A Way to Jump- Dwayne Jarrett | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Way to Jump- Dwayne Jarrett

I wouldent be disapointed Jarret, he's a physical monster. I really like Chambers and we still dont even know Hagans potential, and im not sure of Bookers contract situation, so it might be a crowded WR corps. With that said, i still wouldent mind Jarret.

Booker will be easy to cut...as he would clear $3.1mil with no dead cap money. :wink:

Yeah, it'd be a real insult to guys like Randy McMichael, Ricky Williams, Marcus Vick and Daunte Culpepper.

What the ****?

Exactly my point. We have enough of these low character guys. We need character (Shaun Alexander type fellas).

Well, they may be able to address that "speedster" before the draft with the likes of Kevin Curtis a candidate to replace Welker...

Also, Stalworth may be the answer, IF, Wayne Huizenga means what he said about money not going to hold him back this offseason

If I were Wayne...I'd throw Steinbach and Stalworth the money...and worry about everything else with the draft...:cooldude:

What has Kevin Curtis done in the NFL. He may have speed but will he fit in here. We need to go speed in the draft. A good WR will fall into the second round. I saw a thread earlier with you pushing Curtis and the answer is no IMO. We are not going to throw money at an unproven speedster. What else does he posess. Please let me know because otherwise I would like for the GM to go WR in the draft.

Exactly my point. We have enough of these low character guys. We need character (Shaun Alexander type fellas).

I'll ask my question again, what has Jarrett done to be labeled as low class? Am I missing something or is he just ****y and reminds you of T.O. or something? Chad Johnson is ****y in a good way.

If Jarrett runs a 4.7 at the combine he will fall like a stone in the draft. This is a pretty deep WR draft with Johnson, Ginn, Samardzrja, Bowe, Meacham, Smith, etc. so there can be a lot of movement after the combine. You may see him go well into the 2nd or even 3rd if he runs poorly. I doubt that happens though, as he will get a speed trainer so he will likely test well at the combine. I suspect that he will run around a 4.5 (give or take .05) and keep his early top half of 1st round status.

i would love to have jarret, if we had him our receiveing core will be the best with chamber, mc, welker, and hagan

Seems as though we keep hearing we will address the offensive line in the off season with free agents and it never seems to work out. Look at all of the free agent OL that have come in the last few years and they never seem to be the answer and just seem to fill a roster spot. How long has it been since Miami has had a "good" left tackle. The only way Miami is ever going to have a blue chip offensive lineman is to grab him in the draft because teams who have those great players hang onto them not let them go in free agency.

Seems as though we keep hearing we will address the offensive line in the off season with free agents and it never seems to work out. Look at all of the free agent OL that have come in the last few years and they never seem to be the answer and just seem to fill a roster spot. How long has it been since Miami has had a "good" left tackle. The only way Miami is ever going to have a blue chip offensive lineman is to grab him in the draft because teams who have those great players hang onto them not let them go in free agency.

Great post. The whole idea of "Oh, we'll just fix that through free agency" is very flawed. Free agents can choose from all 32 teams, it's not like the Dolphins get a chance to sign them before anyone else.

And I keep hearing "Let's sign Steinbach and Leonard Davis in free agency." That will be prohibitively expensive. They are the top free agents at their respective positions and will get paid as such.

I'll ask my question again, what has Jarrett done to be labeled as low class? Am I missing something or is he just ****y and reminds you of T.O. or something? Chad Johnson is ****y in a good way.

Oh. Did you watch the Rose Bowl. He would make an incredible play and then taunt the michigan guy all the way to the endzone. They were commenting about it during the game. That's what turned me off to the guy. He's awesome but a bit of Neon Deion, TO, type guy. Maybe he'll change with age? If we could have Jarrett's talent mixed with the class that his teamate Steve Smith shows then we're talking...

Oh. Did you watch the Rose Bowl. He would make an incredible play and then taunt the michigan guy all the way to the endzone. They were commenting about it during the game. That's what turned me off to the guy. He's awesome but a bit of Neon Deion, TO, type guy. Maybe he'll change with age? If we could have Jarrett's talent mixed with the class that his teamate Steve Smith shows then we're talking...

OK thanks didn't exactly remember that now, I was just wondering. I don't exactly like that sort of stuff but am ok with it. I think there is a big difference between berating your QB on the sideline a la T.O. and taunting opposing players. Some of that may just be immaturity. But I also like the competitiveness and fire. How is that any different than what Chad Johnson does every weekend, making lists of DBs that haven't been able to cover 85. I think we could use some attitude at WR. I like Chambers but he just doesn't have that attitude.

You're acting like he was doing a throat slash.. I mean my god, what do you want the guy to do, drop the ball and go hug the cornerback, saying " good effort " ?

You're acting like he was doing a throat slash.. I mean my god, what do you want the guy to do, drop the ball and go hug the cornerback, saying " good effort " ?

More hugs and Less drugs! Listen. I personally don't like the guy. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the way it looked like during the game. Maybe a Keyshawn type attitude would be good for the fish.

You get into the endzone and hand the ball to the ref. Nothing wrong with having a little class.

You get into the endzone and hand the ball to the ref. Nothing wrong with having a little class.

Nothing wrong with having a guy who knows he's gonna make the play every time AND let's everyone knows about it. Football can be a mental game and given the correct dosages that ****y attitude can give a player an edge. Or completely get in the head of an opposing player.

If our pick is down to Jarrett or Leon Hall, shouldn't we use that game as a measuring stick? We couldn't ask for a better way to evaluate the 2 (not to say that it's exact science).

Nothing wrong with having a guy who knows he's gonna make the play every time AND let's everyone knows about it. Football can be a mental game and given the correct dosages that ****y attitude can give a player an edge. Or completely get in the head of an opposing player.

If our pick is down to Jarrett or Leon Hall, shouldn't we use that game as a measuring stick? We couldn't ask for a better way to evaluate the 2 (not to say that it's exact science).

I don't think Jarret ever beat Hall for a touchdown. Mostly they were throwing away form Hall.

Back
Top Bottom