According to Ponder he was Miamis target at 15? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to Ponder he was Miamis target at 15?

Good, you? Ready for the season to start. I think Henne looks much improved, and maybe more important; comfortable out there.

way too early to say that personally I think Locker was best qb prospect in draft so we shall see

I think the best QB in the draft is going to be one of the late round picks.

I also think we were fortunate to NOT end up wasting a pick on a QB this past draft....now next years should be a good QB class.

BTW: What happened to the scottish Avatar? Always loved that one :up:

I think the best QB in the draft is going to be one of the late round picks.

I also think we were fortunate to NOT end up wasting a pick on a QB this past draft....now next years should be a good QB class.

BTW: What happened to the scottish Avatar? Always loved that one :up:

been on my Watchmen kick for a while. Its a waste only if a guy does not turn out good .

We received a list from a coaching source.

The list was
1). Locker
2). Ponder
3). Pouncey
4). Gabe Carimi

That list seems very reasonable to me, except that I would have expected to see Gabbert on it. I whiffed on Locker, bought in way too much of the negativity on him his senior year, didn't grasp the extenuating circumstances, and quite frankly didn't see him play nearly enough. Still like Carimi quite a bit. As much as I like Ponder I really can't fault the FO for how the draft board fell. Ponder went high, we missed him by one team- the Lions and Rams were the next two teams on the board. It happens.

We received a list from a coaching source.

The list was
1). Locker
2). Ponder
3). Pouncey
4). Gabe Carimi

IMO if you lack a Franchise QB and you like two of the prospects, there is no reason why you shouldnt make a big effort to trade up and ensure you get one.

IMO if you lack a Franchise QB and you like two of the prospects, there is no reason why you shouldnt make a big effort to trade up and ensure you get one.

I like Ponder quite a bit and was pounding the table for us to get him, but trading up from #15 seems a bit much. If Locker were available at #9 maybe the FO pulls the trigger on a trade with Dallas, who knows.

Back
Top Bottom