A different take on last nights game which is odd to me | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A different take on last nights game which is odd to me

You are a playoff team. However your coach did cost you this game at the end. That needs to be discussed. The single 3rd and short you converted was a run and then never another Run.

To decide to stop running up 8 in the snow is another thing. Like he almost told himself awesome Snow. Not let me show the world it didn’t matter after hearing it all week. And went pass happy.
There was some negative there, but lots of positive coaching calls throughout the game that put is in a position to win it outweighed a couple of potentially questionable calls. How about that no call for intentional grounding? Or two dropped passes in the endzone by Dolphins receivers? Or a bull **** personal foul when our linebacker upon further review looked like he was actually trying to soften the blow going out of bounds, or a bull **** pass interference call, or any number of things That could‘ve gone our way but didn’t.

My point isn’t to blame the officials, or the receivers, or the coach. This game was so close, that a bounce or more sure handed catch or call that easily could’ve gone or way or not against us at least means we could’ve won this game. McDaniel definitely didn;t lose this game for us.

Yeah I guess there are some fair weather fans here but gimme a break with that **** a good portion of us are tired letting wins slip through the cracks because of coaching mistakes that are repeated every game
Totally understandable and I’ve been through it to. And I know you can’t believe it, but I truly believe it’s different now and winning competitive football games against good teams will be more common than uncommon. Tua will get better, and so will McDaniel.

Would we? Or in game 1 of those three games the defense lets us down. Or game 2 of those 3 games Tua misses badly. Or game 3 of those 3 games we kill ourselves with penalties.

Disagree all you’d like but it’s a fact that this team is never in stride. The one game we dominated, we sweated out an atrocious 2nd half.

So what will it be this Sunday? What Dolphins present are we unwrapping on Christmas? Can you tell me without a reasonable doubt? You can’t.
I'll just agree to disagree

I hear you brother, but Tua is the best QB we’ve had since Marino, he’s very good, and will only get better. We’ve got the best weapons at WR than we’ve ever had and that includes Duper & Clayton, and McDaniel is a legit Offensive guru. Whatever mistakes he’s made calling games, he’ll Learn from them. We haven’t had a top 5 offense is years, and this is sustainable. Our defense sucks and will be hamstrung by the Jones and X contracts for a few years, but as long as we can score points we’ll be a tough out…
I was extremely disgusted after the sf and LAC games. I thought I was once again falling for a successful team building. The showing at Buffalo and a strong finish will go along way. Unless fooled AGAIN, we should be on to something special. Just get a God damn LB

I was extremely disgusted after the sf and LAC games. I thought I was once again falling for a successful team building. The showing at Buffalo and a strong finish will go along way. Unless fooled AGAIN, we should be on to something special. Just get a God damn LB
Yeah man. We really do have a good offense that should be sustainable. Look at the improvement of our passing game, running game, Offensive Line, Tua’s development, explosive plays, points per game, etc. compared to any time in the past 24 years? It should be sustainable.. But I was also disgusted after the chargers & 49ers games.

Yeah man. We really do have a good offense that should be sustainable. Look at the improvement of our passing game, running game, Offensive Line, Tua’s development, explosive plays, points per game, etc. compared to any time in the past 24 years? It should be sustainable.. But I was also disgusted after the chargers & 49ers games.

I'm not putting faith in the run game after one good outing. I'm encouraged, but no faith

Some fairweather but others like me are tired of the same result… tease them still finish sitting at home for the playoffs. I admit, I am jaded, a pessimist but last nights game was well played. The Bills are very strong and we went toe to toe with them and frankly had a win in our grasps. Playoff teams win that one but let’s see us not fold and get the wc.
I just hope they come out the rest of the season and play like they did against Buffalo on Saturday Night. If they do that, they could go to the Super Bowl.

The past 20 years of failure have nothing to do with this season and we can still make the playoffs.
The last 20 years of failure have everything to do with this season. We have a sustained culture of failure, a culture of mediocrity, that pervades this organization. Our new coaching staff has to overcome and replace that with a culture of success, a culture of winning. It remains to be seen if they can make the transition in a single year.

