A little more fuel for the "Draft Laron Landry" push | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A little more fuel for the "Draft Laron Landry" push

the most striking statement regarding Laron Landry to me was when Saban said he was the smartest player he had ever coached. Now say what you will about Nick, but i still hold this description in extremely high regard.

i would be elated to have laron a fin.

If we go defence at 9 I'd take Branch over Laundry...not saying he's a better player but we need a big NT in there when Traylor is done which will be very soon.

Ozzy rules!!

You draft Landry because he is the best. Screw everything else, you deal with that later.

If we go defence at 9 I'd take Branch over Laundry...not saying he's a better player but we need a big NT in there when Traylor is done which will be very soon.

Ozzy rules!!

I'd take Landry over Branch and Laundry. :tongue:

LaRon Landry. No. 8 Houston Texans. His stock is soaring right now, and he probably could climb as high as No. 6, where the Washington Redskins will entertain trade offers.

I have seen some mock drafts having the Vikings or Texans choosing LAron Landry but for the most part, most mock drafts have LAndry falling on the laps of the Falcons. The Redskins are in dire need of defensive line help and at their position, they'll certainly have the option of drafting Branch, Gaines Adams or Jamaal Anderson. The Vikings and Texans do need help at the safety position so it's not out of the question for one of them to select Landry. Another scenario to look at is Atlanta possibly trading up for Landry.

the only other defensive player in this draft that might be better would be adams either one would work for me if thay are both gone and peterson falls sets up a trade down landry can be a steal at 9

I want Landry too....but Allen I could care less about....just another of Satan's mistake's.

the more i read about landry, the more excited about him I am. I honestly think that the great O players won't be available at 9, barring maybe Levi Brown. So unless we make a trade down (which i would be in favor of) I wouldn't be that upset with drafting Landry. I would feel even better about it if we were sure that Allen can be converted to CB. Because if that is the case, we don't have to view this as taking two safeties in a row with our first round, but rather a safety and a cb.
Also, I know generally players like DBs take time to develop and aren't generally capabable of becoming a starter their rookie year. Is landry a special case? I haven't really read any speculation as to whether he'd be pro ready..

Also, I know generally players like DBs take time to develop and aren't generally capabable of becoming a starter their rookie year. Is landry a special case? I haven't really read any speculation as to whether he'd be pro ready..

That was also a question I had whenever I look at a possible prospect, especially at #9. Here's an opinion of Landry by Pro Football Weekly.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Scouting+Combine/2007/rock022607.htm

The way we see it: A four-year starter who walked into Nick Saban’s complex system from Day One and quarterbacked the defense of a national championship team. Could quickly establish himself as an impact player in the pros. Possesses the athletic ability, instincts and football intelligence to regularly play in the Pro Bowl if he does not let the success go to his head.

I am not crazy about drafting another d-back fin the first round for the 2nd straight year, but Landry does sound like he is going to be a great one so I could live with the pick.

Yep. I gotta admit, the Landry threads are starting to win me over. I never doubted the guy being a stud, not for a second.

Still, I have a major issue with our team going defense with the first pick in the draft. How much are we willing to invest on a defense that was already in the top 5?

But, if we were to take Landry and move Allen to CB, I guess I wouldn't be too broken up.

If I was running this draft though, and I'm sure all of you are glad I'm not, I'd be trading up for Calvin Johnson or down for Ted Ginn, Greg Olsen, or Ryan Kalil.

I'd make certain our first 3 picks in the draft are offense and take a CB with our 3rd rounder.

I was mad when we drafted Allen.I dont dislike him,I just thought there were better players.I really thought that we would draft Manny Lawson.He would fit well with are D.
He is fast,big,strong.We passed on him.

I want Landry because of the attitude he could bring.Is a good person,smart and plays tough.If we pass on him i will be very dissipointed.That would be 1 of 2 pieces to add and we are set for awhile.

Take Landry.......#9

GO DOLPHINS.......#1

landry is the only guy id draft if we go defense....we will have a bears type defense if we get him

Back
Top Bottom