A look at my top WRs for next year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A look at my top WRs for next year

Whats funny about Keenen Allen was he was initially Bama's prize commit... as a safety. Dude would have made an AMAZING DB. I didn't see much of Cal last year, but I remember him being amazing as a Frosh.

A name to keep an eye on is RS Sophomore Kyle Prater from Northwestern. Same recruiting class as Woods but redshirted after getting hurt and he wanted to move closer to home. He also never really wanted to play for Lane Kiffen and almost decommitted from USC but felt that he should follow through with his commitment.

The spot for the #2 WR behind Keenan Allen is wide open in my estimation, and will continue to be as of draft day. I don't see there being a consensus agreement on that at any point.

Eric Berry was on campus in Knoxville this summer working out and he raved about Hunter, who appears to be fully back from the knee injury for the most part. Apparently Hunter beat him during some reps. Berry called him pro-ready right now.

I have no problem buying that.

If we come out of next year´s draft with DE Werner, and 2 WR´s from that list (Bayley, Swope for example), we might be moving in the right direction...

Even after the preseason games Im still confident this team will win 6 or more games...but maybe not. If they are as bad as they look and we end up with a top 5 pick but Tannehill shows that he is our guy...we need to hope that someone who really needs a QB is willing to move up at a steep price ala Washington. Guys like Barkley and Logan Thomas will be in high demand.

You don't want to force any position. If Miami's situation really is as bleak as it looks right now (rookie QB, a bunch of no talent receivers, suddenly leaky defense)...then we're picking high. You've got to get the highest impact player you can regardless of position.

It won't be Logan Thomas or Matt Barkley or Tyler Wilson.

Could be Keenan Allen. Could be Barkevious Mingo or Bjoern Werner. Hard to say.

Just so you guys know, Stedman Bailey is a beast and will be a great NFL WR. I watch almost every WVU game. And dont get the idea Im some WVU homer and thats the reason I think he will be good in the league.... Im not. TBH, I watch almost all of their games just to hate on them. So the fact that Im saying he will be good in the league suggests a lot.

This guy has real NFL skills. Every game I watch them he is running his routes real crisp and makes great catches especially around the sides and corners of the endzone. He has great body control and knows how to adjust to balls in the air and make his QB look good.

If you ask these clueless WVU fans around here they will tell you that Geno Smith and Tavon Austin are the best players on the team. Well, they put up the most numbers.....in college. Stedman Bailey is the best player they have and it will show in the league. These homers still think Pat White and Major Harris are great players while they hardly speak of Marc Bulger who might be the best QB they ever had(Oliver Luck, Jeff Hostettler).

Tavon Austin can play in the league I think. Im just not sure he has the NFL talent that Bailey has. A lot of people compare Austin to Percy Harvin. Could be a fair comparison. Austin is certainly capable of being a playmaker in the NFL. Im just not sold on his ability to run crisp routes. Dosent mean he cant be effective in the league though. The guy can certainly make people miss in the open field on any level and has tremendous speed. He dosent have the body control and hands of Bailey though.

Geno Smith wont play in the league. If you ask people around here, they think he is 1st round material.... :lol: While he is certainly better than Pat White, he does have some throwing ability, just not enough to be effective in the NFL. He could maybe be a mid to late round pick and possibly stick on the end of a roster. I just dont see him ever being a starter in the league. The guy has a ton of great weapons around him and an offense taylor made for anyone with a decent arm to put up huge numbers in a college game.

Id take Bailey in the 2nd round in a heartbeat. He's that good.

Just so you guys know, Stedman Bailey is a beast and will be a great NFL WR. I watch almost every WVU game. And dont get the idea Im some WVU homer and thats the reason I think he will be good in the league.... Im not. TBH, I watch almost all of their games just to hate on them. So the fact that Im saying he will be good in the league suggests a lot.

This guy has real NFL skills. Every game I watch them he is running his routes real crisp and makes great catches especially around the sides and corners of the endzone. He has great body control and knows how to adjust to balls in the air and make his QB look good.

If you ask these clueless WVU fans around here they will tell you that Geno Smith and Tavon Austin are the best players on the team. Well, they put up the most numbers.....in college. Stedman Bailey is the best player they have and it will show in the league. These homers still think Pat White and Major Harris are great players while they hardly speak of Marc Bulger who might be the best QB they ever had(Oliver Luck, Jeff Hostettler).

