A-Rod leaning toward playing for Dominican Republic | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A-Rod leaning toward playing for Dominican Republic

FaninPatsyLand said:
His point Mike, is that the guy simply isn't a winner. He's the Anti-Clutch, and if he ever wins a ring (which I doubt), it won't be him carrying that team.. you can bet on that.

He simply sucks in the postseason... it's a great thing really.

Was Ernie Banks a winner? Ted Williams? Yaz? Bonds? None of those guys were "winners" yet I don't see them being called OVERATED!

FaninPatsyLand said:
His point Mike, is that the guy simply isn't a winner. He's the Anti-Clutch, and if he ever wins a ring (which I doubt), it won't be him carrying that team.. you can bet on that.

He simply sucks in the postseason... it's a great thing really.
Do you hold the same sentiments for Dan Marino?

finswin56 said:

EXACTLY! A stats monster who never won anything. You can still be a great player and not win anything. Be anti-clutch....yadda yadda yadda.

finswin56 said:

Did Marino come up short EVERY TIME his team needed him? Was he utter disaster in the postseason?

If I remember correctly, he came up huge in a regular season game in '85 against the Bears. ;) That's something that A-Rod has NEVER done throughout his entire career. But he's good to tack on that 3-run homer in the 8th against the D-Rays to widen the Yankee lead to 11 runs.

There's a difference between not having the talent around you (or on your team) to do it, and simply not being a winner.

MikeO said:
EXACTLY! A stats monster who never won anything. You can still be a great player and not win anything. Be anti-clutch....yadda yadda yadda.

Yadda Yadda Yadda, read above..

Arod Sucks. :lol:

I'd take a Tino Martinez in his prime any day over an ARod.

More clutch, fewer bucks.

NaboCane said:
I'd take a Tino Martinez in his prime any day over an ARod.

More clutch, fewer bucks.

Tino over AROD..........thats just stupid! Stupid on every level Im sorry.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Did Marino come up short EVERY TIME his team needed him? Was he utter disaster in the postseason?

If I remember correctly, he came up huge in a regular season game in '85 against the Bears. ;) That's something that A-Rod has NEVER done throughout his entire career. But he's good to tack on that 3-run homer in the 8th against the D-Rays to widen the Yankee lead to 11 runs.

There's a difference between not having the talent around you (or on your team) to do it, and simply not being a winner.

Marino didn't have talent around him? Please......he had a hall of fame coach, a hall of fame center, and enough "good" talent to go to 1 Super Bowl and 2 other AFC Championship games.

And now AROD has never come up big...ever? LOL, ok, how about that bomb he hit off Schilling this year to win that game at Boston. Guess that doesn't count. How about that 3 home run game this year vs LAA where he almost hit the home run cycle in one game. The examples are endless and if AROD went ot Boston back in 2003 or whenever you guys would be hanging off his johnson.....

MikeO said:
Tino over AROD..........thats just stupid! Stupid on every level Im sorry.

:lol: Ah, Mike. The fact that you believe that strengthens my belief that I'm on the right track.

FaninPatsyLand said:

Well, I don't persoally believe that about Dan, but that's the rationale that most Marino bashers use.

Just count me as one of those people who think the criticism of ARod is overboard. The guy is a great talent. The guy is also not clutch. But, to use sweeping statements such as "That's something that A-Rod has NEVER done throughout his entire career. But he's good to tack on that 3-run homer in the 8th against the D-Rays to widen the Yankee lead to 11 runs," doesn't help your argument. Because it is obviously not true.

If you wanted to say he usually comes up short, then you'd be accurate.

I agree finswin. Red Sox fans make it seem like A-Rod sucks at playing baseball LMAO. A-Rod is all about himself, he isn't clutch, and he's scared of challenges (and ruining his image) but that doesn't mean he's a crappy baseball player. All these Red Sox fans were salivating to have this guy on their team 2 years back LMAO, now the guy sucks. Hindsight is always 20/20. I'm not a big A-Rod supporter (meaning A-Rod the person) but let's not make it like this guy is Brian Taylor, or some bust like that!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I agree finswin. Red Sox fans make it seem like A-Rod sucks at playing baseball LMAO. A-Rod is all about himself, he isn't clutch, and he's scared of challenges (and ruining his image) but that doesn't mean he's a crappy baseball player. All these Red Sox fans were salivating to have this guy on their team 2 years back LMAO, now the guy sucks. Hindsight is always 20/20. I'm not a big A-Rod supporter (meaning A-Rod the person) but let's not make it like this guy is Brian Taylor, or some bust like that!

Nice generalization. Count me as one who was AGAINST trading Manny for that loser 2 years ago. Wouldn't have done it at the time of the trade, and wouldn't do it now either.

Nice post though... :lol:

As a baseball fan, and hater of BOTH the Yanks and Sox, let me tell you this... Every time I hear a Red Sox fan say something about how A Rod "sucks" it smacks of jealousy and immaturity. People can hate him all they want, but those type of comments can't be taken seriously.

Apparently, There are plenty of reasons to hate A Rod. Sucking, is not one of them.

finswin56 said:
As a baseball fan, and hater of BOTH the Yanks and Sox, let me tell you this... Every time I hear a Red Sox fan say something about how A Rod "sucks" it smacks of jealousy and immaturity. People can hate him all they want, but those type of comments can't be taken seriously.

Apparently, There are plenty of reasons to hate A Rod. Sucking, is not one of them.

I agree with this too. I don't think arod "sucks," just that if I'm a GM and have to balance the books and win games too, I prefer to sign a lot of guys with that $25M a year then one awesome defensive shortstop that hits when it doesn't count. I mean, he puts up stats, but he's no Reggie Jackson, or Harmon Killebrew, or Mickey Mantle, or Hank Aaron, or even that fat guy who played for the Tigers a few years back.

And in the clutch, he ain't no Tino Martinez. Living in Seattle, I know, given that Tino almost single-handedly knocked the Mariners out of the playoffs in '95, a year after the sailors let him go to the Yanks.

Again, living in Seattle, believe me I hear a lot of the anti-arod sentiment. But fact is, 100% of those who criticize him would do exactly what he did given the opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom