AC In The AM: Josh Rosen's Upside Offers Enticing Possibilities | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AC In The AM: Josh Rosen's Upside Offers Enticing Possibilities

Rosen is the league-leader in ensuring that his team has the worst record in all of football.

He will have a 100% rating in this area by season end. On this alone he may end up having tremendous trade value to anyone considering a Tankathon strategy.

In fact, the process may be now be formally known as the “Rosethon”
That's ridiculous!

Can someone post Bill Parcells' 10 commandments for QB's and see how he lines up to them?

Most of all of this is crazy dated due to changing times but heres all your Bill Parcell info...

info for drafting QB....

1. Be a three-year starter...no
  2. Be a senior in college....no
  3. Graduate from college....no
  4. Start 30 games.................yes
  5. Win 23 games.................no
  6. Post a 2:1 touchdown-to-interception ratio....yes
  7. Compete at least 60-percent of passes thrown.....yes
JR met 3 of 7, only Mason Rudolph and Baker Mayfield met all 7

as far as his commandments go....

Here’s the list:
1. Ignore other opinions
– Press or TV, agents or advisors, family or wives, friends or relatives, fans or hangers on – ignore them on matters of football, they don’t know what’s happening here.
2. Clowns can’t run a huddle – don’t forget to have fun but don’t be the class clown. Clowns and leaders don’t mix. Clowns can’t run a huddle.
3. Fat QBs can’t avoid the rush – A quarterback throws with his legs more than his arm. Squat and run.
4. Know your job cold – this is not a game without errors. Keep yours to a minimum. Study.
5. Know your own players – Who’s fast? Who can catch? Who needs encouragement? Be precise. Know your opponent.
6. Be the same guy every day – in condition. Preparing to lead. Studying your plan. A coach can’t prepare you for every eventuality. Prepare yourself and remember, impulse decisions usually equal mistakes.
7. Throwing the ball away is a good play – sacks, interceptions and fumbles are bad plays. Protect against those.
8. Learn to manage the game – personnel, play call, motions, ball handling, proper reads, accurate throws, play fakes. Clock. Clock. Clock. Don’t you ever lose track of the clock.
9. Get your team in the end zone – passing stats and TD passes are not how you’re going to be judged. Your job is to get your team in the end zone and that is how you will be judged.
10. Don’t panic – when all around you is in chaos, you must be the hand that steers the ship. If you have a panic button so will everyone else. Our ship can’t have a panic button.
11. Don’t be a celebrity QB – we don’t need any of those. We need battlefield commanders that are willing to fight it out, every day, every week and every season and lead their team to win after win after win.

1...this would be something he mainly knows, i dont see him mentioning "mama says im playing out of position" or what not tho
2...I remember a former player saying he liked RT17, but RT17 was corny and that does equal leader. Rosen seems to be more focused than even having fun
3...well he's not fat, seems to have pretty good build, he's not Mr Quads like Gardner Minshew tho
4...i think extra film work and studying and so on is something he was said to lack or ignore
5...nobody on the team knows anyone, im sure he knows who cant catch, but hell you gotta put the ball in the air
6...once again hard to really know this
7...he needs to learn this ASAP..big negative for him so far..but too many people are crying about his completion % without factoring in drops, im sure he'd get shitted on for throwing hte ball away on the 1 instead of taking the sack cause % would go down
8...we still need to see a little more game action
9...he's moved the ball well on a couple series, his team just dont want to get in the endzone
10..yeah he panics and hits the **** it button in the second half
11... his face isnt all over the place, i even follow him on twitter and he doesnt seem to be much of a celebrity, but that comes with success anyways,

but like i said with social media now a days, and age always affecting draft position, the one and done starters, its a little harder. you rarely see an elite QB graduate unless he was a transfer or graduated early (but then he wouldnt have 4 full years in)

I am happy with what I have seen out of this thus far. I think his stats would be much better if some receiver's helped him out a bit more. His pocket presence is superior to 17 although his occasional god awful throw has to be cleaned up. I always say Brady it, If the throw isn't there and the rush is coming throw it at the feet and live for the next down.

No way we get a 1 for him currently, I wouldn't mind a dual between him and Tua as we could be in for a better trade next season if Rosen shows to be above average. Think Eagles

I have been pretty impressed with Rosen so far. I have mixed feelings about using our first pick on a QB. Look at Arizona. They did nothing to put Rosen in a position to win. Then they used the first overall pick on a QB instead of surrounding their 1st round pick the year before with talent. He has looked good at times, but guess what Arizona is 0-3-1. We can draft whatever QB we want next year, but the team isn’t going to win if we don’t add talent. Forget Tua/Herbert/Fromm, Dan Marino in his prime wouldn’t be winning games with the team we currently have.

Though there are plenty of encouraging signs, but lf Miami is going to include him into their 2020 plans, I'm afraid he will have to do much better, and more consistently through the whole game, nor just halfs.

I know it's unfair, with the O-Line, not much of a running game, and receivers dropping passes, but Tua for his part, is making a great case on being picked #1 overall.

I would love to see Rosen explode on the NFL, prove to be the future at QB, and allow Miami to use the #1 picks in other areas, but if Rosen doesn't prove himself, there is no way Miami just assumes Rosen will get better, and bypasses one of the better QB classes to come out in a while.

Only on this forum would people legitimately think that a guy who is completing 51% of his passes, throwing for 120 ypg, a 1/3 TD/INT ratio, and a 55 QB rating would command anything more than we got him for, let alone a first round pick.

Man, the delusion is outright rampant here.
Well I mean the Vikings gave the Eagles a first rounder and a fourth rounder for Sam Bradford. Rosen > Bradford

Though there are plenty of encouraging signs, but lf Miami is going to include him into their 2020 plans, I'm afraid he will have to do much better, and more consistently through the whole game, nor just halfs.

I know it's unfair, with the O-Line, not much of a running game, and receivers dropping passes, but Tua for his part, is making a great case on being picked #1 overall.

I would love to see Rosen explode on the NFL, prove to be the future at QB, and allow Miami to use the #1 picks in other areas, but if Rosen doesn't prove himself, there is no way Miami just assumes Rosen will get better, and bypasses one of the better QB classes to come out in a while.

Tua with his NFL caliber offensive line and receiving core playing vs teams with half their talent and athletic ability*

I think Tua is a good QB. However, the best college football program in the country the past decade blowing out unranked teams with losing records means nothing. We will see if he puts up 6TD games vs LSU, Auburn or in the playoffs. If he does, I’m sure he’s pretty much a lock at #1 overall (if we have it) regardless of how Rosen plays. It doesn’t matter who our QB is if we don’t add talent to surround him though.

Well I mean the Vikings gave the Eagles a first rounder and a fourth rounder for Sam Bradford. Rosen > Bradford
Rosen is better than Bradford based on what exactly? This is what I'm talking about. Pure, unadulterated homerism.

Not only was Bradford a #1 overall pick so he was more talented than Rosen coming into the draft, but Bradford that year with the Eagles went 7-7 with a 65% completion percentage on 266ypg, 19TDs 14INTs and 2 game winning drives. Rosen hasn't even hit that 266 yards in a single GAME yet in his entire career.

Rosen is better than Bradford based on what exactly? This is what I'm talking about. Pure, unadulterated homerism.

Not only was Bradford a #1 overall pick so he was more talented than Rosen coming into the draft, but Bradford that year with the Eagles went 7-7 with a 65% completion percentage on 266ypg, 19TDs 14INTs and 2 game winning drives. Rosen hasn't even hit that 266 yards in a single GAME yet in his entire career.
Right, because the Dolphins is loaded with talent to help Rosen out. I forgot about that part...

Right, because the Dolphins is loaded with talent to help Rosen out. I forgot about that part...
The way this forum talks, it's apparently a better strategy to just draft everybody else on offense first and leave QB until last, because apparently that's the only way a QB can look good.

Finheaven 2019. Where QB is the least important of an offense since it's everybody else's job to prop him up.

You just don’t get it yet? They stuck him and Fitz out there in the barren cold - it wasn’t fair and it was the agenda - it is what it is

I mostly like what I'm seeing from Rosen. This offense puts a ton of pressure on the QB. He is asked to do a great deal pre-snap, identify the mike, get everybody lined up etc. He is improving right before our eyes. The processing thing will improve with reps and time in the system. I see a guy that is very quick with his feet to get out of trouble in the pocket, he has great feet, possibly from being a tennis star as a kid. Let's face it, this is a tough offense to learn and Rosen still has a ways to go. He'll now have 2 full weeks practicing with the ones. I expect to see him look a good deal sharper after the bye. Don't screw up and beat the Redskins.

I was disappointed with the way Rosen played in the 2nd half on Sunday. It made me lean more towards picking Tua at #1 overall then i've felt throughout camp and early in the season. Before I commit to that pick however I do want to see how Rosen plays throughout the year as he becomes more comfortable and the opponents become less formidable. I also want to see how Tua does against some better competition given that he's throwing to so many quality wideouts and for the most part has plenty of time.

There's no need to make draft choices in October when there's so much information to process between now and April.

Rosen is the league-leader in ensuring that his team has the worst record in all of football.

He will have a 100% rating in this area by season end. On this alone he may end up having tremendous trade value to anyone considering a Tankathon strategy.

I’m pretty sure this team is losing no matter who the quarterback is...but I don’t get the Rosen hate from the Tua train.

I want both on this team.

I’m pretty sure this team is losing no matter who the quarterback is...but I don’t get the Rosen hate from the Tua train.

I want both on this team.
So do I since we've already invested a draft choice into Rosen. I just refuse to make excuses for his play because that's what got us 7 years of Tannehill instead of what should have been 3-4 max.

Me thinks you have been hitting the pipe and watching too many sunsets
01a5e7afbf9fba95ee23406ed5f20d484b6c49365b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom