Aaron Brewer to the Dolphins | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aaron Brewer to the Dolphins

no he can’t ....brewer is only 275 lbs.....you can play guard at that weight....he's our new starting center

He looks smallish in the few highlights I’ve seen.

But his ability to move is undeniable.

Last edited:
How do you go about hiding his poor pass blocking in a pass first offense?
I'm hoping this offense is evolving into a more balanced attack and one that can really go run heavy when necessary. We not only need to protect Tua but now we need to protect a young fledgling and learning a new system defense. With the speed we have at WR and RB and defenses now sitting in the intermediate spots Tua likes to throw to often, it's imperative we take advantage of that in the run game. This offense needs to diversify and a strong consistent running game is the first way to do that.

yeah he's very fast which is why Center is his best spot....he get to the second level quickly

We had so much injuries down the stretch that it wrecked those long stretch, behind the LOS run action concepts.

The though of McD calling more of that stuff in 2024 makes my stomach ache.

Lol

Fits what we want to do but I feel like we could've drafted a C in the 5th that gives up 30+ pressures and saved 7 mil in the process.

Since we don't have enough picks ( I wonder why that is ...) I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume his career is indeed on an upward trajectory.

I'm not excited about this signing. Titans have had terrible offense lines for the last 3 seasons. Yes, as bad or worse than the Fins'. Brewer got absolutely destroyed at guard as Ben Jones was pretty good at center. Hopefully Brew can keep developing at center. If not, we will need to a substitute center for obvious pass plays.

Never know. Get Williams back, take a guard first, sign Lamm. It's certainly possible to get at least a good line there. Hell, anything would be an improvement from last year.

We could use a lot less "bad luck" with injuries.

I wonder what kind of analysis, if any, has been used to identify why we had so many injuries the last two years. The fact that this is a trend concerns me more than who we add to the team.

It's lazy thinking to blame the training, although that is where I would start any analytical review. My best guess is it is what the players do in their off time that is setting them up for disaster. I feel it it's not only how hard players train, but also its what they do to maintain the capabilities outside of training that they have trained so hard to achieve.

From my experience in the military, I found it only took about three days to lose my edge physically if I didn't exercise by walking, running or swimming with some regularity after I got out of boot camp and ITR.

I also saw that the smokers and heavy drinkers lost their stamina faster than the rest of us. I would advise anyone seriously trying to analyze what's going on with our guys to look into recreation drug use, especially with young men who have suddenly become very wealthy and live in a part of our country where drugs are more readily available across the social spectrum and are glorified in social media, which so many young people treat as reality.

These young men with sudden wealth are certainly being targeted by young women, scam artists and probably a focused effort by organized crime, for personal profit and indirect control of the outcome of the results of the game.

My advice to the players is to fly low and save your money. Getting a Maserati and clubbing is going to cost you more than just money. A lot of the people you meet and become friendly with are out to use you and know exactly how to do it.

Don't let being a "Hot Shot" sink your ship!

In the old days these guys would be called a "Flash in the pan", which relates to a misfire in a flintlock firearm where the powder in the pan gets ignited by the flint making a spark but fails to ignite the powder behind the bullet resulting in no shot being fired.

Sort of like "All show and no go". - LOL

Last edited:
He’s young. This regime showed us last year that they can develop OL. This is a lot like the Connor Williams signing when we made it and I think it will work out, especially at that price.

I wonder how many illegal man downfield penalties this guy will get.

Now that is interesting that he had the 13th best pass block win rate as Tua usually had the ball out of his hands by that point. ESPN pass block win rate uses a 2.5 second check to see if the OL has maintained his block while Tua's average time to release was 2.3 seconds.

Maybe his pass blocking isn't as bad as the PFF metric would suggest? Maybe the Titan's QB's just held the ball too long?

Back
Top Bottom