A request for the Mods RE: Training Camp Reports | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A request for the Mods RE: Training Camp Reports

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you guys have something set up already, but I do have a request. If you guys are going to merge all training camp report threads into one thread like you guys did for the mini-camp reports, please make the thread closed so that nobody can post in it, and there will only be the training camp reports.

Last time, IMO, it was a bit of a pain to have to scroll through about 40+ comments and other posts (that are often not even on topic) before you find the next TC report because it's all been merged together.

I think perhaps a single merged thread for TC reports, and a single merged threat for TC report discussion, Stickied to the top, might be in order. But, I don't know it's completely up to you guys. I just wanted to give my suggestion so that FH board members don't miss out on any reports given by fellow FH posters, and don't have undue burden scrolling through post after post trying to find the reports either. I know some people may be working with slower internet connections and scrolling through 10 pages of posts to find 3 or 4 TC reports can be a REAL pain in the neck...

Please move this thread where you feel it is appropriate. Thanks!

CK

Well, in any case that sounds like a great idea. You're right that mini-camp one was a #@$%@ to try and read.

I don't see why individual TC reports couldn't all just be posted by the respective TC attendants? What is the point of having a message board if all your going to do is merge everything together?

Let the original camp reports stay in their own threads with comments following each one.

I think that whoever writes a report should just post their own thread for that specific report. Than people can discuss that particular report in it's own thread.

RonnieExpress said:
I don't see why individual TC reports couldn't all just be posted by the respective TC attendants? What is the point of having a message board if all your going to do is merge everything together?

Let the original camp reports stay in their own threads with comments following each one.

This or either CK's request not to merge and put them by themselves, it was hard to read throught and figure out which was which..and ppl commenting on one report under the next report when they meant the first report, that made it very confusing, just like what I just wrote.. :lol:

I agree with you CK. I think that let the camp reporters make a thread about what happened and then close it. There should be another thread about the disscusion of what happened.

MDFINFAN said:
This or either CK's request not to merge and put the by themselves, it was hard to read throught and figure out which was which..and ppl commenting on one report under the next report when they meant the first report, that made it very confusing, just like what I just wrote.. :lol:

Well people need to comment on the thread topic of the thread they are in. Can't protect the public from everything. ;)

I really have to agree with CK, those 10 page threads were just too time consuming reading EVERYONE's thoughts....

My only concern with separate reports and separate threads completely, is that FH really ought to be featuring the TC reports done by our hardworking posters who post them for the folks that can not be there. Threads get lost. Perhaps if each TC report thread was Stickied, but that would also be a lot of threads to Sticky like that...

Way back I remember they had all the TC report threads moved to the Commentary section or something. That worked I think. I wouldn't want a TC report to get buried just cuz nobody had posted in it for a few hours...

ckparrothead said:
My only concern with separate reports and separate threads completely, is that FH really ought to be featuring the TC reports done by our hardworking posters who post them for the folks that can not be there. Threads get lost. Perhaps if each TC report thread was Stickied, but that would also be a lot of threads to Sticky like that...

Way back I remember they had all the TC report threads moved to the Commentary section or something. That worked I think. I wouldn't want a TC report to get buried just cuz nobody had posted in it for a few hours...

Good point..Each post should get the degree of respect and time it took for these guys to write them up..Agree with you on this one.

MDFINFAN said:
Good point..Each post should get the degree of respect and time it took for these guys to write them up..Agree with you on this one.
Yeah definitely. I look forward to these reports more than anything else on this board and really appreciate the hard work people like ozzy and dude put into it.

Do not merge them

The way it worked best was to let the camp reporters link them to a page set up for them. Plus let the individual reports stand on its own in the main forum. So if anyone wants to see if a reply, or a question was asked, or answered all they have to do is check that persons link on the main camp page.

Put them on a web page. I, like most everyone would love to thank the reporters in each thread, but that gets a little long. With no ability on this board to go to the first unread post, I agree that there needs to be some way to keep all the little questions and comments out of the soup.

Back
Top Bottom