A (yet another) different view on the Draft.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A (yet another) different view on the Draft..

jonanthans

LES f**g MILES
Reaction score
...just my personal opinion on the draft...

#1 Houston- Reggie Bush....Texans would be better off trading down and taking D'Brickashaw instead. Domanick Davis has shown he can be a very good back and is still only 24-25, but Kubiak isnt going to pass up on Mr. Excitement.

#2 New Orleans Saints- Vince Young....Sean Payton will take the mobility and stronger arm over the effective but questionable arm strength of Leinert.

#3 Tennessee - D'Brickashaw Ferguson...Tennesse simply cannot pass up on the most rock solid prospect in the draft this year.

#4 New York Jets- Jay Cutler..Leinert is very tempting to them here, but they have already been down the road of drafting a "smart Qb with a mediocre arm".

#5 Green Bay- A.J. Hawk- Fills a very pressing need on the defensive side of the ball.

#6 Oakland- Chad Greenway..Raiders fill their most glaring need on the defensive side of the ball.

#7 San Francisco- Mario Williams...49ers extremely happy williams falls to them here.

#8 Buffalo - Haloti Ngata- Bills really needed an O-Lineman, but Ngata is a stud DT.

#9 Detroit- Winston Justice - Lions finally draft something on offense other than a WR.

#10 Arizona - Matt Leinert - Cardinals extremely pleased to pick up Leinert here. Arm strength will not be as much a problem with 2 possession recievers like Boldin and Fitzgerald to throw to.

#11 Pittsburgh (from St.Louis)- Lendale White- Pittsburgh pulls the trigger to move up and add a huge addition to their team. Bill Cowher couldnt let Baltimore steal this one with their 13th pick.

#12 Cleveland - Marcus McNeil - Browns have no choice but to reach for this one, OL is a glaring need for this team.

#13 Baltimore - Tye Hill - With no Qb and no LB worth taking this high, Ravens take the top CB on the board. Huff would have been a nice take here too, but with Ed Reed on board, Hill makes for a better fit.

#14 Philadelphia - Santonio Holmes - Pinkston and Greg Lewis just isnt enough...

#15 Atlanta - Jimmy Williams - Falcons snatch this Ronnie Lott-type DB up without hesitation.

#16 Miami - Michael Huff - Dolphins should have taken Gabe Watson out of Michigan here, but Saban gets his guy to patrol centerfield for the next 10 years.

#17 Minnesota - Laurence Maroney- Vikings need a Rb here

#18 Dallas - Eric Winston- Parcells gets his stud lineman

#19 San Diego - Max Jean Giles - Much needed line help.

#20 KC- Tamba Hali-- falls into their laps here, should have went a lot higher but draft is overloaded with defensive linemen.

#21 New England - Bobby Carpenter - Belichick loves this kid.

#22 Denver (from Washington) - Manny Lawson- Without a top safety available here, Broncos shore up the DE position.

#23 Tampa Bay- Nick Mangold- other than Wr, OL is Bucs biggest need.

#24 Cincinnati - Rod Wright - Extremely happy Wright is still here for them

#25 NY Giants - Ashton Youboty - CB is by far the Giants biggest need.

#26 Chicago - Leonard Pope - If Grossman or Orton is going to be succesful, the Bears have to get a stud TE for them to throw to. This guy is an absolute freak.

#27 Carolina - Vernon Davis - Panthers are going to be dangerous with teams trying to figure out how to cover both Steve Smith and Davis. Linebackers arent going to be able to stay with this guy.

#28 Jacksonville - Andrew Whitworth- Jaguars are sooooo tempted to take Marcedes Lewis here, but the O-Line has got to be shored up.

#29 Denver - Chad Jackson - With Rod Smith eligible for Social Security, Shanahan has to get some younger hands on the field.

#30 Indy - DeAngelo Williams - Colts take a chance on the diminutive speedster.

#31 - Seattle - Mathias Kiwaunka - Seahawks take BPA here.

