A little Qb School report from today. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A little Qb School report from today.

Those of us who can't see for ourselves really appreciate the info.

I think Fiedler just needs more reps with Thompson. He had no trouble with long balls to Chambers in '01, and he's been working exclusively with Chambers all offseason, he's probably just having a little timing problem with Thompson being he's a tad slower.

Originally posted by relive1972
Those of us who can't see for ourselves really appreciate the info.

I think Fiedler just needs more reps with Thompson. He had no trouble with long balls to Chambers in '01, and he's been working exclusively with Chambers all offseason, he's probably just having a little timing problem with Thompson being he's a tad slower.

That's what the off-season is for. :D

Oliver...

Re: Re: A little Qb School report from today.

Originally posted by Muck

He's not totally inadequate, as we've seen him hit a deep man in stride in a game. But more often than not, he misses and the WR either can't get there or has to slow down/stop to catch the ball.
And because he doesn't have that big gun, it's something he really must work and improve upon this year.

This is so true. I really think it is more mental than having to practice with the Wr's. He has a plenty good enough arm to throw it deep.

Most deep balls are caught between 20-30 yards from the LOS.

But you know what? I so badly want him to make me eat every single negative word I've ever said on the subject. And I believe he can do it. Now is the time though. Put up or shut up this year.

Originally posted by Dolphins2002
Thanks for the update but I do not know what is better...your report or RUDE's SIG...I just love seeing the beautiful Pro Player Stadium Sold Out.

Hey it's ok, I like that pic too. As a matter of fact, anytime you see a pic of a crowd at JOE ROBBIE during a Dolphins game.........I'm part of it.

I have not missed a regular season game in over 10 years. And the only reason i might miss a preseason game is because one of my good friends begs me to death. :D

Jay's just not that accurate a thrower. That's why OG had to make those acrobatic catches, Chambers has to dive for catches and we don't get much "YAC".

BTW, Thanks for the report OZZY!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow. For a brief few minutes, it actually felt like the season is right around the corner. Thanks for the great report Oz. Keep em coming.

Long ball ..........

Remember how Norv said that Jay Fiedler thorws a nice deep ball?I don't think that came out no where...

The problem is the deep ball is all about timing and being in sync with your WR.The QB needs to spent time throwing long routes and that ususally comes in training camp and preseason.As usual Fiedler was injured for most training camp and going to season.Even his first year he was hurt in training camp and preseason and that why is so important for fiedler to remain healthy from start of training camp to start of season.This is the time where he needs to work on his timing with WR's.

Originally posted by DNY
Jay's just not that accurate a thrower. That's why OG had to make those acrobatic catches, Chambers has to dive for catches and we don't get much "YAC".

First Thanks Ozzy..I've been feed:D

This is so weired..Jay and Chambers made a name for themselves in CC's first year with the deep ball...But last year for some reason Jay was over throwing badly..it's always an overthrown..which lets me know he has some arm strength..then he tries to compensate and ends up underthrowing..I prefer him just put more arc and he'll find that the receiver will run right under it. I learned this long ago..I use to do what he does. overthrow...then I put more arch..same velocity, so it gets there pretty fast..and whala..I hit receiver consistently..I didn't even think about it anymore..He's trying to use the straight line method too much...down the field it's more a one on one situation..give the receiver a chance..even with a little more arch and same velocity, it will get there before the safety and with our receivers, alot of times they're behind everyone anyway.

He probably needs to relax and wing it.

He's probably trying to hard ;).

Re: Re: A little Qb School report from today.

Originally posted by Muck

That's one area that he really struggles at. If I could change/improve one thing about Jay, that would be it. His arm isn't the strongest. But it doesn't have to be to throw an accurate deep pass. It's just a question of timing/judgement. Sometimes he puts too much arc on it when he should throw it more on a rope. And other times he severely underthrows it....as if he's badly misjudging his WRs speed. And it's unfortunate because our WRs can really get open deep.

He's not totally inadequate, as we've seen him hit a deep man in stride in a game. But more often than not, he misses and the WR either can't get there or has to slow down/stop to catch the ball. And because he doesn't have that big gun, it's something he really must work and improve upon this year.

Actually, strength has a lot to do with accuracy on the deep pass. The more you have to put your whole body into the throw, the less control you have. It's the difference between "pushing" the ball downfield, and "heaving" the ball downfield.

Back
Top Bottom