A question for you guys | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A question for you guys

I am of the opinion that both Rodgers AND the Green Bay front office have handled this about as well as Shaggy and Scooby would handle a thermonuclear weapon. Rodgers has an ego the size of Wisconsin...but the front office knew this. If they were going to move on from him and NOT give him exactly what he wanted, they should have done it some time ago.

Reports out of Packers OTA’s is Love is looking much better than last year. He obviously isn’t Rogers but the Packers drafted Love to be their QB after Rogers. While Rogers is still a great QB, he isn’t getting any younger. The Packers could trade him now and get plenty of high draft picks they can use in the future to build around Love.
Since Rogers doesn’t appear to want to remain with the Packers, they should get as much as they can for him in a trade and begin the Love era in Green Bay, IMO.

money will make it all go away. if the packers open up their wallets and pay him a record amount of $, he will come back happily.

if not, he is probably thinking to himself he can make $12 mil a year doing Jeopordy working 46 days in a year, without getting smoked by 250 lb missile linebackers or dealing with the pressures of winning it all each year. and he'd have the rest of the year free to do whatever other business ventures he wanted to make up the difference in $.

its all about the $. dont let anyone let you think otherwise. its always about the $. not just for money's sake, but what it represents. respect, power, admiration.
I agree, I think money can be a major healing medicine.
Even if you are already worth a100 million, more money is an appeal. It just changes the amount that gets your attention.
Very few of us turn down money for an ideal.

Reports out of Packers OTA’s is Love is looking much better than last year. He obviously isn’t Rogers but the Packers drafted Love to be their QB after Rogers. While Rogers is still a great QB, he isn’t getting any younger. The Packers could trade him now and get plenty of high draft picks they can use in the future to build around Love.
Since Rogers doesn’t appear to want to remain with the Packers, they should get as much as they can for him in a trade and begin the Love era in Green Bay, IMO.
I agree with this. I do not know how good Love is now (or will be) but I would trade Rogers for draft pics.
For humor, watch the draft picks be placed on WRs and OL.

I hope it’s ok if I ask you guys what do you guys think of this Rodgers situation? I know this isn’t Dolphins related so please forgive me for that. I predict you guys go 11-5 and win your division by the way.
My take is that it was a long time coming. I could sense a little frustration with Mccarthy as the years went on and rightfully so. He wasn't the same coach who got them to a super bowl.

The issue now is the fact that they were a game away from the super bowl. But retained pettine and failed to get rodgers more weapons. They return to the super bowl where they played a team with great weapons and a hell of a DC.

As a competitor rodgers has consistently fallen short because of the decision makers around him. Everyone and thier mother knew to go for it on fourth and goal last year. He has simply gotten tired of not getting to where he wants to be

I hope it’s ok if I ask you guys what do you guys think of this Rodgers situation? I know this isn’t Dolphins related so please forgive me for that. I predict you guys go 11-5 and win your division by the way.
I think they dissed him drafting a developmental QB in round 1, whilst knocking on the door of the Super Bowl!

Back
Top Bottom