A-Rod leaning toward playing for Dominican Republic | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A-Rod leaning toward playing for Dominican Republic

Hmmm...born in New York, raised in Miami, then moved to Seattle, Dallas and New York. Of course he should play for the DR. Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Apart from the Dominican citizenship application that's sure to be fast-tracked and approved in the next few weeks, has A-Rod actually ever spent any time there? Maybe some of the guys who were born on American military bases in Germany or Japan could try to join those teams. Hell, at least they were actually born within the boundaries of those countries. A-Rod was born 2000 miles away from the DR. What a friggin' joke. Just another reason to hate A-Fraud.

(I'm going to ignore the usual inane Red Sox-Yanks prattle in this thread and the ridiculous A-Rod sucks arguments.)

NaboCane said:
And in the clutch, he ain't no Tino Martinez. Living in Seattle, I know, given that Tino almost single-handedly knocked the Mariners out of the playoffs in '95, a year after the sailors let him go to the Yanks.

You do realize that Tino was BENCHED in the 1996 playoffs for a 500lb Cecil Fielder. He was also benched in numerous playoff games in the 1998 and 1999 for doing nothing!

phunwin said:
(I'm going to ignore the usual inane Red Sox-Yanks prattle in this thread and the ridiculous A-Rod sucks arguments.)

You mean a debate of wanting TINO over ARod isn't something you want to jump into.....:rofl3: :rofl3: :lol: :lol: Whats next, Louis Sojo over Arod! :lol: ;)

NaboCane said:
I agree with this too. I don't think arod "sucks," just that if I'm a GM and have to balance the books and win games too, I prefer to sign a lot of guys with that $25M a year then one awesome defensive shortstop that hits when it doesn't count. I mean, he puts up stats, but he's no Reggie Jackson, or Harmon Killebrew, or Mickey Mantle, or Hank Aaron, or even that fat guy who played for the Tigers a few years back.

And in the clutch, he ain't no Tino Martinez. Living in Seattle, I know, given that Tino almost single-handedly knocked the Mariners out of the playoffs in '95, a year after the sailors let him go to the Yanks.

Again, living in Seattle, believe me I hear a lot of the anti-arod sentiment. But fact is, 100% of those who criticize him would do exactly what he did given the opportunity.
Good points Nabo. Although, I'm still not on board w/ your Tino over A Rod thing;)

MikeO said:
You mean a debate of wanting TINO over ARod isn't something you want to jump into.....:rofl3: :rofl3: :lol: :lol: Whats next, Louis Sojo over Arod! :lol: ;)

I know. I'm sorry, but the idea of Tino being more valuable in any way than A-Rod really defies description. I can't stand the prick, but only a fool would refuse to acknowledge that A-Fraud is one of the top 5 players in the game today, even if you take into account his playoff failures.

finswin56 said:
As a baseball fan, and hater of BOTH the Yanks and Sox, let me tell you this... Every time I hear a Red Sox fan say something about how A Rod "sucks" it smacks of jealousy and immaturity. People can hate him all they want, but those type of comments can't be taken seriously.

Apparently, There are plenty of reasons to hate A Rod. Sucking, is not one of them.

Gotta love the pot shots...

Get off your high horse. It's pathetic..

By the way, as a "immature and jealous" Red Sox fan, there's no other Yankee I'd rather up with the game on the line.

Great post! :rolleyes:

Well now that ARods off the team we can upgrade his spot by putting Tino Martinez on the team :p

Back
Top Bottom