About.com Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

About.com Mock Draft

VT Dolphan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I was looking at various mock drafts today and stumbled across the craziest one I've seen so far. It was recently updated, so its not outdated or anything. Surprising picks - Calvin Johnson at number one, Jamal Anderson third, Reggie Nelson fifth, and the Dolphins-with Brady Quinn still on the board-select Alan Branch.

Here's the link if you're interested. Sorry if this was already posted...

http://football.about.com/cs/nfldraft/a/bl_mockdraft.htm

Branch would make a great NT, I don't know what you mean saying he wouldn't fit the 3-4.

Alan Branch is the 2nd best pick we could make need-wise. 1st would be Joe Thomas.

As much as I love Branch if Quinn is on the board when we pick I don't see how the Dolphins pass on him.

As much as I love Branch if Quinn is on the board when we pick I don't see how the Dolphins pass on him.

My thoughts exactly. Branch is probably my third favorite realistic option in this draft after Quinn and Adams

Branch would make a great NT, I don't know what you mean saying he wouldn't fit the 3-4.

Alan Branch is the 2nd best pick we could make need-wise. 1st would be Joe Thomas.

actually our first need would be a qb...

We'd pass on Quinn because we have greater needs than QB. Though if Quinn is available, we could always use that as leverage to trade down with a team that wants him--like Carolina.

No offense but I disagree completely. He would be more of a pass rushing DT, a great fit in the 4-3 system. But I dont see his technique and style fitting well at all into the 3-4 system as a NT. He would be a good DE perhaps in the 3-4. But I dont see NT when I watched him play often at Michigan.

I love his talent and I think he will be gone before he pick anyways, most likely to washington.

Gaines Adams is my primary hope for miami currently, a pass rushing DE/OLB that I think would fit great into capers system for the 3/4. I think he will be gone also before we pick but he is my first hope.

I would like Echols for a NT, he will be there in the 4-5 round range.

We'd pass on Quinn because we have greater needs than QB. Though if Quinn is available, we could always use that as leverage to trade down with a team that wants him--like Carolina.

You don't always draft purely on need. We have a 30 year old QB who is coming off of a bad injury, has played a handful of games in 2 years and is new territory to the coaching staff. If a franchise QB is on the board at 9, you pick him.

No offense but I disagree completely. He would be more of a pass rushing DT, a great fit in the 4-3 system. But I dont see his technique and style fitting well at all into the 3-4 system as a NT. He would be a good DE perhaps in the 3-4. But I dont see NT when I watched him play often at Michigan.

I love his talent and I think he will be gone before he pick anyways, most likely to washington.

Gaines Adams is my primary hope for miami currently, a pass rushing DE/OLB that I think would fit great into capers system for the 3/4. I think he will be gone also before we pick but he is my first hope.

I would like Echols for a NT, he will be there in the 4-5 round range.

Well then you're disagreeing with just about every major scout that's out there. nfldraftcountdown, footballsfuture, all the "draft experts" on here such as ck, we all project him as a good NT.

I agree that Gaines Adams would be a good pick for our system, although he'd be wasted for a few years since we already have JT.

actually our first need would be a qb...
QB is not our 1st need. If Quinn or Russel fell to us you probably have to draft them based on BPA, but we have greater needs than QB.

A 330 lb DE, even in the 3-4 system, is not happening. Branch's technique, size, speed, and strength makes him a superb candidate as a Keith Traylor replacement.

thats because its just not possible.
It's not probable, but anything is possible. Many people thought it was impossible for Matt Lienart to fall out of the top 5 last year let alone fall to the Cards.

There is no greater need than making sure you have the QB position in order and when you have as many question marks at QB as the Dolphins do and a guy like Quinn is there it would be awfully hard to pass on him especially knowing how Mueller and Cameron both feel about that position. Don't get me wrong I think Culpepper is the guy right now and I think he has a good chance to come back and be fine, but you just can't be sure right now. Plus he'll be 30 in a week and won't last forever. A guy like Quinn could always be groomed as his replacement.

Back
Top Bottom