A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E is why Jay is the starter. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E is why Jay is the starter.

But let's say he has a career year.....will you do the same?

A career yr? Hell he had a career yr last season. No, he'll actually have to be above mediocre and lead this team somewhere by utilizing the talent he has before I'm a believer. After three yrs of suffering through watching him play and listening to the excuses made for him, I have little faith that the excuses won't continue even after he's gone. And I have even less faith that he will be successful, why should I feel any differently?

But, if I'm wrong I'll say so.

Even though the chances are about the same as me having to shovel snow off of my driveway this coming winter.

JS

That's what's gonna make it soooooo sweet when he plays lights out and takes this team all the way.......

"IIIIII'm dreaming of a Whiiiite Christmas.......EEEEEven snow in South-Flor-i-da.....":D

I have to agree with inFINSable on this topic. ;) Great article.

Remember, you take out the Buff game, and he's the 7th rated QB in the league.

Remember, you take out the Buff game, and he's the 7th rated QB in the league.

Yeah, well add the games he missed during the middle of the season ( after the usual 6 games where we're ALWAYS 5-1 or so) and he would have been right back in the bottom half of the league where he's always been.

"IIIIII'm dreaming of a Whiiiite Christmas.......EEEEEven snow in South-Flor-i-da....."

"Dreaming" being the key word there:D

JS

40744379495-1.jpg

NICE ARTICLE!

Originally posted by jetssuckSr

Yeah, well add the games he missed during the middle of the season ( after the usual 6 games where we're ALWAYS 5-1 or so) and he would have been right back in the bottom half of the league where he's always been.

How do you know that for sure?

Sounds like pure speculation to me.

I'm sorry, but that has to be one of the most ludicrous things I've ever read. Let me make sure I understand your posting. You said that we should add games missed, in which he did not play nor had any effect upon, and then blame the loses on him and give him the bad numbers? By that logic lets just say that Brian Griese is to blame as well since he wasn't there either. Or even you or me for that matter.

Whether or not you like a player, it makes zero sense to conclude what they MIGHT of done and then form an opinion based solely upon something that never existed. He might of played bad, yet might of played good. The only fact that remains is that we will never know what MIGHT of been.

If you say that since he's played bad in the past, thus proving he'll play bad in the future. Well, then that means we have to take Tampa Bay's super bowl win away since they sucked so badly as a team in the past. Sorry guys, you lose yet again.

I have to disagree with you sir on your posting.

I think what jetsucksr is trying to say is this:

Everyone gives Jay credit for how well he played before his injury. No one wants to remember how average to poor he played after he returned.

No one here feels like Jay has put together one consistent year. He has never performed over the course of a year better than average.

Until he does there will be the detractors out there and understandably so.

I am a detractor but I feel better knowing that Griese is in camp. Not because he willl be the answer but because Jay has always played better when he is competing. So I think Griese will keep him honest.

Another factor is Jay's health. His "gutsy" play causes him to take a whole lot of punishment. He just doesn't have the physique for it.

The one thing that scares me about Jay is you never know when he isn't going to show up. It seems like when its crunch time (Minny, NE, Playoffs previous years) he just doesn't show up. He doesn't always hurts us, he just doesn't make the plays we need to win. I have noticed that winnning QBs do that. The Favres, Elways, Marinos, etc. MAKE plays when the season is on t he line. If Jay can do that this year, he will win fans over. He will get more than his share of chances with teams stacking the defenses against the run.

If Jay has the year he should this year, I will be the first one on here singing his praises and proclaiming how wrong I was. It will be the tastiest crow I ever ate.

I'm sorry, but that has to be one of the most ludicrous things I've ever read. Let me make sure I understand your posting. You said that we should add games missed, in which he did not play nor had any effect upon, and then blame the loses on him and give him the bad numbers? By that logic lets just say that Brian Griese is to blame as well since he wasn't there either. Or even you or me for that matter.

First off, everytime I here the word "ludicrous" it makes me think of Mike Tyson and that squeaky voice: "That's ludicristh".

Secondly that's not what I said and that paragraph doesn't even make any sense.

Sounds like pure speculation to me.

Whether or not you like a player, it makes zero sense to conclude what they MIGHT of done and then form an opinion based solely upon something that never existed. He might of played bad, yet might of played good. The only fact that remains is that we will never know what MIGHT of been.

I'll answer these together:

No, speculation is when you guys say that because of the start JF had last yr during a period of the season that the fins have ALWAYS done well, he was destined to have a Pro-Bowl/ career year without any previous evidence of this to base this on. Myself on the other hand, I do have something to base my assumptions on ( his play) therefore it's not speculation.

If you say that since he's played bad in the past, thus proving he'll play bad in the future. Well, then that means we have to take Tampa Bay's super bowl win away since they sucked so badly as a team in the past. Sorry guys, you lose yet again.

Again, that makes no sense and has no relevance to what I said. And who were you referring to when you said "Sorry guys, you lose yet again"?

There's no mouse in my pocket and given the content of your post I see no reason for you to be running a victory lap around the stadium, yet again. lol

And good post as usual fin-atic, that's not entirely what I was saying but you're right on track.:)

JS

JFFSr rules!!! For once and for all he will put to rest all doubters this year....and that's PURE speculation!!!

Giddyyap!! woooohooooo!

Originally posted by inFINSible
That's what's gonna make it soooooo sweet when he plays lights out and takes this team all the way.......

"IIIIII'm dreaming of a Whiiiite Christmas.......EEEEEven snow in South-Flor-i-da.....":D

The defense and Ricky Williams will have just a wee bit more to do with the Fins going all the way don't you think???

Originally posted by Trekbiz

The defense and Ricky Williams will have just a wee bit more to do with the Fins going all the way don't you think???

We shall see grasshopper, we shall see......isn't that the fun part? :D......Thank God the season is here....:D

"Dreaming" being the key word there:D
JS

JSSr. While I don't think Jays the greatest QB that ever lived, I don't think he's the worst either..I think he possess as much savy as Dilfer, and B. Johnson. I think he's managing this O well..The only knock is his deep ball, which I can't understand, because he hit CC in his rookie year with it so well. But he was quietly having a good year up to his injury. You can't add the 6 games he miss and speculate that he would have gone down..actually, the Denver game was the best he'd played up to that point last year. If anything, you may say he could have kept improving. He had developed a confidence with McMicheals, threw well to ward, and the 3rd down and redzone production was great. The team was avg 27+ points at the time. One might of thought he was coming into his own finally..Even in the losses to Minn..he hit C. Carter in the hands for what would have been the winning TD. That's not his fault...In the NE game, he had his team up 11 points with 4 minutes to go...the loss, I don't blame him..He did miss an open McKnight that would have capped that game..only real mistake I saw him make..these 2 games were after the injury...O yea, he did help manage a good game against Oakland, hit some beautiful passes to CC, for a guy who's had to learn 3 offenses in 5 years...Jags, Gailey's and now Norv's, I think he does a remarkable job. I cannot defend his arm strength, which I think is his greatest weakness, other than that, I think his decision making is surperb..If he had the arm strenght to put the ball where his mind tells him, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Other than that..what other problems do you see with him..I must have missed your earlier posts concerning him.

Jay’s playoff record 1-2..... Jay’s playoff stats 1 Td 7 Ints. How do you expect this team to win the SB or get even close if your QB plays like crap in the post season.

Back
Top Bottom