A knowledgable Bills fan perspective on the Dolphins offense and Defense. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A knowledgable Bills fan perspective on the Dolphins offense and Defense.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Ugh who cares what a Bills fan thinks. I find it pathetic that the bills insider guys are always pulling stuff from here to talk about lets not get into being as pathetic as to even remotely caring what they are talking about.

Its always intresting to see what other fans think of the Dolphins.Well fans that are know football and are not bias.

Originally posted by baalworship
The Dolphins look fine on paper. Any Bills fan knows that. The question is how will this team perform in the big games and in December. There's a perception that your team is soft.

Can Seau help with leadership? Sure. But the majority of the guys and coaching staff that find a way to lose are still there. I don't think you guys have a chance until you clean house. You need to replace Wanny & Friends.

do me a favor would ya? look over the bills history and tell me how many times the bills sucked compared to when they were great. i bet youll find that the bills sucked 90% of teh time and in december too with the weather. the reason miami has a reputation for fading is becuase the fins rarely suck, they just are great in the beginning, and fade late or lose the first round of the playoffs. alot of that comes from injuries. marino going down in 94 was a killer. that was the year we played buffalo in miami and got our ass kicked. scott mitchell was the reason. that year we had a great team, but marino going down was huge.

finfan54: do me a favor would ya? look over the bills history and tell me how many times the bills sucked compared to when they were great. i bet youll find that the bills sucked 90% of teh time and in december too with the weather. the reason miami has a reputation for fading is becuase the fins rarely suck,

Okay. You asked! I have been following the Bills since 1987. Here's what I have seen:

Bills 1987-present 5 AFC Championships Games, 4 AFC Championships, Zero SB victories

Dolphins 1987-present 1 AFC Championship Game, Zero AFC Championships & SB Appearances

I guess if I was old I could appreciate your "history". But I am not. So I don't see it.

As for the Bills cleaning house, we already did! Wade Phillips won
29 games from 1998-2000. Not good enough to save his job. John Butler was one of the best talent evaluators in football. But Ralph Wilson got into a spat with him and left for San Diego. Butler's problem was he liked his players too much and didn't manage the cap.

Enter Tom Donahoe! Donahoe went to work in cutting players that were overpaid. 2001 and 2002 were REBUILDING years. We had so much dead cap space it was ridiculous. The 2001 draft for the Bills, Donahoe's 1st with the Bills might go down as the BEST in Bills history! Nate Clements, Aaron Schobel, Travis Henry, Jonas Jennings, Marqes Sullivan, and Ron Edwards! 4 of these draft picks could be Pro-Bowl quality! Our cap situation is awesome now! We have signed Sam Adams, Takeo Spikes, Jeff Posey, Izell Reese, Sam Gash, Marcus Jones, Keith Mckenzie, Dainon Sidney, Chad Cota, James Jett, Bobby Shaw, and Rian Lindell. We are several million under the cap and we have MORE room next year!

Bills fans have nothing but optimism over the new players and coaches we have added in the off-season. We went 8-8 with a team that was rebuilding. This year we have a full roster. Yeah, it sucks to be us!

I agree the Dolphins are always competitive. Their best teams were in the early 90's but the could never beat the Bills. Buffalo fans dislike the Dolphins because they always have a competitive team. I am sure this year will be no different. The Dolphins will be good but will they be good enough.

P.S. That vaunted defense of yours never seems to come up big when it counts.

Okay. You asked! I have been following the Bills since 1987. Here's what I have seen:

Bills 1987-present 5 AFC Championships Games, 4 AFC Championships, Zero SB victories

Dolphins 1987-present 1 AFC Championship Game, Zero AFC Championships & SB Appearances

I guess if I was old I could appreciate your "history". But I am not. So I don't see it.

As for the Bills cleaning house, we already did! Wade Phillips won
29 games from 1998-2000. Not good enough to save his job. John Butler was one of the best talent evaluators in football. But Ralph Wilson got into a spat with him and left for San Diego. Butler's problem was he liked his players too much and didn't manage the cap.

Enter Tom Donahoe! Donahoe went to work in cutting players that were overpaid. 2001 and 2002 were REBUILDING years. We had so much dead cap space it was ridiculous. The 2001 draft for the Bills, Donahoe's 1st with the Bills might go down as the BEST in Bills history! Nate Clements, Aaron Schobel, Travis Henry, Jonas Jennings, Marqes Sullivan, and Ron Edwards! 4 of these draft picks could be Pro-Bowl quality! Our cap situation is awesome now! We have signed Sam Adams, Takeo Spikes, Jeff Posey, Izell Reese, Sam Gash, Marcus Jones, Keith Mckenzie, Dainon Sidney, Chad Cota, James Jett, Bobby Shaw, and Rian Lindell. We are several million under the cap and we have MORE room next year!