The game sure defines the meaning of "Glass Half Full" or "Glass Half Empty" So many people like to build on our success in a negative way and say that because we are now becoming more competitive and starting to excel as an NFL team that we Should have won - that the Coach is holding us back - or this or that. The fact is that we are an ascending squad with a rookie Head Coach and we are going through the process of learning how to win the big, meaningful games...unlike the 7 game streak last year where we were beating subpar teams we are competing with the very best in the NFL and we are ****ing competitive! Grab some perspective people and ENJOY our ascent! So many before the game were complaining and predicting doom and gloom..."Same Old Dolphins" - "Oh, I've been through this for years and I don't know what I'm gonna do if we blow it again" - "I'm so depressed" - "I give up" Waa, Waa, Waa - cry me a river - what if we had won that close game - and nobody can say we did not have a really good opportunity to win that game - what would they say? Oh, that was lucky? Give me a break and get used to winning and by the way - show a little respect - its embarrasing... Go Dolphins!

The last 20 years of failure have everything to do with this season. We have a sustained culture of failure, a culture of mediocrity, that pervades this organization. Our new coaching staff has to overcome and replace that with a culture of success, a culture of winning. It remains to be seen if they can make the transition in a single year.
Meh. You have this culture as a fan, as all of us have experienced that. McDaniel doesn’t have that. Our offense looks like they are clicking again. I believe they will maintain that level of play and we’ll win out all 3 of our last games.

I dont think we can be sure about McDaniel. He is a first year coach still learning lots of things. There are some things he inherited and could not change and some things he changed for good. This is one of the most dinamic and fun offenses I have seen from a Dolphins team, when Tua is on target and the OL holds on. I would for sure give him at least another year and I hope he is tageting specific players to improve what has been already improved on offense. My frustration as of now has nothing to do with Tua, or McDaniel as they both have clearly improved our offense and both of them should continue to get better at their jobs. It is all about the defense not being able to stop good teams on crucial moments, the OL being very vulnerable and inconsistent, our special teams also very inconsistent, our running offense also very inconsistent and predictable, our players that where supossed to blossom not blossoming at all like Eichenberg, Jackson, Holland, Noah and Davis. I believe we can let go lots of them with little to no impact. We need to find good replacements and make room for new players. I would love to see what can another year of experience does to Tua and McDaniel. It is clear this year we are barely a playoff team, but not because of HC or Tua. We lack quality players on defense and quality players on the OL. And we have no money available to improve those until we get rid of our dead weight in Byron Jones, X, Ogbah, Gesiki, Cedric Wilson and Baker. I think if Needham and Trill Williams return on full health next season I would be all in on two New LBs, two New OL and a new TE. Also a new DC for sure. I think with those we could be contenders next season.

It's this 3 game losing run that is denting some of the hopes of some fans on here. There is this been there, seen it before mentality which is perfectly reasonable and almost expected. Winning the last 3 games is highly possible. I'm positive.

IMO That’s just foolish. The culture changed to a more competitive outfit When Flores and Grier took over. Flores flamed out, now we got another young first year coach to work with and things look markedly brighter. We knew coming in that there were hole in the roster even with the additions of Hill and Chubb. We win the first three against playoff caliber teams. We lose 4 defensive starters and everybody wants to fire everybody. Back to topic, you can’t look at last weeks game and say “This is the same ole DolphinS” because the old Phish would have been crushed in that environment.

I just hope they come out the rest of the season and play like they did against Buffalo on Saturday Night. If they do that, they could go to the Super Bowl.
a team that can stop the run as well as us, can run the ball like we did, score like we did, and have a dline that can rush the passer, has a chance to do damage

a team that can stop the run as well as us, can run the ball like we did, score like we did, and have a dline that can rush the passer, has a chance to do damage
You are exactly right. We can run the Ball, and stop the opposition RB, but QB runs, yuck 🤢.

Back
Top Bottom