A Way to Jump- Dwayne Jarrett | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Way to Jump- Dwayne Jarrett

PublixSubsRule

Practice Squad
Reaction score
After much thought I think it would be best for our team to draft 6-5 220 Dwayne Jarrett, he could be a great number 2 or 1 next year and take the double team off of chambers. In additon with him you can have a mediocer QB because of his huge wing span and jumping ability.At number nine we are in the perfect position to draft him. He is a cant miss draft pick.

In the second round i wouldn't mind drafting either Colt Brennen if he somehow falls out of the first round which i doubt, or one of the CB's that fall such as a Dameion Hughes from Cal or some other Safety like micheal Griffin if they fall, Or with our second pick we could go after a solid tackle such as a Levi Brown (who could drop...just look at what happened to Kalif Barnes 2 years ago) or someone else of that nature.

In the third I wouldnt mind drafting a DT or one of the above mentioned postions

your thoughts...

After much thought I think it would be best for our team to draft 6-5 220 Dwayne Jarrett, he could be a great number 2 or 1 next year and take the double team off of chambers. In additon with him you can have a mediocer QB because of his huge wing span and jumping ability.At number nine we are in the perfect position to draft him. He is a cant miss draft pick.

In the second round i wouldn't mind drafting either Colt Brennen if he somehow falls out of the first round which i doubt, or one of the CB's that fall such as a Dameion Hughes from Cal or some other Safety like micheal Griffin if they fall, Or with our second pick we could go after a solid tackle such as a Levi Brown (who could drop...just look at what happened to Kalif Barnes 2 years ago) or someone else of that nature.

In the third I wouldnt mind drafting a DT or one of the above mentioned postions

your thoughts...

we need O line, D line and LB as priorities

i really like jarret alot especially because the 9th pick is a great place to draft him. heres how i rank the players i want for the phins, leaveing out players that we have no chance of getting. most of these players wont fall to number 9 but we have a chance at getting at least one of them

1. Alan Branch- our young prospects on the dline are all unproven

2. Gaines Adams- can bring pressure from the linebacker and defensive end positions in the nfl

3.Dwayne Jarrett- big and has hands like suction cups

4. Laron Landry- a big hitting safety who also has good coverage skills

Jarrett is a classless punk. I know he's really talented, but I don't like TO type guys putting on the sacred dolphin uniform.

Jarrett is a classless punk. I know he's really talented, but I don't like TO type guys putting on the sacred dolphin uniform.

Yeah, it'd be a real insult to guys like Randy McMichael, Ricky Williams, Marcus Vick and Daunte Culpepper.

What the ****?

Why do you say he is a classless punk? Has he done anything to warrant that type of description or does he just seem ****y to you?

I really like Jarrett with his size and catching abilities but I just don't see him being able to get consistent separation in the NFL that a #1 wideout needs to have.

i really like jarret alot especially because the 9th pick is a great place to draft him. heres how i rank the players i want for the phins, leaveing out players that we have no chance of getting. most of these players wont fall to number 9 but we have a chance at getting at least one of them

1. Alan Branch- our young prospects on the dline are all unproven

2. Gaines Adams- can bring pressure from the linebacker and defensive end positions in the nfl

3.Dwayne Jarrett- big and has hands like suction cups

4. Laron Landry- a big hitting safety who also has good coverage skills

We wont really have a chance at getting gaines. Branch maybe, but you should have gaines ahead of branch. Branch doesnt fit the 3-4, and this team is headed towards the 3-4. He's not big enough (as in weight and muscle size, he's certainly tall though) or strong enough.

I really like Jarrett with his size and catching abilities but I just don't see him being able to get consistent separation in the NFL that a #1 wideout needs to have.

I really like him too, and you're right. The guy who runs nfldraftcountdown thinks Jarrett might run around a 4.7 at the combine. :(

your thoughts...

though i would love to draft dwayne jarrett...i cant see him getting by MINN at #7

I wouldent be disapointed Jarret, he's a physical monster. I really like Chambers and we still dont even know Hagans potential, and im not sure of Bookers contract situation, so it might be a crowded WR corps. With that said, i still wouldent mind Jarret.

we need O line, D line and LB as priorities

O Line will be filled via FA by the likes of Eric Steinbach or Leonard Davis...

LB can be found in the 2nd or 3rd rounds

NT is a priority, but that also can be found in the 2nd or 3rd round

I believe that our Offense is "first" priority this offseason

But, if we are able to fill both LT and WR prior to the draft...then we can look to go Defense for most of the draft with the exception of backup OLineman being a focus in the 2nd day of the draft :wink:

Speed folks, speed.

This team needs someone to stretch the field and open up the interior, they don't need another possession type receiver. Jarrett, at 4.6 or 4.7, probably isn't going to scare a whole lot of teams.

He is a cant miss draft pick.

your thoughts...

My thoughts are he is very far from a "can't miss prospect", as are many players. I'm not a huge fan of his at all to be honest and I don't see us going after him either. Rather have Ginn if we were going that route.

Speed folks, speed.

This team needs someone to stretch the field and open up the interior, they don't need another possession type receiver. Jarrett, at 4.6 or 4.7, probably isn't going to scare a whole lot of teams.

Well, they may be able to address that "speedster" before the draft with the likes of Kevin Curtis a candidate to replace Welker...

Also, Stalworth may be the answer, IF, Wayne Huizenga means what he said about money not going to hold him back this offseason

If I were Wayne...I'd throw Steinbach and Stalworth the money...and worry about everything else with the draft...:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom