A Realistic Mock Draft to Give you guys an idea of what Miami might do | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Realistic Mock Draft to Give you guys an idea of what Miami might do

Originally posted by canesandphins1
hope you are not to attached to them

To the receivers?

One of those guys will have something knock them down the chart on most teams and not every team is in the dire need that we are. It happens every year.

You watch. One will be there in the third.

please no more finesse guys on o-line, i want a power guy, who is physical and punishes on every play, is someone like that available with our range of picks we have ?

Originally posted by Al13
please no more finesse guys on o-line, i want a power guy, who is physical and punishes on every play, is someone like that available with our range of picks we have ?

1st-Robert Gallery, Shaun Andrews or Ben Wilkerson
If they are not there.
1st-Chris Snee, David Baas, or Jonathan Clinkscale
Not available? Go back to Tackle
Michael Munoz, Nat Dorsey, Ray Willis, or Jacob Rogers

They are all NFL caliber starters!

One of 10 guys has to make it down 20 picks. I like our chances.

All anybody needs to do to compare Phillip Rivers to an equivalent is look at Casey Clausen.

He was supposed to be a god send that would lead the team to back to back titles. He appeared that way at first and then.....

Donte Stallworth resides in the NFL.
Kelley Washington resides in the NFL.
Eric Parker resides in the NFL.

As a matter of fact....

I would submit to you that Casey Clausen is a better QB than Phillip Rivers and both of them will probably never be a successful NFL quarterback.

I'm starting to re-consider whether the Fins should draft a quarterback in the first round. If we sign Brunell and bring back either Fiedler or Griese as a backup, I think we could either draft a QB in the later rounds or wait until next year.

I would love to see an o-lineman like Vernon Carey or, a receiver like Michael Clayton, Rashaun Woods, or Lee Evans.

Clumped -

Jaj is assuming that we do not match an offer on Ogunleye and get a second first-round pick instead. Under his scenario, we draft with that pick (whatever position that may turn out to be) and trade our #20 selection for a second, third, and fifth.

I think it would be a mistake to draft a qb in the first especially if we are going to sign a veteren like Brunell or Warner. O-line and wide receiver are the necessity. I really agree with the John Gallery pick IF he is available otherwise i would go with Michael Clayton, Lee Evans or Vernon Carey.

A joke Sammie Parker in the third? Why? Shaun McDonald went in the fourth and Parker has better size and speed than him so why is it such a stretch. If you actually knew what the hell you were talking about you would know that Matt Schaub has risen alot. He is borderline first round now.

Parker could be a #2 in the NFL and Rivers had one real good WR and that's it!! AWESOME #'s!!

Originally posted by Jaj
A joke Sammie Parker in the third? Why? Shaun McDonald went in the fourth and Parker has better size and speed than him so why is it such a stretch. If you actually knew what the hell you were talking about you would know that Matt Schaub has risen alot. He is borderline first round now.

What? You know what you are talking about?

Don't you mean to say that your source is better than my source? Or would you have me believe that you have seen all these kids play. Oh, I know. You have a scout team at your disposal. Okay.

This team will not draft a QB number 1. Bank on it.

BTW.... My source (couldn't reveal it to ya or I'd have to kill ya) says that Parker should be drafted at best after 25 other wide receivers have been drafted. I think that would put him around the 4th or 5th round. Then you would be a genius for hitting the mark within 100 draft picks :huh:

And Matt Schaub? I watched Clemson beat them live. Two picks against one of the worst pass defenses in College Football.

Personally I find your "analysis" of players is more often mistaken than not. I really enjoyed the line of Mobley and Al Wilson being underrated. By who? :rolleyes:

A piece of advice.....Find another source.

Last edited by a moderator:
Draft talk is amazingly silly until a few weeks before the draft when most of FA to that point is set and any trades/cuts etc get dealt with.

Until then there is no point.

Shaun Andrews...a monster runblocker to force teams to honor the play fake. Ricky will thrive even more with him playing. If you are not changing coaches why bring a rook QB in? Sage has paid his dues, and there are good vet chances of value to add (McMahaon and Brunell) and Trent Dilfer may be available also for cap value.
Rivers looks like around 3 or later pick at the most. I would wait and see if he drops to round four.
You need big OL help and a vet QB would fit in nice with your silide skill talent core. Fiedler and griese are cap hits that are backupmaterial. Cut one and waive the other.
Ogunleye is solid, if you lose him at least add value. Taylor's presence has made him great too, he is good in his own right as well.

You have WR talent, the arm that throws is the issue. Add line size at RT, slide the tackle down to guard, and start zoneblocking. Andrews is a grade A priority. Support WR can come midround the draft is VERY deep there.
Some defensive support players/special teamers mid to late, keep things intact. Faith in wanny and his players could have a carryover to acutal live time playing! You are close, the answer at QB is already in the league or on your team (Sage). The front line needs bulk upgrades and the support and role players can round it out. New faces on special teams to match a special teams coach. Round it out and win !

I really hope we don't go QB in the first round . . . or even the second or third. Bring in somebody proven like Brunell. He was looking pretty good at the start of the season for Jacksonville before being benched for Leftwich. Plus, that was while Jimmy Smith was out, Kevin Johnson had not been acquired, and Fred Taylor was not rushing well (except for one game I believe).

Other than that, I really don't know what to say about the draft right now. The offensive line obviously needs a little help. Although, I really liked what Jeff Fisher had to say about Wade Smith. I live in Nashville and really respect anything Fisher has to say football-wise. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Vernon Carey.

We are going to need a wide receiver, but I'm not too sold on many of the standouts coming out this year. To be fair, I haven't gotten to see some of them play (like Evans).

I would not mind seeing us try and get a little more depth on defense with our draft picks actually. Safety is definitely one position to look at. Marion is not getting any younger, and Freeman is a FA. I like Knight, but are we planning on giving him an extension in the next year or two? I say all this with one person in mind . . . and that is Sean Taylor. In all probability, he might be gone (depends on where our pick is after trades and what not). Still, he's a playmaker the same way Ed Reed was (and has been for Baltimore). I don't think anybody hits harder.

And what about cornerbacks? I think it's safe to say Fletcher is never going to pan out. Buckley is probably gone. Surtain should probably get an extension. Madison will have to take a paycut to stay, but his play has declined A LOT over the last two seasons. Do we have anybody else?

Back
Top Bottom