According to 5 Phins Players O-Line is Biggest Need, 2 Want J. Cooper @#12 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to 5 Phins Players O-Line is Biggest Need, 2 Want J. Cooper @#12

Do you think Warmack is going top 11? That's 3 OT and 2 OG going in the top 11.

yes i do...only thing i think that would change that is if dee milliner somehow got to pick #10 tennessee woud have a tough decision to make...right now i project cooper to the titans at #10 and warmack to san diego at #11 barring them trading up...there's buzz that buffalo is considering both guards at #8...i know that guards don't usually go this high but this years an exception...the top of this class is not as impressive as some years prior...

i don't expect coop or warmack to get to #12

I've never been so excited for a draft with the ammo we have. Don't screw this up Ireland, you have a chance to come out with possibly 4-5 starters immediately

I honestly believe Omar Kelly made this up in order to prove his point about Jonathan Cooper.

I honestly believe Omar Kelly made this up in order to prove his point about Jonathan Cooper.

OR those players really said that because 1- they recognize how good of a player Jonathan Cooper is and have heard about him through reputation or 2- they understand how important a position a pulling guard plays in a zone blocking scheme.

Or i guess you can stick to "he just made it up" without any evidence at all

I haven't seen many mocks out there with both Warmack and Cooper in the top 11. Would be really different to see 2 guards going that high.

wait a second...you cant draft a G that high! thats so stupid! they should all be drafted around 25 or something.

Albert (looking that way), Cooper/Warmack, Pouncey, Cog, Martin. That sounds like a solid 5 protecting our franchise qb for a while.

Garner, Jerry, and Lewis are no slouches coming off the bench.

what??? we have richie incognito pro bowler manning left guard...that can't be...:chuckle:

too bad for the players that want coop...barring a trade up he's not getting to us...

I hope you're right. I like and have liked Cooper, but we have to get more explosive on offense or defense. Wallace isn't enough. I think there's a good chance that Ireland takes the same approach to WR this season. Might draft one or two sometime during rounds five through seven. The more I think about it, and the more I think about how Ireland views the job he's done in FA, this draft could get pretty ugly. It's not a Miami draft unless we're passing on quality players for JAG's, right?

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Albert (looking that way), Cooper/Warmack, Pouncey, Cog, Martin. That sounds like a solid 5 protecting our franchise qb for a while.

Garner, Jerry, and Lewis are no slouches coming off the bench.

Better be a lot better than solid, considering the resources we'd be - again - dumping into the thing. Better be a top-5 OL.

You have great instincts. I came here to post the same thing, after reading the column.

It's a definite possibility, if not a probability.

When I read the header I thought...wow, that's a gutsy idea for a column by Omar, should be some juicy material. Then there's absolutely nothing. Nothing, other than abuse of the word "admitted."

I have a difficult time believing the interviews took place. When a writer takes the time to do that, even if the interviews are off the record, or reluctant, the writer is antsy to use some of the material. He might provide some partial quotes, even if anonymously, and hint at something, whether it's where the interviews took place, or the positions of the players, or whether they said it passionately or not, or what their second or third positions of emphasis were. Give me something to verify you didn't make it up. Believe me, making it up is a staple of lazy sportswriters.

When an actual interview takes place, you never get exactly what you expect, or what you want. There are always curve balls. Significant ones. I've used that knowledge to call out posters on some true crime sites. We'll be arguing the merits of some case and all of a sudden a poster will claim he talked to a big shot expert. And what do you know, when he provides his version of what the expert said, it's word for word identical to the opinions provided by that poster the previous weeks or months. My biggest problem is not to laugh. I don't mind calling them out on it, and not in a friendly way.

Back
Top Bottom