A question for Dolphin's fans | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A question for Dolphin's fans

ganooch said:
Thank you for the compliment. I like many others here am a "football fan" I love the game and will watch college,pro, and even high school. It is interesting to hear what fans have to say about their own team. Their are always the "homers" who some are just delusional and think their team is the best. I am a realist and a jets fan. The Jets have a lot of holes to fill but I am confident that the new guys will turn things around. I am patient, and have been for the past 30 years.

Yeah I remember trying find a way to think we were going to be good in 2004. But truth was, our offense was horrendous. I'm just thankful we got Wansted out of here and brought in the grand puba, Nick Saban. Do you think you could get that same turn around from Mangini?

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Yeah I remember trying find a way to think we were going to be good in 2004. But truth was, our offense was horrendous. I'm just thankful we got Wansted out of here and brought in the grand puba, Nick Saban. Do you think you could get that same turn around from Mangini?
Mangini is still an unknown. The pedigree is there and both he and Saban have connections to Bill B. I think Mangini and Tannenbaum are going about things the right way so far but only time will tell. It would only be typical that mangini does not do too well with the Jets, gets fired or quits (which seems to be the thing to do for Jet's coaches) and then he lands somewhere else and wins a couple of super bowls.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I love seeing class from opposing fans here at Finheaven so I'd like to start by saying thanks to ganooch.

Every team has at least one question going into any given season.

With that being said I would say the Fins BIGGEST question is the secondary. At this point there are several differnt combinations of potential lineups. There are realistically 3 guys competing for2 corner spots and 4 guys competing for 2 saftey spots.

Every one of those guys has a shot at being a starter on opening day. The 3 corners are Will Allen, Will Poole and Travis Daniels. Allen is going to be the number one corner and I think Poole will win the #2 spot. Don't rule out Andre Goodman either.

I like Jason Allen and Renaldo Hill to beat out Deke Cooper and Yerimiah Bell for the 2 safety spots. I have a lot of confidence in our secondary because that is Saban's specialty and I think he can really make this group a good one.

I'd like to echo Aqua.

Very cool to have divisional fans on here who are respectful and not looking to talk crap.

Welcome.

What about the fins front seven? they don't seem to be getting any younger. I knw the NFL is now a league where you are a doormat one year and a superbowl champ the next but are the dolphins, on a win now track or do they have some time?

ganooch said:
What about the fins front seven? they don't seem to be getting any younger. I knw the NFL is now a league where you are a doormat one year and a superbowl champ the next but are the dolphins, on a win now track or do they have some time?
Both..Zach and Jason are going to start Declining in the next year or 2..but I think the days of rebuilding are over in the NFL. I dont see the Phins signing a lot of high priced veteran free agents for a "push" just adding veteran quality.

Back
Top Bottom