Abreu to Yanks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Abreu to Yanks

wazzy said:
I thought Yankees were claiming that they wouldn't trade away there young prospects for an older veteran! I guess they changed there mind and made a deal like they do almost every year!

The players they traded were hardily prospects, they basically gave up nothing for Abreu and Lidle. The Yankees have always said that Hughes was untouchable and so far they stuck with their plan and haven't dealt him.

Good trade for the Yanks, but they still have no pitching, they have a bunch of washed up guys, they still wont win it all.

Reading the "panic" in the posts of yankee haters is such fun!:sidelol:

So much venom over a "trade" :sidelol: :sidelol:

FaninPatsyLand said:
Blah, I'm sick of hearing about how good their lineup is on a nightly basis. We all heard how incredible their lineup was going to be when they signed Giambi in 2001, and we heard it again when they traded for A-Rod in 2004. Whatever, they haven't won a damn thing since then, and I don't see this trade helping them to achieve anything of note this year either.

The trade really isn't for this year. Why is that so hard to understand? They just got Sheff's replacement and can now focus their winter moves strictly on pitching.

Geeeez, is that tough to understand. You get an ALL STAR outfielder for 4 minor league nobodies. What GM in their right mind would say no to that trade esepcially when you are about to get rid of an old RF who has a big bat?????

And as part of the deal they are forced to take on Corey Liddel for a couple months then his contract is up after this year and he walks.

This isn't a move soley made to help NY win now. It's a move that might help them win now, but with the long-term thinking of it makes this team better but really makes them better in the long-run as Abreu is younger than Sheff and brings more to the table in speed and OB% knowing you MUST replace Sheff anyway.

Also, whatever team doesn't get Soriano......don't be shocked if they make a move for Burrell.

I could see a team like Minnesota, Detroit, or LAA go after a Burrell tomorrow afternoon if they are locked out on Soriano.

MikeO said:
The trade really isn't for this year. Why is that so hard to understand? They just got Sheff's replacement and can now focus their winter moves strictly on pitching.

Geeeez, is that tough to understand. You get an ALL STAR outfielder for 4 minor league nobodies. What GM in their right mind would say no to that trade esepcially when you are about to get rid of an old RF who has a big bat?????

And as part of the deal they are forced to take on Corey Liddel for a couple months then his contract is up after this year and he walks.

This isn't a move soley made to help NY win now. It's a move that might help them win now, but with the long-term thinking of it makes this team better but really makes them better in the long-run as Abreu is younger than Sheff and brings more to the table in speed and OB% knowing you MUST replace Sheff anyway.

It's really not hard to understand at all. I just don't want to hear how great their lineup is anymore. They haven't won anything with these "insane" lineups, and that will continue this year.

FaninPatsyLand said:
It's really not hard to understand at all. I just don't want to hear how great their lineup is anymore. They haven't won anything with these "insane" lineups, and that will continue this year.

Apparently it is pretty hard for some to understand considering their ranked 2nd in the league in runs per game, its their starting pitching that has prevented them from winning another WS.

abreau is a solid player.the yanks keep on getting more talent

Motion said:
Apparently it is pretty hard for some to understand considering their ranked 2nd in the league in runs per game, its their starting pitching that has prevented them from winning another WS.

That's exactly my point, you can't outscore everyone in October. Which is exactly why this deal is essentially a non-factor for the short-term (this year).

Thank you!

dob72 said:
the yankees are turning baseball into a joke

Why? George wants to put a winner on the field and is willing to spend money to do it. If the Yankees are turning baseball into a joke wouldn't the teams that refuse money also be turning baseball into a joke? It's not like they're absolutely destroying everyother team. If they get to the playoffs I don't think they'd be the favorites because of pitching. Although Moose has been very good all season. If I were a fan of the Red Sox i'd much rather face the Yankees in the playoffs than the Twins. Obviously i'm a Chisox fan and barring a collapse the Tigers are going to win the central so it's really a 3-team race for the Wild Card between the Twins/Chisox and whoever finishes 2nd in the east. If fans think just because the Yanks got Abreu they're a lock to get into the playoffs I think their mistaken. It helps them but Chicago's offense is as good as anyones and the Twins run out probably the two best pitchers in all of baseball.

djfresh47 said:
If I were a fan of the Red Sox i'd much rather face the Yankees in the playoffs than the Twins.

No doubt about it.

In fact I'd go as far to say that I feel the Twins are the only team in all of baseball that the Red Sox couldn't beat in a playoff series. They don't hit any lefties well, nevermind the two most dominant lefties in all of baseball in Liriano and Santana.

Ray Finkle said:
The players they traded were hardily prospects, they basically gave up nothing for Abreu and Lidle. The Yankees have always said that Hughes was untouchable and so far they stuck with their plan and haven't dealt him.

The Yanks are paying Abreu's 16 Million dollars...that's not nothing.

Motion said:

WRONG

Arod has kept them from winning a WS :rolleyes2

Roman529 said:
The Yanks are paying Abreu's 16 Million dollars...that's not nothing.

Sorry but for the Yankees it's nothing. Money is never an issue when it comes to the Yankees. They can afford that like its nothing especially since they draw over 4 million fans a year at the Stadium plus all the money they get from their own TV network.

Back
Top Bottom