According to John Clayton of ESPN ........... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to John Clayton of ESPN ...........

DolphinVJ

Active Roster
Reaction score
"The best teams I've seen during the preseason are the Buccaneers, Eagles, Raiders, Chiefs, Titans and Colts".

and

"The most interesting race still is in the AFC East between the Dolphins and Patriots........Unfortunately for both teams, their division and their schedules are so tough, it may be hard for the AFC East winner to finish better than the third seed in the playoffs."

For more details -

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/clayton_john/1493179.html

Unfortunately, probably true. I love the competition but sometimes I wish it was us that switched divisions instead of Indy. Sure would make things easier.

I wish we would have switched divisions to get some regional rivalries going.

As a Miami resident I would love to be in a division with Tampa and Atlanta so I could take a short trip to see those games.

Further, I'll bet that a rivalry with Tampa would quickly grow to be as big as the Jets rivalry.

The South is by far the weakest division. I think the West is going to be just as competitive as our division, those teams will beat each other up and drag each other's record down. The north will be more competitive as well, the Ravens will be improved, so will the Bengals, and the Steelers and Browns both made the playoffs last year, so they should be bunched up as well. I would say either the Titans or Colts should have the inside track to home field based solely on division record. But the 'Phins play both of them, so it's gonna be crucial to beat both Indy and Tenn. for the head-to-head advantage.

Originally posted by zachseau13

As a Miami resident I would love to be in a division with Tampa and Atlanta so I could take a short trip to see those games.

Further, I'll bet that a rivalry with Tampa would quickly grow to be as big as the Jets rivalry.

As soon as television was invented, it put that possibility out the window. Same reason the Texans HAD to be an AFC team, the networks don't want regional teams in the same Divisions because it limits their national appeal.

Originally posted by JackMeehov
The South is by far the weakest division. I think the West is going to be just as competitive as our division, those teams will beat each other up and drag each other's record down. The north will be more competitive as well, the Ravens will be improved, so will the Bengals, and the Steelers and Browns both made the playoffs last year, so they should be bunched up as well. I would say either the Titans or Colts should have the inside track to home field based solely on division record. But the 'Phins play both of them, so it's gonna be crucial to beat both Indy and Tenn. for the head-to-head advantage.

Bear in mind that the South and North play the East and West this year, so none of those teams get the cush schedule they had last season. A West or East team could certainly get a bye this year because of that. Last year the North and South played each other and look at where the two Wildcards came from.

predictions mean squat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let the regular season decide our fate.

I wish we had the weakest possible schedule. The less competition we have, the better.

I would rather stay in the AFC East and beat the rest of our division into submission, make them so scared they pull the trigger on aweful moves during the offseason.

Seems to be working with the Jets so far....

:)

Originally posted by zachseau13

Why the hell are we in the AFC East after all?? Notice we are with New England (Boston), New York, and Buffalo: all these teams are so close to each other, yet we have to travel like 3 hours on plane to get to these places, not to mention the preparation and tiredness suffered from long flights. We should be in the South Division with Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Houston. Move Indy to the East.

I'll tell you wy we're in the East, its because the NFL feels pity for teams like Buff, NE, and NY with their harsh weather come November, so they give them the benefit of the doubt to enjoy some travel to a a nice sub-tropical city like Miami, in turn that scars us.

I often thought we would have been a better ft for he sout, but I think I woud have missed th rivalries with the Jets, Patriots and Bills more than gaining new ones with Jacksonville, Houston and Tennesee.

I think thats a bit obtuse. The AFC East is the AFC East because Miami, Boston, Baltimore, NYC, and Buffalo are in the eastern US. Back when the AFC East was formed, I do believe Indy was still in Baltimore back when the AFC East and NFC East were formed.

I guess the real question is why is Buffalo in the AFC East, and why is Atlanta not in the NFC or AFC East, cuz Buffalo isn't on the eastern seaboard and Atlanta is.

Do you know how much history we have with those guys. They hate us we hate them. That is money. Colts left because we had nothing with them. Except a broken jaw.

Back
Top Bottom