A funny comment about Ricky | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A funny comment about Ricky

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
The former Heisman Trophy winner played three seasons for New Orleans and considered retirement while with the Saints, coach Jim Haslett said.

"In 2001, Ricky came in my office and told me he was going to retire and play baseball," Haslett said. "I don't know if we talked him out of it. We told him he wasn't a very good baseball player -- maybe that did it." :roflmao:

:lol:

Hazlett couldn't stand him. Now I see why. Looks like NO got the best of that deal.

Cannonboy said:
You got that right. The fins got hooked, lined and cooked.
Yup, but you have to make that move two years ago. You just have to.

I know, I thought he was the last piece of the puzzle for the super bowl run. Boy was I wrong.

He might very well have been. The only problem was the missing piece behind center!! :lol:

Plain and simple , Ricky is just messed up. I think he feels a need to keep moving away from people, or a team, and not getting close to them, or feeling he doesnt fit in their or something. I knew someone like this, and I swear, Rickys actions remind me SO MUCH of the way this guy I knew was.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Are we still talking about Ricky?
Unfortunately, I think this is going to continue until we win a few.

I know it's tough to sit through all the threads about it, but they are declining. I am just not responding to them. Well, with the exception of this one, just to let you know we should ignore them. :D

It's tough to get the message out, without bumping one of them. *sigh* :evil:

Well I am not surprised.Actually I quite admire Mueller for getting two No 1 picks from us for their wacko star.Maybe Wayne needs to take another look at Mueller for GM if the Fins go belly up this season.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Are we still talking about Ricky?
Im getting tired of the ricky threads, the NFL is not only a game, its a buisness. What ricky did was a buisness decision, leave him alone, can you blame him for wanting to leave after how bad our o-line did last year??? he was simply getting tortured

CrunchTime said:
Well I am not surprised.Actually I quite admire Mueller for getting two No 1 picks from us for their wacko star.Maybe Wayne needs to take another look at Mueller for GM if the Fins go belly up this season.
Yes, Rick consummated the deal. But at that time Wanny had the say in player personnel. Rick has done a great job this year, with the exception of the knee jerk reaction at QB, but you never know he might work out. Cut Rick come slack this is his first year and he's doing a damn fine job as far as the drafts are concerned.

JMHO[font=&quot][/font][font=&quot][/font]

Dolfan99 said:
Im getting tired of the ricky threads, the NFL is not only a game, its a buisness. What ricky did was a buisness decision, leave him alone, can you blame him for wanting to leave after how bad our o-line did last year??? he was simply getting tortured

agreed. just wish the guy best wishes & lets move on. what is done is done.

Dolfan99 said:
You really think that was the reason?

Dolfan99 said:

I almost passed this one up but I couldn't resist. Why in the hell did he decide to retire with the timing he did. He knew what we were working with a day, 2 days, a week, a month before he decided to retire. He knew what would screw the Dolphins up the most. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but after hearing the whole Raiders thing.....I say forget him. He did this on purpose. I know the O-line sucked and I didn't even play behind them. WHY DID HE TIME IT THIS WAY? Answer me this? Buisness is not carried out this way and in buisness you know the rules and the rules say no drugs. He was only tortured because he wasn't free to smoke pot.

Back
Top Bottom