A different thought on LB at #12.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A different thought on LB at #12....

I would love to trade down and then select Hughes.

I've got no problem with Hughes, he may actually be the better pick. I think Weatherspoon is probably the best pure coverage LB in the draft from what I've seen on tape (watch the Senior Bowl highlights esp.).

As for Weatherspoon, I heard one of the NFL network hosts just last night pick him for WOLB in a 3-4 'D', with the quote 'He'd be the PERFECT weakside OLB in a 3-4'. Obviously I'm not the only one who thinks he can play the position.

Which analyst was it? That way I can listen to his stuff in the future and know he thinks the opposite of myself. =)

Which analyst was it? That way I can listen to his stuff in the future and know he thinks the opposite of myself. =)

Nice. I don't remember which airhead said it, maybe Brando. It wasn't Gil Brandt, who is the only guy I trust without question.

I like Brandt...normally, I am a fan of people who shy away from making grandiose statements just to get the headlines.

With that said, I still do enjoy Mayock, as much for his attitude as anything else.

Back
Top Bottom