A question for Dolphin's fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A question for Dolphin's fans

ganooch

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I am a long time Jets fan and love the rivalry between the Jets and Dolphins. I follow the other teams in the AFC East as much as I can but these days I cannot follow as closely as I once did. I have a question for you guys. THE dolphins have improved a lot over the past year and are definately a team on the rise. What do you think the Dolphins biggest weakness(s) are this upcoming season. It is quite obvious what problems the Jets have but would like to hear from you guys.

Defensive Secondary would be the biggest weakness, everything else we have is pretty good, but we have a lot of new guys back there in the secondary

QB if for some reason Culpepper cant go for a few games might be a problem because Harrington is underperforming so far in camp

and

The Offensive line held its own last year, but I really hope it improves more this year

Backup Runningback might also be a concern depending how you feel about Morris

imo I think the dolphin's biggest question mark is the health of Culpepper. If healthy he may thrive in the new environment. It all hinges (no pun intended) on his knee. I did not know that Harrington is not doing too well.

- Youth and inexperience in the secondary

- Question marks at the QB position

as of right now we have a few question marks such as secondary and LB core and there is still a ? at the qb position, but in all honesty i think the biggest question mark is on our secondary just because we have a lot of young guys back there and we are yet to know how they will perform...it may not be a weakness at all if they play to their top of their game and play well so we just have to see...theres still a question at who will start at the OLB spot for us now that we didnt select ahmad brooks, its really between spragan, hodge, and newman...as for the qb situation im not as worried as people would expect, i truly believe daunte will be ready for the season and wil be our opening day starter

I know there's a ? at OLB, our Secodary is young and inexperienced but talented none the less.

miaD5499 said:
as of right now we have a few question marks such as secondary and LB core and there is still a ? at the qb position, but in all honesty i think the biggest question mark is on our secondary just because we have a lot of young guys back there and we are yet to know how they will perform...it may not be a weakness at all if they play to their top of their game and play well so we just have to see...theres still a question at who will start at the OLB spot for us now that we didnt select ahmad brooks, its really between spragan, hodge, and newman...as for the qb situation im not as worried as people would expect, i truly believe daunte will be ready for the season and wil be our opening day starter
you are better off w/o brooks. he is another headache for the bengals.

ganooch said:
who comprises the Dolphins secondary?

This guy
http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/image.php?productid=20276

Here's my fave photo of howard:
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/photos/dolphins/games/game9/36.jpg

While the opposing WR from a crappy team is scoring, Howard is practicing yoga or doing some ridiculous dance.

Our secondary cost us a few games and greatly benefitted our opponents but we have some talented young blood (Poole, Allen, Daniels) and we're going to get a lot better. :)

I love seeing class from opposing fans here at Finheaven so I'd like to start by saying thanks to ganooch.

Every team has at least one question going into any given season.

With that being said I would say the Fins BIGGEST question is the secondary. At this point there are several differnt combinations of potential lineups. There are realistically 3 guys competing for2 corner spots and 4 guys competing for 2 saftey spots.

Every one of those guys has a shot at being a starter on opening day. The 3 corners are Will Allen, Will Poole and Travis Daniels. Allen is going to be the number one corner and I think Poole will win the #2 spot. Don't rule out Andre Goodman either.

I like Jason Allen and Renaldo Hill to beat out Deke Cooper and Yerimiah Bell for the 2 safety spots. I have a lot of confidence in our secondary because that is Saban's specialty and I think he can really make this group a good one.

ganooch said:
who comprises the Dolphins secondary?

If the season started today, the starting line-up would probably be : CB Travis Daniels and Will Allen. The 2 safety's would be Renaldo Hill and Jason Allen. Whatever the final line-up is, it will have 3 newcomers. Seeing how they gel is going to be vital to the Phins season.

The other glaring Dolphin weakness is the QB spot. If C-Pepp recovers and returns to his pre-injury form then it becomes a major strength but if he struggles on his return, Joey Harrington has a lot to prove and the position becomes a weaklink.

Other potential areas for concern could be how the offensive gels with some new faces and some positional changes, and Ronnie staying injury free.

The Phins are pretty solid but the weaknesses are IMO

SOLB
Maybe #1 CB unless Allen steps up (he's been a #1 before but not exactly top flight)
Maybe QB depending on the health situation
Backup RB but only if Ronnie gets hurt otherwise Sammy is fine taking a couple carries
NT depth unless the Phins sign Big Daddy

That's all I can think of, Saban is pretty good at evaluating talent.

PatsSuck456 said:
Hey ganooch why do you have a chicken in your avy?
sorry for the delayed answer, I was away for a while.
my avy is a ****erel (male chicken) or in Italian "?Galletti"
This is the logo for the Bari Italy Soccer Club. They are a Serie B team and it is just a way to pay homage to my grandfather's hometown.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I love seeing class from opposing fans here at Finheaven so I'd like to start by saying thanks to ganooch.

Every team has at least one question going into any given season.

With that being said I would say the Fins BIGGEST question is the secondary. At this point there are several differnt combinations of potential lineups. There are realistically 3 guys competing for2 corner spots and 4 guys competing for 2 saftey spots.

Every one of those guys has a shot at being a starter on opening day. The 3 corners are Will Allen, Will Poole and Travis Daniels. Allen is going to be the number one corner and I think Poole will win the #2 spot. Don't rule out Andre Goodman either.

I like Jason Allen and Renaldo Hill to beat out Deke Cooper and Yerimiah Bell for the 2 safety spots. I have a lot of confidence in our secondary because that is Saban's specialty and I think he can really make this group a good one.
Thank you for the compliment. I like many others here am a "football fan" I love the game and will watch college,pro, and even high school. It is interesting to hear what fans have to say about their own team. Their are always the "homers" who some are just delusional and think their team is the best. I am a realist and a jets fan. The Jets have a lot of holes to fill but I am confident that the new guys will turn things around. I am patient, and have been for the past 30 years.

Back
Top Bottom