#32 St. Louis (from Pittsburgh) - DeMeco Ryans - Rams get the Lb they need, and garner a few extra picks from Pittsburgh.

Notable "Sliders"

TE- Marcedes Lewis - Will go early in the 2nd round.

CB - Antonio Cromartie - Wont make it past the first 5-6 picks in the 2nd round.

I like your mock draft except for Leinart falling. If any QB is going to fall in this draft it's Young. That throwing motion of his is real suspect. I have been projecting Cutler at 4 since before the hype so I love that pick there. And I never thought about Tennessee & Ferguson, but now that I do it makes a lot of sense. If they restructure McNair thats a heck of a pick because they like Volek and probably know they'll be in the run for Brady Quinn next year.

Nice mock, but I see some holes. First of all, Huff won't fall to #16. I don't think Williams and Hill would be picked above him. Secondly, Davis is the best TE in the draft and will be taken before Pope. Finally, I don't think Leinart will be the QB that slides.
jonanthans said:
RB - DeAngelo Williams - 5'6" RB is just not big enough for teams to take in the first round.
At the Senior Bowl weigh-in, DeAngelo Williams was a little over 5'8"

{At the Senior Bowl weigh-in, DeAngelo Williams was a little over 5'8"[/quote]

At the Combine weigh in, DeAngelo Williams was 5' 6.8 inches, and that is the official numbers teams are going to go by. Im not knocking his ability, I personally think he will be an excellent Rb in the league, but that diminutive size is going to keep him out of the first round.

We could end up with Watson afterall cos I'm pretty sure that Huff will be gone before our pick.

Ozzy rules!!

Danny said:
We could end up with Watson afterall cos I'm pretty sure that Huff will be gone before our pick.

Ozzy rules!!

we could also end up with eric winston, because (in this mock at least) he apparently is the focus of a cyborg-like cloning or replicant program. this mock has him going at #14 to philly and #18 to dallas. if there's three of him, we could get him too.

cowtowndick said:
we could also end up with eric winston, because (in this mock at least) he apparently is the focus of a cyborg-like cloning or replicant program. this mock has him going at #14 to philly and #18 to dallas. if there's three of him, we could get him too.
that made me rofl

Big problems with this one.

Mario Williams simply can't fall that far. The guy is a beast

LenDale White to Pitt doesn't make much sense when they have more glaring needs than HB (Staley, Parker)

Detriot would not take a mid round player in Justice over a Franchise QB in Leinhart. Mind you it is Matt Millen so maybe Santonio Holmes is their pick.

Michael Huff is probably going to be a top 15 at least.

Vernon Davis is a Kellen Winslow type prospect. Some say he is better. Winslow was one of the big 5 on everyones big board.

Minnesota does need a RB. Bennett is no Deangelo Williams. In fact he is mediocre even when he isnt walking on crutches.

Eric Winston is going to be hard pressed to play for the Cowboys.

jonanthans said:
At the Combine weigh in, DeAngelo Williams was 5' 6.8 inches, and that is the official numbers teams are going to go by. Im not knocking his ability, I personally think he will be an excellent Rb in the league, but that diminutive size is going to keep him out of the first round.
Thanks, I didn't know that. Odd that he would shrink two inches since the Senior Bowl...

washington doesnt have a pick

it is different but I cant see hill going before Huff. Hill has size questions where huff is an elite cornerback/safety

I think miami would be taking bobby carpenter or manny lawson most likely in this mock because huff would be gone.

Greatly overrating Winston, no way he goes that high. Especially twice.

This mock is all outta wack. Players going twice. Teams not right. Yikes!

watson isnt a good pick for miami we drafted 2 DT last year and have traylor still. Watson is pretty much an exact copy of Manuel Wright a kid wit hworth ethic problems.

We already have manuel means dont consider watson.

We need an OLB, S, Right Guard, QB (Fa hopefully) for our biggest needs

Back
Top Bottom