A-Rod... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A-Rod...

Jt0323

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Did anyone see the Yankees game? Man i was surprised that A-Rod got 2 home runs then w/ the bases loaded i wanted him to get another but i was like the chances of that happening was very slim...then Bam a Grand Slam...What a great Preformance...also Andy Philips hit the ball hard...hes going to be good imo

Jt0323 said:
Did anyone see the Yankees game? Man i was surprised that A-Rod got 2 home runs then w/ the bases loaded i wanted him to get another but i was like the chances of that happening was very slim...then Bam a Grand Slam...What a great Preformance...also Andy Philips hit the ball hard...hes going to be good imo

Typical A-Rod, the guy puts up the most meaningless stats ever.

I swear, he is like Brian Daubach a few years ago with the Red Sox. He'll drive in about 5 runs one night when the score is already 9-0, but when a big situation comes along... the guy is nowhere to be found. I'm so glad he's a Yankee.. that organization and him belong together.

A-Rod's only been here one year. I admit he has been inconsistant with RISP but I trust his talent and I think he will overcome his fears in NY. As the years go on and he is thrust into more big games and more in the spotlight, A-Rod will be the player who the Yankees turn to in big situations (along with Derek Jeter who will always shine in the spotlight when the game is on the line), mark it down right now!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
A-Rod's only been here one year. I admit he has been inconsistant with RISP but I trust his talent and I think he will overcome his fears in NY. As the years go on and he is thrust into more big games and more in the spotlight, A-Rod will be the player who the Yankees turn to in big situations (along with Derek Jeter who will always shine in the spotlight when the game is on the line), mark it down right now!

I'm waiting, the guy is 28-9?? and hasn't shown the first sign of it yet..

The only thing he has shown is that he can bring down teams, he's quite good at that.

and it's funny how you Red Sox fans change. I remember two years ago all of the Red Sox fans and players acting like A-Rod was the next coming of Ted Williams when word was out he was going to be donning their uniform. Funny how things change. Wasn't Millar who went on SportsCenter riding A-Rod's nuts about how he was going to be the Sox next shortstop EVEN WHEN NOMAR WAS STILL YOUR SHORTSTOP LMAO. These same Red Sox fans cursing A-Rod were the same guys creaming in their pants over him when they thought he was coming to Beantown. I love it!

FaninPatsyLand said:

I swear, he is like Brian Daubach a few years ago with the Red Sox. He'll drive in about 5 runs one night when the score is already 9-0, but when a big situation comes along... the guy is nowhere to be found. I'm so glad he's a Yankee.. that organization and him belong together.

Bitter much? And what do you mean "meaningless" stats? The guy gave his team 10 runs and locked in a win for the Yankees. Last time I checked, winning was the major goal for the team...unless of course you're the Red Sox (and their fans), there upon the major goal of the team is to trash A-Rod. Which we all know is just bitterness rearing it's ugly head again.

And don't try and tell me you wouldn't want A-Rod on your team. That's like saying you wouldn't want a Carlos Beltran, Randy Johnson or Albert Pujols on your team. If you get the chance to put one of the top 2 or 3 guys at his position on your team, you do it. So don't sit there and tell me you wouldn't take A-Rod over 31 yr. old, life time avergae .291, "lucky if i'll break 80 home runs in my career" Bill Mueller.

It's funny how Boston beats the Yankees and are still chasing the Yankees. It's funny how Boston beats the Yankees and are still jealous of the Yankees. That's why the Red Sox fans and players are talking so much. No matter how many times they beat the Yankees (which has only been once might I add) their always gonna be the Yankees b*tch. They're still chasing the Yankees even though their techincally ahead of the Yankees (since their the defending champs). The Yankees are all class which was proved when they came out for the Red Sox ring ceremony and the Red Sox are all trash, as proved by all the talking they did after they beat the Yankees, something the Yankees didn't do after they won the ALCS in 2003. The city of Boston wants to be New York and the Red Sox want to be the Yankees. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do when your admiring from afar!

FaninPatsyLand said:

Typical Red Sox fan...can't give credit where credit is due. :shakeno:

You Yankee fans deserve that choker, you two are a perfect fit.
Funny how ONE time and we're labelled chokers, yet your 80 years of choking are magically erased by one fluke year. :lol:

Exactly Pagan. The Yankees will stand on the steps and clap when Boston received their rings even after everything Boston has said about A-Rod and the Yankees in general. But Boston fans can't even have enough sense to admit A-Rod had a hell of a night when he put on a memorable performance, one that will live with him forever!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Exactly Pagan. The Yankees will stand on the steps and clap when Boston received their rings even after everything Boston has said about A-Rod and the Yankees in general. But Boston fans can't even have enough sense to admit A-Rod had a hell of a night when he put on a memorable performance, one that will live with him forever!

ITS ONE GAME. :roflmao:

Is there any doubt the guy is the most overpaid, overhyped and overrated player in baseball??

Pagan said:
:shakeno:

Funny how ONE time and we're labelled chokers, yet your 80 years of choking are magically erased by one fluke year. :lol:

Probably the most accurate statement ever spoken by man....

Pagan said:
Typical Red Sox fan...can't give credit where credit is due. :shakeno:

Fine, he really lit it up in APRIL. :roflmao: Congratulations...

By the way, when did I ever state that the Yankees were chokers?? Granted they do own the Greatest Choke in Sports History, I never claimed them to be chokers.

If you go back and READ my original post, you will see that I labeled A-Rod a choker. He has proven that time and again, when he is in a big spot, he FAILS. Simple as that. No one can debate that until he proves otherwise.

AggieFin21 said:
So don't sit there and tell me you wouldn't take A-Rod over 31 yr. old, life time avergae .291, "lucky if i'll break 80 home runs in my career" Bill Mueller.

I do believe that this team got a h*ll of alot better when Mueller came aboard in 2003.

As for A-Rod going to Texas, and then to the Yankees. Well those two teams got worse.

Cry me a river pal..

Back
Top Bottom