Aaron Rodgers | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aaron Rodgers

idaho said:
I was a die hard aaron rodgers fan and still am even though I think he is fading in the last half of the season. He has crappy recievers. One reciever I think they had to bring out as a true red shirt freshman. But after seeing this Orlovsky kid play I am convinced he is the best of the bunch. Hey I have been wrong before but I have been a dolphin fan from the 1st game they ever played and have seen many Qbs. I don't excite easily. This kid excites me. I have every reason to pull for AJ since he grew up in idaho but this orlovsky kid is and will be the next ben rothlesberger as he is predicted to be by much wiser football people than me. Draft this kid he is better than Aaron Rodgers and Aaron rodgers is going to be a star in the nfl.

NO-ONE has been predicting that Orlovsky will be the next Ben Roethlisberger. They are two completely different QB's. Orlovsky is a pocket passer with a decent arm, Roethlisberger is one of the most mobile QB's in the league with a cannon for an arm. Orlovsky struggles with accuracy on deep balls and is a 3rd round talent. Roethlisberger would not have been a reach with the #1 overall pick.

Boomer said:
NO-ONE has been predicting that Orlovsky will be the next Ben Roethlisberger. They are two completely different QB's. Orlovsky is a pocket passer with a decent arm, Roethlisberger is one of the most mobile QB's in the league with a cannon for an arm. Orlovsky struggles with accuracy on deep balls and is a 3rd round talent. Roethlisberger would not have been a reach with the #1 overall pick.
He would have had a better shot at #1 if someone with a famous name wouldn't have been on the same draft.

A dark horse to keep an eye on is RB Deangelo Williams from University of Memphis. If we Draft Offensive line in first round and happen to get a 2nd rounder some how id keep my eye out for this kid. He may even be around in the 3rd round. Another Tatum Bell if you please.

lol Dangello will be a 1st rounder if he declares. Likely to be the 3rd RB off the board after Benson and Brown. Tatum Bell was my favorite RB in last year's draft, but with all due resect D. Williams is a different animal.

225 pounds running a legit 4.4 with some wiggle.

God I hope he comes out.

Boomer said:
you obviously don't read much. Check out draft blitz for one. That is a direct quote from that source. Not something I madeup. Obviously that quote was made by people a lot smarter about football than you or me.

Alex Smith is who we want at QB.....he graduated in 3 years and has a near perfect GPA in a tough major....Urban Meyer of Utah called him as good a college QB as he has ever seen. I would take LeFors of Louisville if Smith is unavailable...assuming that Rodgers and Leinert will be taken in the 1st round, and we trade down.

Being a Rutgers fan, I've had the opportunity to watch Orlovsky in 3 games this year (2 against other Big East teams, specifically WV and the orangemen). He does have a strong arm. He can make any throw out there with ease. He is a pure pocket passer. His arm is by no means weak. If he were on any other team, he'd be rated much higher than he is right now. We're talking about a guy that elevated that crappy Division 2 team into Division one and led them to a Bowl Win. Thats a QB that CAN carry a team on his shoulders, unlike Rogers and Leinart have proven they can do. The Huskies were a joke before Orlovsky got there and now they are a Division 1 Bowl winner...

It would be a complete waste of an early 1st round pick to take Rodgers or Lienart (spell). We can get a QB to groom in the 3rd or 4th. Also, the dude from Akron is impressive in the late 1st early 2nd if we trade down and obtain picks. I'm not saying I woukld draft a QB in the 1st or early second because I think we have other needs that are priority before a QB. We will have to wait and see what direction the organization wants to go.

idaho said:
you obviously don't read much. Check out draft blitz for one. That is a direct quote from that source. Not something I madeup. Obviously that quote was made by people a lot smarter about football than you or me.

No. I obviously don't know much. :shakeno:

I don't care what Draft Blitz says, there is no comparison. WATCH THE GAMES, don't take what websites say as read.

Boomer said:
No. I obviously don't know much. :shakeno:

I don't care what Draft Blitz says, there is no comparison. WATCH THE GAMES, don't take what websites say as read.
I don't get to watch east coast small school football on the west coast. Someone on the site was touting this kid when I was promoting aaron rodgers. I made it a point to watch him against Toledo and was impressed by the kid. Did a little research and found out some things about him and I really like what I found. My opinion was further verified by the many finfans that get to see this kid play regularly and found very few that were not sky high on him. He also maybe available in the 3rd round as he is listed as 6th on the depth chart for most draft boards. He has the physical skills and the qb body that mirrors rothlesberger and I assume that is were the comparisons come from. What I saw which I admit is not much and what many finfans have said it is a fare comparison Orlovsky to Rothlesberger.

idaho said:
I don't get to watch east coast small school football on the west coast. Someone on the site was touting this kid when I was promoting aaron rodgers. I made it a point to watch him against Toledo and was impressed by the kid. Did a little research and found out some things about him and I really like what I found. My opinion was further verified by the many finfans that get to see this kid play regularly and found very few that were not sky high on him. He also maybe available in the 3rd round as he is listed as 6th on the depth chart for most draft boards. He has the physical skills and the qb body that mirrors rothlesberger and I assume that is were the comparisons come from. What I saw which I admit is not much and what many finfans have said it is a fare comparison Orlovsky to Rothlesberger.

