A Way to Jump- Dwayne Jarrett | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Way to Jump- Dwayne Jarrett

Nothing wrong with having a guy who knows he's gonna make the play every time AND let's everyone knows about it. Football can be a mental game and given the correct dosages that ****y attitude can give a player an edge. Or completely get in the head of an opposing player.

If our pick is down to Jarrett or Leon Hall, shouldn't we use that game as a measuring stick? We couldn't ask for a better way to evaluate the 2 (not to say that it's exact science).

Leon Hall wasn't covering Jarret for a majority of the game. They used their #2 CB to cover him because Leon Hall is 5'11, while their backup is a pure raw athletic kid at 6'2

You get into the endzone and hand the ball to the ref. Nothing wrong with having a little class.

There's also nothing wrong with having a little fun. I love Chad Johnson, and I think T.O.s endzone dances are hilarious as well.

As long as he isnt doing drugs, beating up women, or being a team cancer, I'm fine with it. This game is very mental

i really like jarret alot especially because the 9th pick is a great place to draft him. heres how i rank the players i want for the phins, leaveing out players that we have no chance of getting. most of these players wont fall to number 9 but we have a chance at getting at least one of them

1. Alan Branch- our young prospects on the dline are all unproven

2. Gaines Adams- can bring pressure from the linebacker and defensive end positions in the nfl

3.Dwayne Jarrett- big and has hands like suction cups

4. Laron Landry- a big hitting safety who also has good coverage skills

ALL ROOKIES ARE UNPROVEN! That includes Branch

Booker will be easy to cut...as he would clear $3.1mil with no dead cap money. :wink:

Why would you want to cut the best WR on the team. Much easier to cut that soft, overpaid guy with the initials CC. I believe his cap hit is close to 7 mill this year.

There's also nothing wrong with having a little fun. I love Chad Johnson, and I think T.O.s endzone dances are hilarious as well.

As long as he isnt doing drugs, beating up women, or being a team cancer, I'm fine with it. This game is very mental

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good celebration, such as Chad's riverdance. But there is a difference between celebrating and showing up your opponent. When Jarrett scored on that long TD pass in the Rose Bowl, he slowed down considerably, turned around and stared down the defender as he nearly walked into the endzone.

We wont really have a chance at getting gaines. Branch maybe, but you should have gaines ahead of branch. Branch doesnt fit the 3-4, and this team is headed towards the 3-4. He's not big enough (as in weight and muscle size, he's certainly tall though) or strong enough.

Where are you getting your information about Branch? Although Michigan played a 4-3, Branch at 6'5" 330 lbs was used as a 3-4 NT. He took on blocks to free up the LBs and was very good at it. It seems like you have him confused with his backups at Michigan.

I don't think Jarret ever beat Hall for a touchdown. Mostly they were throwing away form Hall.

Hall was beat by Jarrett on the 62 yarder I believe.

To say he's 'classless' with evidence of one play is ridiculous. He shows a lot of emotion in the game. He even shed tears during his press conference in which he declared for the draft. Jarrett is a great WR with amazing hands. He also plays faster than timed.

Also, as for Alan Branch, he definitely would fit the 3-4 defense at either nose tackle or defensive end positions. He would be a great pick.

Im sure everyone knows how well A. Boldin and L. Fitz have played for the cardinals the past few seasons and both of those guys ran 4.7 and 4.6 so if Jarrett were to run slow, think of the production other guys have had in the league with low 40 times... and obviously the most famous of all would be Jerry Rice, who ran a 4.7 coming out of college.

Im sure everyone knows how well A. Boldin and L. Fitz have played for the cardinals the past few seasons and both of those guys ran 4.7 and 4.6 so if Jarrett were to run slow, think of the production other guys have had in the league with low 40 times... and obviously the most famous of all would be Jerry Rice, who ran a 4.7 coming out of college.
Fitzgerald had been timed in the 4.4, his words, and Jerry Rice ran 4.6 at the combine. The difference between them and Jarrett is that they dominated in college while Jarrett only showed signs that he could. Jarrett did however played his best in the big games.

Fitzgerald had been timed in the 4.4, his words, and Jerry Rice ran 4.6 at the combine. The difference between them and Jarrett is that they dominated in college while Jarrett only showed signs that he could. Jarrett did however played his best in the big games.

Fitzgerald absolutely dominated in college, so hes not the same.

And Fitz ran a 4.5

Fitzgerald absolutely dominated in college, so hes not the same.

And Fitz ran a 4.5
As I said, the 4.4 was in his words.

I still think if Jarrett runs slower than that at the combine, he'll drop out of the Top 10.

Back
Top Bottom