Tavon Austin can play in the league I think. Im just not sure he has the NFL talent that Bailey has. A lot of people compare Austin to Percy Harvin. Could be a fair comparison. Austin is certainly capable of being a playmaker in the NFL. Im just not sold on his ability to run crisp routes. Dosent mean he cant be effective in the league though. The guy can certainly make people miss in the open field on any level and has tremendous speed. He dosent have the body control and hands of Bailey though.

Geno Smith wont play in the league. If you ask people around here, they think he is 1st round material.... :lol: While he is certainly better than Pat White, he does have some throwing ability, just not enough to be effective in the NFL. He could maybe be a mid to late round pick and possibly stick on the end of a roster. I just dont see him ever being a starter in the league. The guy has a ton of great weapons around him and an offense taylor made for anyone with a decent arm to put up huge numbers in a college game.

You're getting too good at this....

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?318883-Slimm-s-2013-prospects-(underclassman)/page2

WV, I always read your threads, not always agreeing, but l respect & enjoy the way you express yourself in print

re: Bailey he is a rs jr and could come back next yr which I doubt because Smith won`t be there throwing to him

It`s meaningless to speculate where Smith or or any body else will be drafted at without seeing how season plays out. Stock rises & fall.....injuries, performance, wins etc
But to say "Smith won`t play in the league" is a rather bold statement, altho you do qualify that later saying he may make a roster. Still a head scratcher

My prediction: If Geno plays on par like last season & they win he`s a top ten pick, maybe even ending up here

ps: Please don`t bring up Pat White my scars are just now beginning to heal & btw Slaton doesn`t blow watch and be humbled

You don't want to force any position. If Miami's situation really is as bleak as it looks right now (rookie QB, a bunch of no talent receivers, suddenly leaky defense)...then we're picking high. You've got to get the highest impact player you can regardless of position.

It won't be Logan Thomas or Matt Barkley or Tyler Wilson.

Could be Keenan Allen. Could be Barkevious Mingo or Bjoern Werner. Hard to say.
Yeah, I think we'll be picking high. Really, besides the defensive line is there any unit for Miami that's above average? Maybe linebackers with Karlos Dansby and Kevin Burnett, but that unit needs some youth. Looks like major holes at wide receiver and in the secondary. Would love to get a pass rusher early, but also love what I've seen of Keenan Allen. I just wonder what receivers might make it to round 2 or close enough where the Dolphins could engineer a trade up. Definitely looking like a major rebuild in Miami.

Thanks Dr Slimm.

I donno. I just dont watch that much college football. Like Ive said, I watch almost all the WVU games and I love watching big time SEC matchups. I especially love it when the SEC features a great game at 330 on CBS and then another later that night on ESPN. Typically, thats every week. :lol:

I just dont watch too much of the other matchups because college football is generally mismatches galore. I keep up with it enough to know where to clean up when the bowl matchups are announced.

I also know when I do watch enough of these players, I can generally tell whether or not he can play in the league. Stedman Bailey can play in the league. The two guys you have ranked ahead of him I havent really watched enough of to know whether I feel they are better. I know who they are, have seen highlights, and have proabably watched a full game or parts of games they have been in, but havent focused on the player and tried to gage whether or not I think he can play in the league. For those reasons, I cant really rank these players the way you do. I just know Id take Bailey in the 2nd round all day. Hell, he may even be first round material when things are settled.

I just notice when watching him how he manuvers his body along the sidelines when the ball is in the air. Its league talent. He has great hands and his routes are pretty crisp. He is lethal in the endzone around the corners and along the sides. Hes real tough to stop in a one on one situation like that. If you throw him a decent ball on a fade, he will beat the defender to it everytime. The way he adjust while its in the air is brilliant. He will score TDs in the NFL. He's not the fastest guy, but hes fast enough and the skills he does have are what counts in the NFL.

