Abdul-Quddus on IR | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Abdul-Quddus on IR

Vj basically has to play zone with this lb and safety situation

He has no other choice

Which means teams likely will still see off corners to help in the run game and run lanes to get up into

Gameplan vs miami is prepare for a ton of zone option routes etc. the middle of the field is ripe to exploit

As far back as training camp and the PS, Walt Aikens has been making plays. He just seems to have have a knack for being around the ball. He was terrible at safety in the past and I have to think he just doesn't have what it takes to play the position or he really evolved this year. I would defer to the coaches and trust why they haven't played him even with the shortage at safety.

However, I would still like to see him get on the field on defense. A few teams have been converting safeties to LB over the last couple seasons and it has worked out well for them. Some of these guys were lost at safety but have made a real name for themselves at LB. Deone Bucannon and Mark Barron for instance. DB plays SILB in the 3-4. Barron plays a hybrid OLB for LA.

As much trouble we have had covering RB's and TE's, this may be worth a shot. Especially this week vs NE.

Difference between aikens and barron and bucannon is that aikens played corner in college...barron and bucannon played safety

Although i agree they should try something else...maybe a nickel aikens lb package paired with kiko...will they though? I doubt it...probably more hewitt in base and paysinger in nickel and teams murdering his lack of awareness and drop depth and lateral range

New england should murder these personnel deficiencies...its shooting fish in a barrel now

As far back as training camp and the PS, Walt Aikens has been making plays. He just seems to have have a knack for being around the ball. He was terrible at safety in the past and I have to think he just doesn't have what it takes to play the position or he really evolved this year. I would defer to the coaches and trust why they haven't played him even with the shortage at safety.

However, I would still like to see him get on the field on defense. A few teams have been converting safeties to LB over the last couple seasons and it has worked out well for them. Some of these guys were lost at safety but have made a real name for themselves at LB. Deone Bucannon and Mark Barron for instance. DB plays SILB in the 3-4. Barron plays a hybrid OLB for LA.

As much trouble we have had covering RB's and TE's, this may be worth a shot. Especially this week vs NE.

It'll definitely have to be a SS if we play him. I know we tried him at FS early in his career and it was a disaster for the most part. I'd be lying if I said I've focused on him as a tackler much, but he seems to be solid on specials so having some playmaking ability at SS could be our best best.

I think AJ Hendy could be the guy that slides in there though and sees more action.

Maybe its a Rambo/Thomas combo with Bobby McCain getting more burn at nickel again.

Its not a great situation though. Good opportunity for someone to step up.

But communication is the biggest downside here . . . which is where Michael Thomas makes the most sense as the rest of the options are new to getting a lot of burn on defense.

I think he has been working mircales with a steaming pile of dog**** plus suh and wake

Harsh. CBs have improved and Alonso has been decent. Other LBs have been non existent and losing Jones was a big hit but to generalise the D apart from 2 players as being **** is overboard.

Harsh. CBs have improved and Alonso has been decent. Other LBs have been non existent and losing Jones was a big hit but to generalise the D apart from 2 players as being **** is overboard.

It's harsh but not as innaccurate as it sounds.

We've gotten extremely fortunate to face a schedule that didn't necessarily feature a bunch of top level quarterbacks. We've been surviving . . . and the Defense and the Defense coordinator do deserve some credit.

The mobile ones have burned us (Kapernick, Marriota, Tyrod). Flacco destroyed us. The Pats system destoryed us for a half and it took a 3rd string QB entering to slow them down. Andy Dalton had a solid game. Ben was hurt for a good chunk of our game and Russell was dinged up for most of that game. We did do a good job on Rivers but started creaking on Palmer towards the end.

It's asking a lot to expect this group to survive in the playoffs but thats why we play the games. Again, Wake, Suh and the rest of that group up front have to be special in both run defense and in pressuring the QB for us to have a shot.

Our defense has sucked for the most part this year so lets not make it look like we're going to be bad all of a sudden without him out there. We gave up 600 yards to SF and the bills with him in there.

Ozzy rules!!

Get leads so we can play more cover 2 and 2 deep and hope like hell rambo doesnt blow assignments like he did saturday

maybe not...seems like the starters will be Rambo & Michael Thomas which could be DECENT both have range....don't know much about the new back up A.J Hendy

Difference between aikens and barron and bucannon is that aikens played corner in college...barron and bucannon played safety

Although i agree they should try something else...maybe a nickel aikens lb package paired with kiko...will they though? I doubt it...probably more hewitt in base and paysinger in nickel and teams murdering his lack of awareness and drop depth and lateral range

New england should murder these personnel deficiencies...its shooting fish in a barrel now

It's infuriating to me how Hewitt isn't the one in coverage. At least he's the athlete to maybe be around the ball. Paysinger gets beat like a drum up and down the field and in the red zone. Useless player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will only have 9 players on the defensive side of the ball that were healthy enough to play in all 16 games, and only 2 defensive players who started week 1 will have played all 16 games. Also, if Maxwell doesn't go this week, we will only have three starters from week 1 on defense starting week 17. This season sure has taken it's toll.

It's infuriating to me how Hewitt isn't the one in coverage. At least he's the athlete to maybe be around the ball. Paysinger gets beat like a drum up and down the field and in the red zone. Useless player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theres a play in tbe jets game where hewitt rushes 10 yards up field then turns around and sprints back to make an open field 25 yards downfield diving tackle at the shoe laces of enunwa who otherwise probably walks in

Paysinger wouldnt even have been in the picture on that

Read option vs the bills fires out of a cannon in the red zone to tackle tyrod taylor 6 yards deep before he can even think about pitching it

Its odd that his run only comes in base...he was late to react to his assignment on a charles clay back of the end zone catchw was stacked even coming out of the cut luckily taylor threw it a little too far and clay didnt toe tap his 2nd foot

Made a nice 2nd level horizontal tackle of mccoy 8 yards deep on a play paysinger never gets to

Id sure like to know what the reasoning is vj has behind him not a starting nickel

Back
Top Bottom