A Philip Rivers Story | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Philip Rivers Story

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
i would have a lot more respect for him if he can get his longball on track. then miami could draft with no worries..

Oh brother!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by themole

Not me...I'll take the young citizen warrior any day. That's a thing called character, one of the fundamental building blocks to leadership. This man has the "mettle" to accomplish anything puts his mind to.

Exactly what i was going to say. you dont want Lawrence Phillips, you want Phillip Rivers! But lets see today what were looking at from a big picture as to what everyone else is dong and not just rip his arm. I think that arm crap is way overrated. besides, i think he is a big enough boy to hit the weight room and develope those arms anyways. If the dude is total accurate at 20 yards, that is where the action is anyways people! you dont throw long passes often, you set up for them and that is mostly timeing anyways.

Character matters. It matters big especially at the QB position. Im not gonna let any blowhards opinion about arm strength run over the character and overall talent issues. Peyton manning is the best QB in football right now becuase he has character and talent. He was raised properly therefore he will work hard for success. Not saying a guy like Losman wont, but i dont want a guy at the NFL level getting cuaght up in his ego either. it is a team killer. I want to see Losman in this game too. I dont want to prejudge him until i see the real deal.

Philip can throw anything from 25 yards in as well or better than anyone in football. It gets there on time and in the right location (away fron the defensive player). The guy is amazing. He can throw a 50 yard stike but he would be an average QB with the deep ball. Let Philip hit several 5-20 yarders to every eligible receiver; he'll drive a defense nuts after a few TDs and when they're not expecting it, then go up on top. He'll bury 'em.

For thouse that are critizing his deep ball... The patriots rocked the NFL's world this year with 1-20yrd passes

If the story is true, which I doubt, I'm not thrilled about his judgement while I agree with the cause. A first round pick should be smarter than busting heads in a sports bar, right or wrong.
I was particularly touched with the details of the story, it's almost like a camera or tape recorde must have been running to get that level of detail.
Poignant, a true tour de force of sports bar melodrama.

And lets also point be aware of Rivers' football intelligence. When I watched him, I swear he looked like Peyton Manning pre-snap, with all the changes and aubdiblizing he did. He appeared to have absolute command of his offense and the trust of his coaches. Without that trust, you're left with a simple Check-With-Me system (like the Phins run now).

What's also noteworthy is that according to the link another member gave this morning, Rivers shined this week in the 2-minute offense. That's where a QB really has to have command of his offense and his players.

To kick butt under those circumstances (new players, coaches, etc), a guy really has to have football intelligence.

Im tired of everyone ripping Phillip Rivers, he is a good quarterback. There are some quarterbacks in the league and history of the nfl that doesnt have a great long ball arm but can get it there.. thats the situation with Phillip RIvers.. He can throw the long ball fine its just that he has to get use to the receivers, where they like the blal thrown at and the timing of the throw. i think this is what is hurting him

Originally posted by lotion
If the story is true, which I doubt, I'm not thrilled about his judgement while I agree with the cause. A first round pick should be smarter than busting heads in a sports bar, right or wrong.
I was particularly touched with the details of the story, it's almost like a camera or tape recorde must have been running to get that level of detail.
Poignant, a true tour de force of sports bar melodrama.

The story is plausible. Hero's, never plan their acts of heroism, they just react to the moment.

Phillip Rivers, stated that he would not tolerate someone dissing an elderly lady, because that is the way he was raised. I believe the story.

Every once in a while a man has to do what a man has to do....damn the consequences.:D

Originally posted by Can we win a SB
Im tired of everyone ripping Phillip Rivers, he is a good quarterback. There are some quarterbacks in the league and history of the nfl that doesnt have a great long ball arm but can get it there.. thats the situation with Phillip RIvers.. He can throw the long ball fine its just that he has to get use to the receivers, where they like the blal thrown at and the timing of the throw. i think this is what is hurting him
i watched the first quarter of the senior bowl, and rivers looked pretty damn good to me. as little time the receivers have to work on timing with the QB, i'd say "more than damn good!";)

Back
Top Bottom