A Henson rumor from the Texans forum | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Henson rumor from the Texans forum

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Could be something to it who knows...

Saturday February 14, 2004 8:22 PM

"Sources tell me that Tom Donahoe has refused to give up this years second for Henson and a 3rd round next year. Donahoe was offering this years 3rd and next years 2nd. Some teams are however offering to give Henson a 2nd rounder this year so you ask how can the Bills be the front runner?? Donahoe has now brought up the name of All Pro Guard Ruben Brown and the Texans are very very interested now. The proposed trade as I hear it is Brown and a 3rd rounder next year for Henson... Stay tuned tho if I hear anything more on this I will report it here or my show!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by CpuFan
Could be something to it who knows...

Saturday February 14, 2004 8:22 PM

"Sources tell me that Tom Donahoe has refused to give up this years second for Henson and a 3rd round next year. Donahoe was offering this years 3rd and next years 2nd. Some teams are however offering to give Henson a 2nd rounder this year so you ask how can the Bills be the front runner?? Donahoe has now brought up the name of All Pro Guard Ruben Brown and the Texans are very very interested now. The proposed trade as I hear it is Brown and a 3rd rounder next year for Henson... Stay tuned tho if I hear anything more on this I will report it here or my show!"

Ruben Brown ????????????????

I can't believe Casserly is that stupid ! Brown is a swinging gate with an attitude.. Not to mention he will be starting his 9th season this year ...

Maybe if they threw in T "child molester" Henry I could see this as possible move.

If Casserly pulls the trigger on this deal then he deserves the "GM moron of the year" award !!

:shakeno:

Marino1983

You know it does not matter what Houston wants. It only matters what Henson wants. If he doesn't want to go to Buffalo, and who really would, then no deal. So they can talk forever, Henson will go where he wants to go.

That rumor can not be true considering that Brown is a free agent. They could franchise him and trade him, but I doubt the Texans would want to pay Brown franchise-tag money.

"Maybe if they threw in T "child molester" Henry I could see this as possible move."

soiunds like i missed a story somewhere, how did Henry get the nickname child molester?

not to mention its only rumour. its a rumour probably cus someone in buffalo starts it cus they would love to get rid of brown and get henson but not give up too much. but holes have already been punched. brown is a free agent. henson will go where he wants.

The thing i like about all this stuff with brunell, ramsey, henson,ect. is that it gives us a better chance to get Rivers.

Travis Henry is a registered sex offender in the State of New York. He had an incident with a 15 year old girl in his rookie season. He just had to do some community service and all that, no big deal.

The girl claimed she was "almost 18". He was 22.

Anyway, I doubt that rumor has any validity to it. Brown is washed up and is going to be a free agent. Plus, Houston is more than happy with Domanick Davis at RB.

Originally posted by Muck
The girl claimed she was "almost 18". He was 22.

Anyway, I doubt that rumor has any validity to it. Brown is washed up and is going to be a free agent. Plus, Houston is more than happy with Domanick Davis at RB.

I hope not. The more time passes the more I like henson. He may be the Jem this year. Some say b/c he has been away he will take more time to be ready. Conversely alot of being an NFLer is dealing with being a pro. He has already dealt with tons of adversity as a pro in the biggest spotlight, NY. He may be ready sooner than others. Anyway we need to keep Barfalo away from him.

Not a big deal Disguti? Wow, you must not have kids. If I had a 15 yr old daughter and a 22 y/o man was trying to get in her pants I'd think it was more than "just a little incident"

Her fault as well, but he statutory raped a girl and you think it's not a big deal? I must have missed that one.

As for the rumor it's very untrue for many reasons that have already been described above. Not to mention the fact that from most accounts the offers haven't started from anyone yet.

Originally posted by PhinKev
You know it does not matter what Houston wants. It only matters what Henson wants. If he doesn't want to go to Buffalo, and who really would, then no deal. So they can talk forever, Henson will go where he wants to go.

I don't see how Henson has any say. Two things have to happen before anything can be done.
1) He would have to sign with Houston before they can even trade him, which is a "paltry" sum of around 300k or whatever the 03 rookie pool figure thing is. IMO, he'll be looking for more.
2) He does nothing and re-enters the draft where he would no doubt make more by virtue of being re-drafted at a much earlier round.

Either, I don't see any way Hensone controls a whole lot. I guess they can make deals before hand in that Henson can agree to sign a deal with someone offering what he wants as long as Houston agrees to it and tHAT team in turn gives houston what THEY want. So really, I don't see Henson having alot of say in it other than making it known where he'd like to go.

Back
Top Bottom