A Statistical Breakdown of the Top Pass Rushers (Pt. 1, Sacks) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Statistical Breakdown of the Top Pass Rushers (Pt. 1, Sacks)

Solid stuff as always! Did you happen to get any info on Alex Okafor?

Didn't see this post initially. No, I didn't and I actually meant to and just forgot. Tonight I'll work up Okafor's numbers and put them here because I think he's creeping into a similar area as the rest of these guys.

I've added Okafor to the charts. His numbers are crazy. He had the fastest times getting to the QB even over Mingo. He had 0 coverage sacks out of 11 total sacks and had the hardest SOS outside of Ansah's weird outlier. Between this and his Senior Bowl practices, if you haven't checked him out in a little while, you probably should (I need to).

Great information. I know it's impossible to create a stat for every situation, but this is very interesting and I think telling. Mingo comes off much better in this analysis than I would have thought. And I'm glad you pointed out the talent these guys went up against especially the SEC guys. I would like to know how many times these guys were double-teammed as that tells me that offensives essentially have to game plan for that particular player (and percent of plays ran away from a certain player). Also hard to tell how much Carradine helped Werner and visa versa. It's kind of the same thing with the really good cb's. How much were they helped by players around them? But I love this post and appreciate a different way to look at the pass rushers.

okafor and mingo and carradine if healthy are pretty much the only edge hand in the dirt pass rushers i believe in in the first 3 rounds...pickins are slim

Back
Top Bottom