A look at how our roster is shaping up.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A look at how our roster is shaping up....

underwaterjedi

Practice Squad
Reaction score
...ok, I know you'll think I have a lot of time in my hands, but it wasn't really that much work. This is a graphical look at our roster by position, and it also identifies those spots where we should see competition during the training camps.

I will continue updating this, and it is open for suggestions. The player projections are just my take, and feel free to disagree and let me know. I am interested in hearing from all here, about how many peeople we will end up keeping at each position.

Hope you like it (click on the link below).

www.jcpersonal.com/dolphinsroster03.htm

Okay, I'm impressed, this is good..I did the same writing down, but now I can go to your site..Thanks,

I just added all the undrafted free agents. If you think I am missing someone or anything is wrong, please let me know.

good question

Isn't the QB spot only 3 ???

I don't know. I am trying to find out how many we carried last year. I know we kept Dave Dickenson, but he may have stayed in the Practice Squad all year. I 'll check it out.

Re: good question

Originally posted by underwaterjedi

I don't know. I am trying to find out how many we carried last year. I know we kept Dave Dickenson, but he may have stayed in the Practice Squad all year. I 'll check it out.

He was added to the team when Fiedler was injured and cut as soon as he came back. Actually nothing is set in stone, the HC decides how many are kept at any position. If I'm not wrong we have kept only three for the last couple of years. Maybe you could check out the depth chart on the offical Dolphins site. My preference would be to add that spot to the corner backs. :)

Great Job, But............

Really nice job underwaterjedi but I have a few of you roster evaluations that I don't agree with.

1) McGarrahan and Gamble are not locks. Yerimiah Bell will compete for one of these spots and may beat either of these players out, we don't know yet. He should be ready to compete by July. Gamble seems more secure to me the McGarrahan, at least Gamble has played some in dime situations and is the better ST flyer of the two. Add in the fact that Sammy Knight is also a likely aquisition and the top 5 seem more like Knight, Marion, Freeman, Wooden, and the last spot is the battle between Gamble, Bell, and McGarrahan with the inside track going to Gamble. Bell could go to PS and McGarrahan is out.

2) Contrary to popular opinion, they will not pull the plug on Fletcher just yet. He is a lock. No way does Omare Lowe move ahead of him and beat him out. Lowe could end up being the 9th DB and beat out the last guys at safety, see above, carrying 4 pure CB's, 4 pure S's and one swing guy in Lowe or Bell.

Otherwise I agree with your very nice spreadsheet, I would think that you could make a few of these draft choices as locks though mainly Moore, W. Smith, Whitley, Lee, and Jenkins. Wannstedt went as far as stating these players ( at least Moore, Jenkins, and Lee) will be on the field on opening day.

great job jedi......I added it to my favorites so I expect it to be updated regularly! ;)

I agree with Jorser. Whether you like it or not, Fletcher will be on this team for at least another year.

agreed (mostly)

mostly agree with you Jorser. That's why I started this thread, 'cause I don't claim to have it figured out (yet ). I think the DB situation is going to be the toughest competition. I myself like McGarrahan more than Gamble.

I kept Wooden as a lock though, as it seems that the coaches and Wanny are real high on this guy. I think he is valuable. I anticipate we will sign Knight at some point in the near future, and that would obviously tighten things up a lot.

I agree on Fletcher. I have put him back as a lock, like I originally had him. A lot of people don't like him, but I think this guy is going to progress a lot this year. I don't know how much time he will reall have though, since we have T-buck now.

The other tough battles are at OLine and Linebackers. Anyone know anything about this Ayanbadejo kid? There will be 7 players battleing for 2 spots there. I don't really know how I feel about most of them.

Check out the updated chart at:

www.jcpersonal.com/dolphinsroster03.htm

LB's

You have 6 LB's and I think this is the number that they may go with, although I wish that they would carry 7. If they only carry 6, I don't think Ayanbadejo makes it. I think that before any other LB might make it after Moore, Hendricks, and Jenkins, that the guy should be a versatile veteran post 6/1 player. I am nervous as heck that we are going to rely on two rookies and Hendricks. DW said that Jenkins will be on the team, so if they were to cary 7, one would hope that that last spot would go to a versatile veteran instead of another young untested player. I am still a little nervous about LB depth and want the another player signed here.

Back
Top Bottom