About.com Mock Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

About.com Mock Draft

Branch would make a great NT, I don't know what you mean saying he wouldn't fit the 3-4.

Alan Branch is the 2nd best pick we could make need-wise. 1st would be Joe Thomas.

he is NOT a 3-4 NT sorry. tahts fact he has no strenght or power for it.

This smells of a 'way too early mock' guessing game. No way Quinn falls out that far, even with a bad combine.

I doubt it will happen either. But Matt Leinart wasn't supposed to fall that far. Aaron Rodgers could have been the first player taken and he fell into the twenties.

Well then you're disagreeing with just about every major scout that's out there. nfldraftcountdown, footballsfuture, all the "draft experts" on here such as ck, we all project him as a good NT.

I agree that Gaines Adams would be a good pick for our system, although he'd be wasted for a few years since we already have JT.
actually scott wright agrees with me about him being a NT, if you read his review of him.

Footballfutures disagrees thoug hand has him either a DE or a NT in the 3-4 system which pretty much is interesting. normally a player is one of the two techniques.

I have always seen him as a DE in the 3-4 and a DT in the 4-3. I guess agree to disagree on there with the experts on here :)

Either way though he is a nice talent and interesting indeed.

QB is not our 1st need. If Quinn or Russel fell to us you probably have to draft them based on BPA, but we have greater needs than QB.

Well considering that our QB situation is up in the air, I don't know how you can make a statement like that.
Keep in mind that drafting a QB is an investment in the future of the franchise, not just a 1 yr stop gap.
You can't seriously tell me that DC is a long term prospect for the Phins.
It takes a few yrs to groom a QB, so if Quinn or Russell is there at 9, this organization would be incompetent if they don't draft one of them.
It is very rare for a team to be in a position to draft a top QB, since there are rarely more than 1-2 of them in any given draft. When a team has a chance they darn sure better jump at it. That's what the smart franchises like the Steelers did with Roethlisberger. Compare that to what a perennial loser franchises like the Lions do. They passed on Cutler and Leinart last year.

Alan Branch is the concensus manchild inside guy that projects to play your classic 1-technique nose tackle type position in the pros. He's every bit of 6'6" and 330 pounds, with power and a whole lot of athleticism, and an uncanny nose for the ball. He doesn't withstand the double-team like you'd like all the time, and he has that classic "takes plays off" look to him at other times, but a beast is a beast and this guy is the best. He'll be off the boards pretty early.
That's from ckparrothead.

I don't see how you can say that. Just about every analyst I have read has said he can play 3 positions probably and NT is one of them.

You don't always draft purely on need. We have a 30 year old QB who is coming off of a bad injury, has played a handful of games in 2 years and is new territory to the coaching staff. If a franchise QB is on the board at 9, you pick him.

That's the smartest thing I've heard yet!!!:up:

Branch would make a great NT, I don't know what you mean saying he wouldn't fit the 3-4.

Alan Branch is the 2nd best pick we could make need-wise. 1st would be Joe Thomas.

I agree with you. We are in dire need of a NT and Branch is the only guy in the draft that can play the NT.

I'm not sure why people say he doesn't fit the 3-4 style. That is the best upside for him.

This mock was pretty good for now, everything will change during the combine and after FA as well.

However if Alan Branch falls to us at 9 and we don't take that pick I'd be very worried. Especially if we didn't pick up a NT in FA.

We'd pass on Quinn because we have greater needs than QB. Though if Quinn is available, we could always use that as leverage to trade down with a team that wants him--like Carolina.

That argument has been made every year since Marino retired. I don't think this organization can pass again on a QB, especially one of Quinn's ability.

Cam has a pretty good track record working with QB's. If they pass on Quinn you better send the little guys with the white coats to my house :sidelol:

I really don't see whats so crazy about that mock. I mean, I'd be surprised if we passed on Quinn but alot of the other picks make perfect sense.

Back
Top Bottom