According to John Clayton of ESPN ........... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to John Clayton of ESPN ...........

My question then is why the hell was Carolina in the NFC West for six years?

CK, your point is valid, but not all teams that reside in he east or west need to be on the seabord. The Arizona Cardinals are now in the west but are no where near the western seaboard. However, it is an immensly better fit than them being in the east with the Giants, Eagles, Redskins and Cowboys (who really need to be put in another division as well). I think it is safe to assume that Miami, while on the eastern seaboard, would have made sense to be in the south as well. Seeing how the other teams in that region were plucked out of their older divisions and placed in this one. However, I do agree with your pont so I don't know why I am disagreeingwith you :) I suppose just wanting to play devil's advocate. :)

Originally posted by Jaj
My question then is why the hell was Carolina in the NFC West for six years?

They had an open spot in the NFC west (only had 4 teams prior to Carolinas introduction).

no other reason.

Originally posted by booyeah_
I wish we had the weakest possible schedule. The less competition we have, the better.

I wish Miami took care of the chance last year.. The schedule was relatively good for Miami last eyar and just didnt get the job done... This year, Miami will have to play like Supermen to get a first round BYE which is not out of the question..

Originally posted by Dolfan02

I'll tell you wy we're in the East, its because the NFL feels pity for teams like Buff, NE, and NY with their harsh weather come November, so they give them the benefit of the doubt to enjoy some travel to a a nice sub-tropical city like Miami, in turn that scars us.

Are you implying the fins can't play in cold weather? The bucs didn't have a problem last year. :huh: Oh well if that's your logic.....

Funny thing is that some posters here stated that the reason why the fins are hardly beaten in Sept. is because of the humid weather in Sept. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom