A new entry at Run-Ricky-Run | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A new entry at Run-Ricky-Run

!PapaCrunk81!

'Cocaine and Toupes'
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
It's not really a journal type entry, but a chat/interview with
Dan LeBatard after the Chargers game. It's quite a read--very long.

That is one long interview. I can't read it all right now (24 is almost on :) ) However, he tries to sound as unbiased as possible in terms of the quarterback situation. He seems to be trying to not make anyone upset.

oooops

RW: It depends on the person. Jay’s very mature. He’s been around, he knows the game. He understands what’s going to happen, what could happen.

RW: Just in practice, little things. If we’re running a play and Brian doesn’t like something about the play, he’ll say Norv, can we run that play again? Or he’ll say I want Ricky right there so if he’s not open, I can come down to him. And Norv listens and changes things up and makes Brian feel comfortable.

Norv setting Brian up for success??

Even Randy McMichael was quoted in the papers today saying, ‘You’d have to be an idiot to say that there’s not a quarterback controversy here because the quarterback who came in played better than the quarterback before that.’

I missed this one.:eek:

You gotta love McMichael. The guy ain't shy. ;)

Originally posted by inFINSible
I missed this one.:eek:

I thought I was the only one who missed that one. WHOA!

How about this one....

RW: He’s definitely a competitor and there’s times when the play would come in and he would see eight guys in the box and he’d want to throw the ball. He’d want us to compete. He’d want to take care of me and he’d keep asking me over and over again if I was ok. Am I ok? Am I ok? He sees the field. He knows the game. At least from what I saw last night, he did a great job.

It doesn't seem like Brian's used to the kind of crap we put up with from the opposing defense. I guess it would be a shock to see a run stopping defense over and over.....You wait on the play to come in and "what do you know?"

Another running play.

Somebody shoot me if I ever say "we don't run enough" in the near future.

Dan LeBatard: Anything from the San Diego game that you found amusing?

RW: I didn’t appreciate the fact that they were slighting my offensive line. They were telling me that I need to get some new blockers, because these guys weren’t getting the job done. The worst part is that they’re saying this and they’re getting killed.

They were getting killed on the scoreboard not in the trenches.

Man, that's baaaaad news.:(

Norv pointed out to us that if we tell you to do three backflips, two cartwheels and run through the hole, you should be able to make it work. We just concentrated more on our execution. It doesn’t matter what he calls, as long as we execute it the right way, we’re going to have good plays.

What I’ve realized in the league is that when they bring another starter in to back you up, chances are that you’re on your way out the door.

Gosh...there are soooo many things to talk about here.

Yeah, Ricky is pretty honest. Obviously he can't say EVERYTHING. But he does a pretty good job.

Do you have to find yourself in a situation where you have to be careful with how effusive you are in your praise of a Brian Griese on a radio show like this one? Or when the TV cameras are in front of you because you don’t want to hurt Jay Fiedler’s feelings? There’s a lot of delicacy here that you have to deal with, isn’t there?

RW: That’s how I feel. Luckily, Jay’s been around. He’s been a backup quarterback, he’s been out of the NFL, he’s been a starting quarterback. I think he understands the game and he understands the situation that he’s in and he handles it far better than I think a lot of other players would. So we don’t have to be as careful, but I kind of feel bad complimenting Brian’s play a little bit.

I have GOT to start remember when his show is on.

One odd part I noticed...

Dan LeBatard: You went to Home Depot recently. How hard is it to dabble in anything that resembles self improvement when you’re forever having people tell you you’re great the way you are, we love you the way you are, you don’t have to be any better. How is it that you go ‘I want to be better in this part of my personality, I want to be a better person?’

I thought Home Depot was a hardware store... what's that got to do with self-improvement?

This has got to be an ego booster:

Dan LeBatard: How many first round picks were traded for you?

RW: I think four.

Dan LeBatard: But, who’s counting?

Ricky is very good at being diplomatic, but just read between the lines with all the Dolphins players and coaches they interview. Everyone wants Brian.

Back
Top Bottom