Bills fans have nothing but optimism over the new players and coaches we have added in the off-season. We went 8-8 with a team that was rebuilding. This year we have a full roster. Yeah, it sucks to be us!

You signed who, who, who, who and who? :lol:

Buffalo fans are WAY more concerned about the Pats this year. Not that we think Miami's bad, just more concerned about Belichick.

AFC East is going to be competitive. Any team can win this year.

Bills views on the Dolphins:

Great running game/ Poor - Mediocre passing game

Great D-Line/ Okay LB's / Very Good Secondary

Poor coaching & team discipline

Terrible December team

Underachievers

JoeMama said that!!!!!!!!???? Its a shame that Bill Fans have to do drugs to be correct...J/K Classy post by a Bills fan...probably the smartest thing a Bills fan has said.

agreed with everyhting he said besides the overrated secondary please explain, ill listen and if the only hting u have is that madison isnt as good as he used to be then ill concede taht but surtain gets better every year marion hasnt lost a step we added knight brought back buckley and have fletcher at the dime...where is your beef

Buffalo fans are WAY more concerned about the Pats this year. Not that we think Miami's bad, just more concerned about Belichick.

AFC East is going to be competitive. Any team can win this year.

Bills views on the Dolphins:

Great running game/ Poor - Mediocre passing game

Great D-Line/ Okay LB's / Very Good Secondary

Poor coaching & team discipline

Terrible December team

Underachievers

How are we underachivers if we won the division a couple of years back when we were suppose to be one of the worst teams in the NFL? i remember bob mathews and fred smerlas saying the dolphins were going to suck so bad, and then wanny goes 11-5 with the likes of lamar Smith. :lol: underachievers? not likely. jay fielder is a bit of an overachiever if anything. jason taylor is an overachiever cus of his size. zach thomas is an overachiever cus of his size. Our team is built on overachievers. what the hell are you talking about? fact is. you dont know. all you know is that
the bills will be better cus they suck every year and you can only go up eventually when you have the top ten pick in teh draft every so often. miami does it with no top picks. ever!

and let me just add this to your concern for belechik. its not that belichik worries you so much as gregg williams is such a dork and punts on fourth and inches on the patriots 32! you want to talk about lame ass coaches, gregg williams is far worse than dave wannstedt. williams is still on his learning curve.

Originally posted by daryls61
I agree the Dolphins are always competitive. Their best teams were in the early 90's but the could never beat the Bills. Buffalo fans dislike the Dolphins because they always have a competitive team. I am sure this year will be no different. The Dolphins will be good but will they be good enough.

P.S. That vaunted defense of yours never seems to come up big when it counts.

I think you ate too many sugar smacks. First, I disagree about the best teams being in the early 90's. The fins overall record against Buffalo is 47-30-1. In the 90's the Bills did win 14-9. Hardly that we couldn't beat the Bills. We won 20 consecutive games against the Bills from 70 to 79 and had your teams number through most of the 80's. It wasn't until the late 80's that the Bills have been getting the best of the Fish, but it's hardly a fact that we could never beat you.

No balls

Originally posted by Rebar71

Agree & disagree. I love Wannstedt's personnel moves and would love to keep him as a GM. But I don't think the guy can coach - I get tired of watching him scratch his head on the sideline.

He doesnt have any _ _ _ _ _, so he has to scratch his head.

Hey guys, not trying to talk smack. (I have done that in the smack forum but PLEASE don't take this so seriously!)

Someone just posted "what do Bills fans" etc think. I was giving you the condensed version of what most Bills fans believe. BTW, don't get upset because I said your secondary was "very good".

This year will be exciting AND heartbreaking for many of the AFC East teams. The Jets, Bills, Dolphins, and Pats all have high expectations. Some of us are going to get burned.

Later

The Dolphins look fine on paper. Any Bills fan knows that. The question is how will this team perform in the big games and in December.

Ya know, the same thing could be said about the Bills.

I know this guy...

I know JoeMama....
I very rarely speak to fans of rivals via AIM, but JoeMama is very realistic and very objective when it comes to his team. I've had many conversations with him over the last 5 years. Yes, he rubs it in my face when the Bills beat the Dolphins, and vice versa, but he is a Bills fan that I know I won't have to get into a p*ssing contest with.

"A knowledgable Bills fan perspective on the Dolphins offense and Defense."

a knowledgable Bills fan??? i didn't know they made those.

j/k, or am i?

Back
Top Bottom