Abreu to Yanks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Abreu to Yanks

Jt0323 said:
dose this mean bernie playing days are numbered?

He'll split time as the DH and LF depending on if Giambi is playing 1st base. I'd say that Phillips plate appearances are numbered as he'll probably be a late inning sub for Giambi.

When Matsui and Sheffield come back Bernie will be riding the bench 5 or 6 days a week. Maybe making a few pinch hit appearances here and there.

DonShula84 said:
Doesnt seem like they had to give up much for him, or is it just me?
nope...they did not give up much at all imo...
the yankees are turning baseball into a joke

thats the stupiest thing ive heard Steriods turned baseball to a joke

dob72 said:
the yankees are turning baseball into a joke
no their not. They havent won since 2000. Dont blame Steinbrenner for trying to put the best possible team on the field. Im a marlins fan and some of his players get paid more than the entire marlins salary. I wish we would put more money into our team but mister loria is using the excuse of not having a new stadium.

As a Phillies' fan I am going to miss Bobby....I appreciate what he has done the past ten years, but his numbers have gone done a lot, especially in homers....I wish him well in NY....looks like the Phils got a couple of nice prospects.....good deal for both sides.

dominizzo said:
Abreu is Declining

He may not have the pop in his bat that he used to have but just getting on base will be huge with the lineup the Yanks will trot out nightly.. Its a good pickup for the Yanks any way you slice it..

GreenMonster said:
He may not have the pop in his bat that he used to have but just getting on base will be huge with the lineup the Yanks will trot out nightly.. Its a good pickup for the Yanks any way you slice it..

Blah, I'm sick of hearing about how good their lineup is on a nightly basis. We all heard how incredible their lineup was going to be when they signed Giambi in 2001, and we heard it again when they traded for A-Rod in 2004. Whatever, they haven't won a damn thing since then, and I don't see this trade helping them to achieve anything of note this year either.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Blah, I'm sick of hearing about how good their lineup is on a nightly basis. We all heard how incredible their lineup was going to be when they signed Giambi in 2001, and we heard it again when they traded for A-Rod in 2004. Whatever, they haven't won a damn thing since then, and I don't see this trade helping them to achieve anything of note this year either.

It may not be the best lineup in the postseason, but as far as helping them make the playoffs the next two years it will help.. Trust me I too am very happy they keep making deals for hitters and not decent pitchers.. (Liddle is garbage)..

I thought Yankees were claiming that they wouldn't trade away there young prospects for an older veteran! I guess they changed there mind and made a deal like they do almost every year!

Back
Top Bottom