Aaron Gibson and a 2nd? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aaron Gibson and a 2nd?

FSUDolphin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i live in chicago and heard on espn radio that the bears might try and trade ol aaron gibson and a second for Ogun....

I dont know much about gibson...does this sound good to anyone...i think we need more for ogun..

Thats an old rumor that was on the table a few weeks ago. Spielman rejected it then, I dont see why hed take it now.

A few weeks ago, I'd say they better swing us a 3rd as well...but now, I'm hearing that Gibson is maintaining his weight well & looks impressive. We'll see.

Surferosa said:
Thats an old rumor that was on the table a few weeks ago. Spielman rejected it then, I dont see why hed take it now.

There were no reports that stated that the offer was actually made, or declined.

Well, if it came with a day one pick next year too, RS would consider it...perhaps a conditional 3rd rounder....?? Just the player and one pick are not enough.

I would take second and third this year.

We could pheasibly get Andrews and Grove.

nooooooooooooooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Ozzy rules!!

I think a "No" followed by a series of more authorative "No"'s would pretty much sum up the common sense take on this.

That's a big fat no.. Maybe Gibson, a 2nd and 3rd

or just the 1st..

Anything less than that we'd be getting robbed blind! :yell:

btw, ChambersOwnz84, love the sig. :lol:

2 second round draft choices and a player is not comp. enough for Ogun ??? I think this because I feel that there is a benefit to getting picks in return for Ogun rather than him playing out the tender and flying the coop next year....JIMO....

Gibson has more experience than Jerman or Whitley...is he better, I don't really know, he was a 1st round pick, but he fills a hole in the OL. It also means that we have a fallback if Andrews is not there in the first and Smiley not there in the second. Additionally, it fills a hole for next years draft as well...

Dr.Rad said:
How good is Gibson? He was considered a bust until this past year, right?

That's what I've heard, but just recently...I've been hearing that he's lost weight & looks great this year. :confused:

I'll stick with what I've been with for a while now:

Ogunleye, #20 for #14, '04 2nd, '05 conditional 4th

You gotta give a lot to get a lot, & it's clear to me that both Chicago & Minnesota have been underrating the value of Wale.

Dr.Rad said:
How good is Gibson? He was considered a bust until this past year, right?

yes he's considered a bust although he did play reasonably well last season. He's just one of those guys with 1st round talent but a lack of dedication and heart. His weight has been his biggest setback, but he has taken strides to correct that this offseason (He's supposedly down in the 350-60 range right now). If we get him it would fill a hole and he can be an adequate starter for us. If we still draft Andrews...it would make an interesting right side of the line wouldn't it? I'm guessing one of them would be moved to guard (Andrews maybe?) that would make one HUGE line, Ricky would love it. :D

Back
Top Bottom