Aaron Gibson and a 2nd? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aaron Gibson and a 2nd?

there are two reason to make that deal:

1. Rick thinks OGun will really not show up for the beginning of the season
  2. to clear up the whole draft for depth and the future, i.e. draft the best players w/o any worries of position. IF you project Gibson as the starting RG, we can take anyone we want the draft solely based on their ability to have a shot to make the team and not based on a real need. Though DE w/b something we w/need to get at 2 or 3 at east.

However, several Bears sources have said repeatedly that they will not give up their first-round pick, No. 14 overall, as part of a deal. The most the Bears seem willing to offer is their second-round pick, journeyman offensive lineman Aaron Gibson and a conditional pick in 2005.
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/8464263.htm

When I first heard of how friggin' GREAT Aaron Gibson has looked and how GREAT a shape he was in...my first reaction was: yeah right......sounds like a big SELL JOB to me.....

Now comes a report how that offer is back on the table and could come to fruition...

Here's my take:

Although I love Wale and his skills....it scares the crap out of me that Drew Rosenhoser has filled his head w/bad advice and he truly will holdout the season and not play a down for us....he'll get fined, but he still may not play.

If the Fins and Rick S. long term plans do not include giving Wale a big, long term deal...I believe the Fins' best move would be to get GIBSON, who would definately start on our O-line.....and a second round pick in this years' VERY deep draft.....we could possibly get 3 starters for the price of 1 who may not even play a down....

I really like Wale, but I really liked Lo-Bro too....and Mixon....I think we can find a suitable replacement for O-Gun who will benefit from having J. Taylor on the other side.....IMHO....

What about this...
Dolphins get: Aaron Gibson, Bears 1st, Bears 2nd
Bears get: Dolphins 1st, Ogunleye

Aqua Juice said:
What about this...
Dolphins get: Aaron Gibson, Bears 1st, Bears 2nd
Bears get: Dolphins 1st, Ogunleye

I'd take it ..... IN A HEARTBEAT! He'll play six games this year & then be gone next under UFA. We'll get NOTHING for him!

The only way I make the supposedly proposed deal out there is if the conditions on the 2005 pick say that it is a 1st round pick if Ogunleye gets 10+ sacks on the season.

Just giving him away for a 2nd round pick and a fat tub of lard in Aaron Gibson is simply not enough. Not for one of the top young defensive ends in football.

If you put the condition on the 2005 pick, then that will be a guaranteed first round pick. Ogunleye will easily get 10+ sacks because he is the best young pass rusher in the league.

Of course, Miami basically creates a gaping hole at defensive left end by making this deal. In no shape or form will David Bowens or a combination of David Bowens and Jay Williams be able to match the production they get from Adewale Ogunleye.

FSUDolphin said:
i live in chicago and heard on espn radio that the bears might try and trade ol aaron gibson and a second for Ogun....

I dont know much about gibson...does this sound good to anyone...i think we need more for ogun..

I hope not. OGUN is far more valuable than that.

Surferosa said:
Thats an old rumor that was on the table a few weeks ago. Spielman rejected it then, I dont see why hed take it now.

Herald story

Looks like it resurfaced. Still looks like Spielman won't budge. Glad to see it. 1st and 3rd or re-sign.

ChambersOwnz84 said:
You gotta give a lot to get a lot, & it's clear to me that both Chicago & Minnesota have been underrating the value of Wale.

We're the ones with something to lose, not Chicago or any other team. We should just be happy to get something. To let OGunleye sit out a year or even play a year and then leave would be of no benefit to us. IMO, RS is too smart to sit back and get nothing for dead-weight-gun. A 2nd rd, Gibson and conditional pick would be fine. Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Rosenhaus is playing his usual games. Stick to the 1st and 3rd, if any takers find. I can't see Ogun sitting out for any amount of games if he isn't traded.

KBISBACK said:
The only way I make the supposedly proposed deal out there is if the conditions on the 2005 pick say that it is a 1st round pick if Ogunleye gets 10+ sacks on the season.

Just giving him away for a 2nd round pick and a fat tub of lard in Aaron Gibson is simply not enough. Not for one of the top young defensive ends in football.

If you put the condition on the 2005 pick, then that will be a guaranteed first round pick. Ogunleye will easily get 10+ sacks because he is the best young pass rusher in the league.

Of course, Miami basically creates a gaping hole at defensive left end by making this deal. In no shape or form will David Bowens or a combination of David Bowens and Jay Williams be able to match the production they get from Adewale Ogunleye.
KB, I've been saying this all along but some people on here want us to trade him no matter what. Most of them say that we have to trade him cos he'll leave next year and we'll get nothing in return. Well, I beg to differ. I trust that Rick knows what he's doing and he's not gonna let him go just for nothing.

Ozzy rules!!

Gibson, a 1st and 2nd round pick for Wale? That doesn't make sense. Urlacher and a 2nd for Wale should be more appropriate since Urlacher had a bad season last year and him and Wale are about the same. But that's just wistful thinking.

They get O-Gun we get Olin Kruetz and we plug him in at Center. Wade Smith, James, Kruetz, Draft Andrews and RT is a dogfight until Mac gets back. That's a VERY good line.

I would like to see the deal include this years 2nd and 3rd, this draft is going to be very good in those rounds. I just cant see getting nothing for him after this year, and his salary ideas are sooooo inflated. Yes they are inline with Wistroms but his salary is inflated. We can get a DE like Babin in the 2nd and a LB or DT in the 3rd or even how about this a WR. By moving a player you wont be able to resign, you gain a player like Demorrio Williams or Chad Lavalais.

Wow! Kruetz? Urlacher and a 2nd? 1st and 2nd? I think many are overrating Ogunleye here. He's not in the elite league of Jason Taylor or Ray Lewis , and the Bears would be fools to give that much up for him.

Back
Top Bottom