that would have been good to try running. Did the Bills adapt their game plan and put 8/9 guys in the box and sprinkle in some run blitzes in the 4th quarter? Yeah they did, but is that why we lost the game? Mcdaniel‘s coaching is not the reason we lost this game. We put up 29 points and had a very solid Offensive game plan against one of the best teams in the NFL in their home stadium in the cold and in the snow.

McDaniel has really developed our Offensive Line, Tua, our passing game, our running game, and is one of the principal reasons we can still make the playoffs and be a dangerous out no matter who we play. To hear people compare him to Adam freaking Gase? I mean honestly what the hell is wrong with some of you people?

It’s amazing to me to see how fast people turn on him. I get it last week vs the Chargers, that loss I would put squarely on him. Last night? Clearly he adjusted. That game was so close, a couple of balls or calls bounce or go a bit differently and we could’ve easily won that one, it was that close of a game. This season? He has been amazing, and despite being a rookie head coach we are still 8-6, in the playoff hunt, and have one of the most dangerous offenses in the entire NFL. We play the rest of our games like we did last night on Offense at least and we’ll win out because we have one of the most explosive and diverse offenses in the entire NFL. We can beat you passing short, passing deep, running, we can do it all on offense.

When’s that last time you could say that you ungrateful turds? Is he perfect? No, he’s still a rookie NFL head coach, but I see a coach who’s learning and adapting, and who no doubt is respected by the opposite sideline no matter who he’ coaching against. I just had to get that off of my chest…
Amen

We lost for the 3rd week in a row. But hey we almost won. Its not good enough. Over 20 years of failure and not getting it done down the stretch and some fans wonder why other fans are complaining. There are no consolation prizes for losing by a little opposed to getting blown out. This team has earned all the criticism we can give. Win the last 3 and we are in the playoffs. Or dont win and enjoy an offseason of criticism. Tyreek having a historic season and were not even gonna make the playoffs.

We lost for the 3rd week in a row. But hey we almost won. Its not good enough. Over 20 years of failure and not getting it done down the stretch and some fans wonder why other fans are complaining. There are no consolation prizes for losing by a little opposed to getting blown out. This team has earned all the criticism we can give. Win the last 3 and we are in the playoffs. Or dont win and enjoy an offseason of criticism. Tyreek having a historic season and were not even gonna make the playoffs.
The past 20 years of failure have nothing to do with this season and we can still make the playoffs.

I would say I'm surprised by it, but that would be a lie. There are a lot of fairweather fans around here.
Some fairweather but others like me are tired of the same result… tease them still finish sitting at home for the playoffs. I admit, I am jaded, a pessimist but last nights game was well played. The Bills are very strong and we went toe to toe with them and frankly had a win in our grasps. Playoff teams win that one but let’s see us not fold and get the wc.

I think most fans dont understand how complicated and hard it is to blow out a team in the NFL. Most games are going to be within 1 score unless your team is ridiculously good or awful. The first game against buffalo came down to 1 or 2 seconds of possession. This game came down to the last possession.

Losing the game isn't fun, but you have to be happy that both Offense and Defense played really well. Buffalo is top 5 in offense and defense and both games this season have been absolute playoff-quality nailbiters. Miami's ceiling this year is playoff quality, whether they make it or not.

I think a lot of fans are just immature at the end of the day (regardless of their age) and want to throw a tantrum when their team loses, or gloat when they win. In reality, you could never watch your team another second for your entire life and they will not notice.

Haha
Armchair QBing lately Hahahaa

I find myself ripping into the fans who try and take positives from a loss but if I take a step back I think everyone's viewpoint has a lot to do with one's personality, how much they let the games get to them, whether or not they watch the game, and how long they've been a fan. So there's no right or wrong way to be a fan.

I think most fans dont understand how complicated and hard it is to blow out a team in the NFL. Most games are going to be within 1 score unless your team is ridiculously good or awful. The first game against buffalo came down to 1 or 2 seconds of possession. This game came down to the last possession.

Losing the game isn't fun, but you have to be happy that both Offense and Defense played really well. Buffalo is top 5 in offense and defense and both games this season have been absolute playoff-quality nailbiters. Miami's ceiling this year is playoff quality, whether they make it or not.

I think a lot of fans are just immature at the end of the day (regardless of their age) and want to throw a tantrum when their team loses, or gloat when they win. In reality, you could never watch your team another second for your entire life and they will not notice.
I don’t think anyone was looking for a blowout win
All I want is McD to learn from his dumb mistakes

Back
Top Bottom