Again, make up your own mind on him. He's a decent prospect, but he's nowhere near the same class as Roethlisberger. NOWHERE near. Anyone that is SKY HIGH on him doesn't do much realistic evaluating. I don't mean that to sound arrogant because that's not the way it's meant to come across.

First off, there's no way Rodgers is coming out after that game.

He had a very nice AJ Fiedler performance in a loss. His main target was down? He was playing with sophomores and freshman? Hasn't Leinart been playing with sophomores and freshman all year long? That TT game exposed both Rodgers and Cal for what they are. Decent, but not spectacular player or team.

Secondly, if USC wins the Orange Bowl, there's no reason for Leinart to return to school. He's doing the right thing saying he's going to stay, that all changes (win or lose) after the Orange Bowl. If Matt declares, he'll be the #1 overall pick in the draft. And for those of you talking about his "weak" arm, I hate noodle armed QBs, and this guy isn't in the realm of Fiedler, Garcia, Plummer, or Brees. He is in the league of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning in terms of arm strength. Not weak, but not a cannon like Culpepper, Palmer or Favre.

RancidLunchmeat said:
First off, there's no way Rodgers is coming out after that game.

He had a very nice AJ Fiedler performance in a loss. His main target was down? He was playing with sophomores and freshman? Hasn't Leinart been playing with sophomores and freshman all year long? That TT game exposed both Rodgers and Cal for what they are. Decent, but not spectacular player or team.

Secondly, if USC wins the Orange Bowl, there's no reason for Leinart to return to school. He's doing the right thing saying he's going to stay, that all changes (win or lose) after the Orange Bowl. If Matt declares, he'll be the #1 overall pick in the draft. And for those of you talking about his "weak" arm, I hate noodle armed QBs, and this guy isn't in the realm of Fiedler, Garcia, Plummer, or Brees. He is in the league of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning in terms of arm strength. Not weak, but not a cannon like Culpepper, Palmer or Favre.

OK.....that was ONE GAME for Aaron Rodgers. 1 game does not a career make. How about going 22-22 vs USC earlier in the year. That didn't make him Otto Graham either, but lets keep perspective.

His #1 target Geoff McCarthur broke his leg on Nov 6th, so he hasn't been playing most of the year with sophomores and freshmen.

And Jake Plummer is noodle armed?

This was the first Cal game I ever saw

I watched most of the Cal/TT game last night and I was disappointed. I hadn't seen Rodgers play before but everyone was making such a big deal about him you'd think he was the next Joe Montana. From what I saw, he played very poorly against a team that most people expected to see destroyed. Now, I know there were some very serious injuries to his receiving corps and he's playing mostly with freshmen but if there's one thing you can count on in the NFL, it's injuries. If he declared and started on any team in the NFL, it's very likely he would have a good receiver go down and be forced to play with rookie receivers (NFL freshmen). Granted, this was the only time I've seen him play but I didn't like his composure. I did like that Arrington kid though.
Also, when Rodgers was dropping back to pass, he held the ball practically up to his head. Imagine if we drafted him and he started, he's out there holding the ball head high with the likes of Ellis, Seymour and Abraham in his face. Fumble, anyone?

popularwar said:
Also, when Rodgers was dropping back to pass, he held the ball practically up to his head. Imagine if we drafted him and he started, he's out there holding the ball head high with the likes of Ellis, Seymour and Abraham in his face. Fumble, anyone?

Sorry Popular but this is the TEXTBOOK way of holding the ball in the pocket. It's up close to his head which is why he has such a quick release. Ask any coach or any scout. They ALL want that ball up high because it takes less time to come out. I would be more concerned about his drop back motion when throwing to the left. He comes out sidesaddle and then has to tuen his body round to deliver. But the way he holds the ball in the pocket....it doesn't get any better than that.

Again, you have seen 1 game. Don't judge on 1 outing. Yes he was disappointing.....but there's a lot more to his game than what you saw 24 hours ago.

Back
Top Bottom