And just like I told you with the WVU homers. They love some Geno Smith. WVUbob is a perfect example. Now, while Im not saying Geno is a bum(I will say he blows based on my special qualifications.... being extremely overhyped and overrated will prompt me to say someone blows.... especially if they get more credit than players on their team who are better than they are) he just dosent have the NFL skills. Sure, he's going to throw for a ton of yards. Yea, his arm is pretty good. But, hes going to light up a Big 12 where defense is non existant and he is going to be playing in a QB friendly system with 2 or 3 of the best offensive weapons in the country. Bailey is going to be a good pro and Tavon Austin is straight up lethal vs college level talent. All you have to do is get that kid the ball in open space and its a wrap. Even LSUs defense couldnt contain Tavon Austin.

Geno Smith is a good college QB. Maybe he can hang on a roster in the league for a few years, especially if he gets drafted high. But, I dont see him being a consistant starter in the NFL. Not even close really. I dont think he can locate the ball consistantly in the tight windows a QB must be able to hit in the NFL. He has a nice margin for error right now with the players he has in the system he is in.

So like WVUbob says, maybe he does light it up and go top 10.... I donno. There might be a GM foolish enough to fall in love with the statistics. But, if a guy really knows football he could watch a few Geno Smith games and see he dosent have the arm to win in the NFL. Throwing to wide open guys all day is a lot easier than hitting guys on a dime after having the foresight to know exactly where they are going to break open and lead them to the spot with the throw.

So thats why I hate on Geno Smith a lot. I get ****ing sick of hearing how great he is all the time. Reality is he's pretty good. But, around here he gets hyped like hes the greatest **** ever. **** heem. Thats why I say he ****ing blows. If fans knew what they were talking about, they would be talking about how much of a beast Stedman Bailey is.

Like I say, people around here still want to talk about Pat White and Major Harris and **** all over Marc Bulger. Its crazy. Half of them dont remember who the **** Marc Bulger is because he didnt put up huge numbers against **** teams like Rutgers and Marshall. Back in Bulger's day, WVU actually played some quality non conference opponents more often than now. Therefore we would go 7-4 or 8-3 instead of 10-2 every year like now. Im sorry, Im just not impressed with Pat White rushing for 300 yards on Liberty. Get real. They scored 70 last year on Clemson. Big ****ing deal. CLEMSON BLOWS!!!! Bulger used to play good teams every other week and wasnt concerned with running the ball as a QB.

I guarantee you if Ireland is still gm he will not draft any of these players.

Give me Bowe next year in free agency. Then draft Justin hunter in the first . Lemonier in the second.and honey badger in the third.

Stedman Bailey looks eerily like Steve Smith (CAR) to me, and I agree with the sentiment that he's the best NFL prospect when compared with Geno Smith and Tavon Austin.

I do remember Slimm bringing him up a lot, months ago. That was a good call, a good find. When I sat down to watch Stedman, I had to admit there's a lot more that needs to be said about the guy than you find most of the Draft industry saying, right now.

Stedman is on my short list of receivers that I like a lot. The list includes Keenan Allen, Marquess Wilson, Aaron Mellette, Justin Hunter, Terrance Williams and Andre Debose. These are just guys that I'm pretty sure will end up good value, one way or another.

If there weren't so many consistent rumors of Da'Rick Rogers being a major headcase, he'd be on it. It's not that I don't like Robert Woods, but I get the feeling he's going to be drafted higher than his real value.

I've heard a lot of good things about Aaron Dobson and I still have to take a good hard look at him. I like Denard Robinson as a WR prospect quite a bit.

Stedman Bailey looks eerily like Steve Smith (CAR) to me, and I agree with the sentiment that he's the best NFL prospect when compared with Geno Smith and Tavon Austin.

I do remember Slimm bringing him up a lot, months ago. That was a good call, a good find. When I sat down to watch Stedman, I had to admit there's a lot more that needs to be said about the guy than you find most of the Draft industry saying, right now.

Stedman is on my short list of receivers that I like a lot. The list includes Keenan Allen, Marquess Wilson, Aaron Mellette, Justin Hunter, Terrance Williams and Andre Debose. These are just guys that I'm pretty sure will end up good value, one way or another.

If there weren't so many consistent rumors of Da'Rick Rogers being a major headcase, he'd be on it. It's not that I don't like Robert Woods, but I get the feeling he's going to be drafted higher than his real value.

I've heard a lot of good things about Aaron Dobson and I still have to take a good hard look at him. I like Denard Robinson as a WR prospect quite a bit.

Really good call. Seems to have a similar type of attitude as well....

Back
Top Bottom