A question for you guys | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A question for you guys

Which teams would you consider the Dolphins biggest Allies? We know which teams you guys hate the most but what teams would you say you guys get along the most with or have hardly a rivalry with?
Yeah, I don't think "allies" is the right word...maybe is there a team you have a soft spot for, or a team you root for once the Dolphins would be eliminated? Or if it can't be the Dolphins, who would I root for?
I always tend to root for underdogs, teams that haven't won anything EVER (Lions), or teams that haven't won it all in decades.
I was glad to see the Chiefs get a Super Bowl win, because they waited forever. But now I'm done with them, although Mahomes is a player for the ages.
We've waited forever. Our turn now.

Yeah, I don't think "allies" is the right word...maybe is there a team you have a soft spot for, or a team you root for once the Dolphins would be eliminated? Or if it can't be the Dolphins, who would I root for?
I always tend to root for underdogs, teams that haven't won anything EVER (Lions), or teams that haven't won it all in decades.
I was glad to see the Chiefs get a Super Bowl win, because they waited forever. But now I'm done with them, although Mahomes is a player for the ages.
We've waited forever. Our turn now.
What I meant is teams that don’t hate the Dolphins instead of Allies.

I don’t see teams having other teams as allies. Sometimes another team beating a team in your division is helpful but that’s just part of the game.

The object of the game is to beat every team you play. So having another team as an ally really makes no sense at all.

Dude we are twins….i became a Dolphin fan in1972/73 bc the Dolphins beat the deadskins in the superbowl and I grew up in a suburb of DC - as 7 year old I enjoyed watching the Redskins lose….in 1982/83 I was a senior in HS and I was in everyone’s face before the superbowl and got crushed….seeing the redskins get clobbered was truly a fan favorite!
I was stationed in Norfolk from the early to mid '80s and hated it. All they ever did was talk about the Redskins.

January 30/31, 1983, I was floating somewhere in the Mediterranean listening to the game on sound powered phones while on watch. Someone had illegally piped it in somehow from the Armed Forces Radio Network. It was devastating at the end.

I'll always admire Joe Gibbs and John Riggins but I hated the Redskins with a passion - but not as much as the Jets, hahaha. FTJ!

And about those 49ers not long after - same scenario. Maybe that's why I left the Navy...

Which teams would you consider the Dolphins biggest Allies? We know which teams you guys hate the most but what teams would you say you guys get along the most with or have hardly a rivalry with?

I don't like "allies,' but there are two teams I enjoy watching and, mostly winning. Raiders and Rams.

I was stationed in Norfolk from the early to mid '80s and hated it. All they ever did was talk about the Redskins.

January 30/31, 1983, I was floating somewhere in the Mediterranean listening to the game on sound powered phones while on watch. Someone had illegally piped it in somehow from the Armed Forces Radio Network. It was devastating at the end.

I'll always admire Joe Gibbs and John Riggins but I hated the Redskins with a passion - but not as much as the Jets, hahaha. FTJ!

And about those 49ers not long after - same scenario. Maybe that's why I left the Navy...
It’s extremely difficult to be a Dolphin fan. An 11 on 10 scale….thankfully the redskins suck more! Thanks for your service to America!

There are no allies. And anyone that says they have a "second favorite team" isn't a real fan.
That's nonsense. I live here in Charlotte so I hope the Panthers do well. When they do it brings money into the city and makes going to live games more fun. So am I a Panthers fan? Nah, not really. Do I hope they win vs 30 other teams, sure.

There's zero problem liking more than one team. It's like saying anybody who liked Breaking Bad isn't a real fan of Mad Men. This is just entertainment.

It was the Chiefs for a long time until they started winning a ton of superbowls.

We would trade back and forth with them over the years alot.

Now I'd say it's prob Tampa, we do alot of joint practices with them.

My first thought was the New York Giants for beating the hated Patriots twice in the super bowl.

Honestly, besides Miami winning the SB's, those were probably my two next favorites.

Came in to reply with this. That and the fact that their fans also hate the Jets.

Though I’d never consider a “second team” in any sport and I don’t pull for the Giants outside of those two football games.

On a weekly basis I pull for whichever team helps the Dolphins in the standings/playoff positioning.

That's nonsense. I live here in Charlotte so I hope the Panthers do well. When they do it brings money into the city and makes going to live games more fun. So am I a Panthers fan? Nah, not really. Do I hope they win vs 30 other teams, sure.

There's zero problem liking more than one team. It's like saying anybody who liked Breaking Bad isn't a real fan of Mad Men. This is just entertainment.
Do you call them your "second favorite team"?

That's what i was going to say

I like teams that beat the Jets , Bills and Pats

At least for one week
Yeah, for many years, it was whoever was playing the Cheatriots. Maybe now anyone playing the Bills. (Dammit, Mfer, Kadarious Toney! Line up onsides, you're not doing anything on the play!! Division title and 2 home playoff games!)

Back
Top Bottom