Aaron Rodgers | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aaron Rodgers

popularwar said:
Also, when Rodgers was dropping back to pass, he held the ball practically up to his head. Imagine if we drafted him and he started, he's out there holding the ball head high with the likes of Ellis, Seymour and Abraham in his face. Fumble, anyone?
What? He holds the ball high because Jeff Tedford taught him that. And Tedford knows a thing or two about quarterback mechanics. It is much more likely that a QB fumbles when he hold the ball LOW.

Boomer said:
NO-ONE has been predicting that Orlovsky will be the next Ben Roethlisberger. They are two completely different QB's. Orlovsky is a pocket passer with a decent arm, Roethlisberger is one of the most mobile QB's in the league with a cannon for an arm. Orlovsky struggles with accuracy on deep balls and is a 3rd round talent. Roethlisberger would not have been a reach with the #1 overall pick.

Ummmm, excuse me boomer, but i have never been under the assumption that Big Ben was a "mobile QB". somethings just seem to come out of the air for i dont know what reason. Your bias is preceding your true gut feeling IMO. The similiarities between the two are that they are teachable and understand defenses and how to expoit them. In other words, they let the game come to them. They react to what a defense does very well. The differences to me is that one is more durable (Ben) and broader and takes what a defense gives to him and tests them downfield every once in a while. Orlovsky is more Like Phillip Rivers in that he loves to throw the ball and goes downfield often. Orlosky can run the ball too, its just that he will stick in the pocket looking for the downfield play more.

finfan54 said:
Ummmm, excuse me boomer, but i have never been under the assumption that Big Ben was a "mobile QB". somethings just seem to come out of the air for i dont know what reason. Your bias is preceding your true gut feeling IMO. The similiarities between the two are that they are teachable and understand defenses and how to expoit them. In other words, they let the game come to them. They react to what a defense does very well. The differences to me is that one is more durable (Ben) and broader and takes what a defense gives to him and tests them downfield every once in a while. Orlovsky is more Like Phillip Rivers in that he loves to throw the ball and goes downfield often. Orlosky can run the ball too, its just that he will stick in the pocket looking for the downfield play more.

Ummmm.....well you should have been under that assumption. Roethlisberger at Miami was always getting outside the pocket and making yards with his feet. UM used to design specific running plays for him - design draws, option plays, etc. When he started at Miami he would run more than he would pass, looking to take off at the first opportunity. In 2001 he had an 80 yard touchdown run. Ken Wisenhurst and Bill Cowher like to keep him contained in the pocket, but expect to see him be allowed to run more in 2005 and beyond.

There is very little comparison between the two. And whilst I'm a big fan of Roethlisberger's, I certainly have no bias.

PackPhin said:
A dark horse to keep an eye on is RB Deangelo Williams from University of Memphis. If we Draft Offensive line in first round and happen to get a 2nd rounder some how id keep my eye out for this kid. He may even be around in the 3rd round. Another Tatum Bell if you please.

lol Dangello will be a 1st rounder if he declares. Likely to be the 3rd RB off the board after Benson and Brown. Tatum Bell was my favorite RB in last year's draft, but with all due resect D. Williams is a different animal.

225 pounds running a legit 4.4 with some wiggle.

God I hope he comes out.

You all do know he broke his leg in his bowl game right? That will definitely play into his decision to come out/draft position.

Boomer said:
Sorry Popular but this is the TEXTBOOK way of holding the ball in the pocket. It's up close to his head which is why he has such a quick release. Ask any coach or any scout. They ALL want that ball up high because it takes less time to come out. I would be more concerned about his drop back motion when throwing to the left. He comes out sidesaddle and then has to tuen his body round to deliver. But the way he holds the ball in the pocket....it doesn't get any better than that.

Again, you have seen 1 game. Don't judge on 1 outing. Yes he was disappointing.....but there's a lot more to his game than what you saw 24 hours ago.
That's why you're Superbowl MVP and I'm on the practice squad.
Like I said, this is the only time I've seen him play. Also, I meant to mention that he also held the ball really high when he tried to scramble. I don't consider myself an expert on the subject but I don't recall Mike Vick or Daunte Culpepper holding the ball high when they scramble.

popularwar said:
That's why you're Superbowl MVP and I'm on the practice squad.
Like I said, this is the only time I've seen him play. Also, I meant to mention that he also held the ball really high when he tried to scramble. I don't consider myself an expert on the subject but I don't recall Mike Vick or Daunte Culpepper holding the ball high when they scramble.

Don't worry...... :)

I think he holds it high when he scrambles because he's still looking to pass. When Vick or Culpepper get going it's usually because they are committed to running.

Boomer, thank you for setting (or at least trying to) these guys straight. You are 100% correct on many things.

1. Orlosky is NO Roethlesberger. He is nowhere near ready to start in the NFL. He is a 3rd round prospect at best
2. Rodgers one sub-par game does not a career make
3. Rodgers mechanics are outstanding. Look at his quick drop back. Reminds me very much of Peyton Manning
4. Rodgers has a very quick release with a very strong arm.

And unless the NFL tells Rodgers he won't be a top 10 pick, he WILL come out early.

LdoubleE80 said:
Boomer, thank you for setting (or at least trying to) these guys straight. You are 100% correct on many things.

1. Orlosky is NO Roethlesberger. He is nowhere near ready to start in the NFL. He is a 3rd round prospect at best
2. Rodgers one sub-par game does not a career make
3. Rodgers mechanics are outstanding. Look at his quick drop back. Reminds me very much of Peyton Manning
4. Rodgers has a very quick release with a very strong arm.

And unless the NFL tells Rodgers he won't be a top 10 pick, he WILL come out early.

My pleasure. Seems that Rodgers is leaning towards declaring. But lik eyou say, he is all of the above. And he WILL be a top 10 pick.

Back
Top Bottom