Ac In The Am: Gesicki Starting To Step Up | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ac In The Am: Gesicki Starting To Step Up

I want to see more before getting to excited.....that said, the kid looks fine.

Can't help but be excited for Gesicki's potential in this offense after a day like yesterday. Blocking will continue to be a concern all year and probably for the next couple. But if he puts together a couple of more days like yesterday he will be the unquestioned starter.

Historically, athletic pass-catching TEs don't really 'break out' until their sophomore seasons. So I am going to temper my enthusiasm a little bit.

But this guy, wow. I don't think he's going to be as good as Gronkowski (don't think we will see anyone as good all around as Gronkowski for a long time), but he's going to be pretty dang good.
I don't understand how 9 days into his first training camp you can label him as not being able to be as good as Gronkowski. They both went at the same place almost in the draft.

I just can't see how this dude doesn't end up with a minimum of 40 catches and 7 TD's his rookie year, espeically If old man Julius Thomas can get 41 catches with Jay Cutler and Landry getting 160 targets.
Based on how often he's getting thrown to I would say he has a chance at 70 catches this year. Thomas stopped getting thrown too because he sucked last year.

I don't understand how 9 days into his first training camp you can label him as not being able to be as good as Gronkowski. They both went at the same place almost in the draft.
Well, you must admit, the odds of him being a top 5 all time tight end are quite long.

Because Gronk when healthy is arguably the most dominant TE in NFL history and sharing the same draft space as another player has absolutely nothing to do with how good you'll turn out to be.

Gronkowski is a freak of nature and also a superb blocker. He is probably the best player in the NFL. I know he seems like a complete ignoramus off the field, but his football IQ is tremendous and he's all-around outstanding at his position. One of the best players in the history of the game.

Saying that I don't think Gesicki will be as good as Gronkowski isn't a slight on Gesicki. It's like saying that I don't think Minkah Fitzpatrick is going to be quite as good as Ronnie Lott. It's acknowledgement that even if the player is very talented and promising, they are still very unlikely to ever achieve that level of greatness.

Lott was a monster. Those Walsh/Montana era defenses were underrated. They were dominant in their own right.

Ronnie Lott was a Pro Bowler as a corner and as a safety. I could be wrong but I think he led the Niners in total tackles one season with over 100. As a freaking cornerback!

Back
Top Bottom